Third time

From Seoul to Busan ( I met a stranger named Kim...)

They met on the train the third time. On June 19th. When the world darkens and falls into gloom. When some hate it, and others feel alive when it drops hard and sometimes soft on their bare skin. The month of wet and damp grass, the month of too much sales of Umbrellas, and the month of couples going together under one (Some purposefully forgetting)

Park Chanyeol was heading to Busan to meet his sick parents. Nothing serious but he was forced to go by his wife for a day or two.

Todays top headlines were, "The famous Chinese Author, Zhang Yixing, set to release his new book called ONE, on end of October."

Chanyeol flipped the page to find something on Byun Baekhyun but all he saw were random articles on other singers.

"What happened to Baekhyun?" Thought Chanyeol, since the only time he really reads newspapers are when he's on the train, and inexplicably, it hurts not gaining any news of the idol he knew so little about. Did he win the law suit? What happened to his wife Kim-

And as he knew that there was going to be someone who would enter his compartment anytime, the door opened and in entered a man, wearing a checked black and white coat, his hair wet and disheveled, and his shoes bringing in mud into the neat cabin.

"Ah!" The strangers mouth opened in surprise upon seeing the latter. "We meet again Park Chanyeol."

"It's still a mystery to me how we end up in the same compartment time after time." Chanyeol laughed.

The man threw his wet bag pack under the seat and sat across Chanyeol. "Fate? Destiny? What do you want to call it?" He chuckled and ruffled his hair, following with a sneeze. "Sorry...Man I hate rains.."

"I have to say, I'm quite opposite once again."

"Rain lover eh?" He sneezed again and immediately, Chanyeol took out his kerchief from his coat pocket and handed it to him.

"I'm alright Chan-."

"Take it, I have a twin."

"Thank you."

 

Both of them ordered hot coffee, the way they liked it separately. The rains were chilling the atmosphere, albeit it was only twelve in the afternoon, there was no sign of the sun whatsoever.

It hid behind the beauty of the thunder clouds, behind the strikes and the trembles.

"You never said what you do for a living?" Chanyeol asked.

"Nothing much."

"That's not the right answer."

"I don't think you want to know, and I'm too embarrassed to say it. In all truthfulness."

"I won't laugh. You know what I do, so it's only fair."

"Hm..."

"Come on, I regard and respect all types of occupations."

"Well...I sing for a living, in a bar, part time. Seoul pays good."

"I knew you were hard working."

He laughed.

"And what about after the part time?"

"I uh..work in a restaurant in Busan. It gives me enough for my necessities."

"Wow, I'm fascinated."

"What's there to be fascinated about?"

"I don't know...I just think that my respect for you has reached the top level."

"What the-?" The man laughed confusedly.

"No really, the kind of man you are- I just want to admire you. I like that hardworking characteristic of yours."

"Park Chanyeol, you really know how to flatter people by your words."  He chuckled shyly.

"I might even start calling you Hyung."

The stranger stopped chuckling, and rose his brows high. "Hyung?"

"Yea, I'm guessing you are older than me?"

The man was faltering between a yes and a no.

"You look pretty surprised.." Chanyeol muttered.

"Sorry it's just that...You are the first one to say something like this before." The mans voice softened.

Chanyeol bit his lip, "You lack of friends right?"

The man shrugged.

"If you like, I can call you Hyung. If it makes you feel any better."

"You try too hard Park Chanyeol.. To make people smile right?"

"I don't think so, I have always been just able to make people smile." He laughed.

"I hate people who self-praise."

"Then I might as well stop it."

"But after meeting you...I think they are not so bad either.."

"Wahh I really can't figure out what you are thinking, or what you are going to think..Hyung."

The man's lips stretched from ear to ear upon the hearing of the word 'Hyung'.

"I don't think I'm older than you though.."

"Who cares. I have gotten used to it now."

"You only said it once."

"Once is enough for me to get used to something."

"Park Chanyeol, I really can't figure what you are thinking, or what you are going to think." He repeated those exact words to him.

Chanyeol laughed.

"I would like to be mysterious. Just like you."

"I am mysterious ain't I?" He smirked.

"Uh-huh, so mysterious that I still don't know your name Hyung. There's always some kind of a distraction and I don't get to hear after the name Kim."

"So I noticed as well."

"And so before any more distractions, I'm eager to know your good name."

"Park Chanyeol, I'm Kim-."

 

The train shook violently, the lights flickered and everything happened so fast but yet in slow motion that Chanyeol's heart stopped racing for a long second.

He was being thrown to the other side, and so was the man whose eyes were tightly closed.

The windows shattered into shards, arrowing them painfully. Their belongings tumbling on top of them, they tumbled as well. Rolled and rolled, banging their heads on the table, and the upper steel beds.

Their shouts were indistinct. Chanyeol knew he and his Hyung were screaming from on top of their lungs, but he couldn't hear it.

His body was numb, his brain became too slow to function properly, and for some reason, actually for all the more reasons, he felt that he was going to die. That his heart can't beat any longer, that his soul was ready to leave his wounded, and broken body.

Gradually, he forced his bloody brown eyes open. The vision was blurry, but he blinked. It hurt but he blinked. Painless tears streamed down from the corners of his eyes. He wanted to scream, open his mouth, cry out loud but it was like something was choking him from doing so.

His neck was unmovable, like the strings were finally cut off.

And there he was, his Hyung. Bleeding all over, lying with his eyes stuck to Park Chanyeol.

Their bodies were between the gap of the two seats, their things messily fallen around them like a kids play area on the red pool.

His hands were stretching out for help, weak, muscle torn fingers were trying to reach Chanyeol's.

"Hyung." Thought Chanyeol and his body behaved on its own. He was moving his hand towards the man.

"It's okay, I'm here..."

But before he could touch the gaping finger tips of his Hyung, Chanyeol's heart cringed terribly, and after a long gasp of damp air, his eyes clouded slowly, and then all at once.