Second time

From Seoul to Busan ( I met a stranger named Kim...)

They met on the train the second time. On February 1st. When the weather is just too normal and perfect, and when the clouds are puffy and you can make shapes out of them.

Park Chanyeol was heading to Busan to bring back his wife to Seoul.

Today's headlines was, "Seoul's top business man, Oh Sehun falls in bankruptcy."

And on the next page was a tiny article on the interesting character Byun Baekhyun, "The famous Idol, Byun Baekhyun also known as the Bacon and RapByun by his beloved fans sues his entertainment company for not paying the amount he was to receive, on the other hand, rumors has it that his wife Kim-."

The door slid open and in entered a someone wearing all-black. His face was covered with a mask, and the upper-part of his face with a cap.

The stranger placed his back pack under his seat and sat across Chanyeol.

The man looked up and Chanyeol smiled, but it was hard to tell if he received a smile as well or not.

Folding the paper neatly, he placed it in the table in front of him and sighed.

"The weathers nice eh?" Chanyeol spoke but got no response. In fact he, himself had no idea why he had to open his mouth for no reason.

The man took off his cap and slid on the headphones.

Chanyeol frowned upon noticing the familiarity of the headphones and those eyes.

"Uh-" He straightened himself a little and slightly leaned in forward.

"Congrats." The man suddenly said, making Chanyeol's eyes jolt wide open and blurt a confused expression. "Huh?"

"The ring. You're married aren't you?" He spoke from behind his mask.

Chanyeol's heart let out a kind of excitement and surprise that the man he met two months ago, still remembers him.

"So you noticed huh?" Chanyeol said in a tone of amusement.

"Uh-huh." The man nodded. "Park Chanyeol right?"

And his heart jumped, like from a trampoline again and again.

The one thing Park Chanyeol didn't fathom was that, why was he so happy just knowing that a stranger knows, or remembers him?

"Right!" Chanyeol reached out his hand like the last time. "Nice to meet you-?"

"I'm Kim-."

"We are sorry to announce you that the train will depart after a short while due to some engine failure, I request you all, please to be patient and to consider the current situation. Thank you."

A lady suddenly announced and unconsciously Chanyeol took back his hand. "Aish...That's too bad."

He looked at the man and saw that he had increased the volume on his headphones and closed his eyes.

Shrugging, that though it was rude to cut off their talk so abruptly, there was still two hours left for them to get to know each other, so Chanyeol took out his current book from his briefcase and immersed himself until he himself was inside the book as the main character, not to mention, the detective.

 

Chanyeol woke up by the sound of clinking and clanking.

"What is that irritating sound", he thought as he took off the book from his face.

Bright light smiled upon him just as he opened his tired eyes.

"Oh...sorry did I disturb you?" The man asked, finally placing down the spoon before tapping on the rim of the cup thrice.

"Kind of.." Chanyeol replied and rubbed his eyes. The tiredness slowly vanishing away.

"Coffee?" He asked and the latter nodded.

Again, Chanyeol was happy that his compartment partner was talking to him.

This feeling, though he knew that it was happiness, there was something more to it than that. Something that was strange to Chanyeol.

 

Coffee with milk and two sugar cubes was how Chanyeol liked to drink, but the man liked it black with one sugar cube.

Chanyeol liked mystery and romance whereas the man only liked mystery, romance wasn't in his list at all.

Chanyeol listens to rock music, and the man listens to the complete opposite of it.

 

They both didn't have anything in common.

There was nothing there could actually agree on one thing, however somehow it made them more curious about each other.

The man was unmarried, he did have a girlfriend but although there were no signs of break-up, they just don't talk to each other.

"Women...they are weird." He said. "I can't believe you married one."

"Well buddy, it's love." Chanyeol chuckled. "Maybe one day, she will come running to you and you can get married as well."

All he did was shrug.

 

Half an hour more to reach their destination.

 

"You can't find a perfect gift for her?" The man asked.

"Uh-huh, I want to give her something unique, something which no man has ever given to a women."

"I don't think there is such a thing..Many great a men have given greater things to their women."

"I know, but there must be one thing no great man has ever given right?"

The man thoughtfully rubbed his chin.

"You're thinking too hard, it's alright though." Chanyeol laughed.

"No, wait, I think I can at least throw you one object."

"And what is that?"

"You're heart."

"My heart?"

"Yea, if you love her so much, give her your heart."

"Do you mean literally or metaphorically?" Chanyeol's brows knitted.

"To be honest, literally, but as a joke, metaphorically."

"Hm, that's actually a great idea but what happens when I give her my heart?"

"You place yourself inside her. That's the best gift any husband could give to her wife."

"But what if she wants to hold me? Literally."

The man laughed, "She has you. She has your heart, what more could she want?"

Chanyeol sighed. "That's just plain sad man.."

"Tragic right."

"Without doubt."

 

The train came to a halt, and Chanyeol and the man looked at each other wordlessly.

It seemed like they used so many words that none were escaping from their mouths right now.

"So...see you later then." Chanyeol muttered.

"Sure." The man nodded.

"Uh...I still didn't get your name Mr.Kim..?"

The man chuckled, "I'm Kim-."

Chanyeol's phone rang, "Kim?"

The phone kept ringing, "First take the call, might be important."

"Aish.." Chanyeol took out his phone. It was his wife.

Without delay, he picked it up and unconsciously, while talking left the compartment without saying his goodbyes to the stranger.

 

--