My name is Kim...

From Seoul to Busan ( I met a stranger named Kim...)

"You try too hard Park Chanyeol.. To make people smile right?"

 

"I might even start calling you Hyung."

 

"Tragic right."

"Without doubt."

 

"You're heart."

 

"The ring. You're married aren't you?"

 

"Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol."

 

"I'm Kim-"

 

December 22nd, when the sun begins to pile up for Christmas and New Year. When the kids begin to drink hot chocolate mug after mug and when couples become forget their worries just for a little while.

It was a cold day, chilly and unpleasant. Park Chanyeol's eyes shot open after 4 years. He was in a deep sleep, a sleep that wasn't peaceful at all.

 

The headlines 4 years ago, on June 19th 2012 was, "From Seoul to Busan, the KTX train met with a major accident, injuring and killing hundreds at the same time."

 

Chanyeol remembered everything, at-least most of it.

The talks on the train rides, the mysterious stranger, and the accident. Everything came to him in random flashes, like monochromatic film reels.

His wife had a baby two years ago, she named him April, just as they had discussed.

Chanyeol's body, however was yet to be healed completely. He had a vast number of fractures, bruises, and deep cuts that would eventually take a long time cure.

His voice wasn't back either and he was having a hard time choosing the right words to speak to his wife and parents, but they all told him to take his time since all they were happy for was that Chanyeol was alive again. That his soul wasn't taken away yet by death, and that he can start a new life, afresh after he gets back on his feet.

It was actually their mere belief of being reborn and all that stuff, but Chanyeol never believed in such a thing.

 

 

"Fate? Destiny? What do you want to call it?"

 

As a matter of fact, he believed in Karma.

 

--

 

Chanyeol didn't realize it only after he had wholly came back to his senses that a folded paper was underneath his pillow, he was only trying to find the T.V remote.

He asked his wife who it was from, but all she did was frown at his question.

He even asked his parents, and the nurses as well but to no avail.

Perplexed at what might be written inside and from who, Chanyeol unfolded the creased sheet.

 

His heart stopped beating for a moment, for more than a moment, or even longer.

For some reason he knew that it was a letter from his Hyung. The stranger he met on the train.

 

"Hey Park Chanyeol, I hope you are dreaming well, but I wish you could wake up soon because I still haven't told you what my name is.

Sorry for the bad handwriting though, I have a broken arm.

Anyways, the doctors keep saying you need a new heart urgently or else you won't live. You won't live to see your wife Chanyeol, so here, take my heart. LITERALLY NOT METAPHORICALLY.

I'm giving it to you only because you called me Hyung.

I'm placing myself inside of you, because that's the only gift I can give you for making me feel...less depressed and orphan.

Don't worry about my life, live yours.

You have me, you have my heart, what more could you want right?

Though it's ending way too sadly than I imagined it would be.

Tragic right?

Park Chanyeol, for the first time you will get to know my name without any distractions.

I'm Kim-."

 

Cold tears fell on the strangers name, smudging every single letter from it's place before Chanyeol could find out.