Love & Hope

The Man Who Can't Be Moved

 

                  Everything seemed hopeless now. Seunghyun wanted to believe but was it really for the best if he just gave up? Will it save the hurt like Chaerin said? The vivid memories of Bom's soft luscious hair and her adorable smile were looping again and again like a broken gramophone. All her cute antics that never failed to make Seunghyun smile. Even now, thinking about it he still did smile. The things he would do just to have her again- 
 
Seunghyun bumps into Tablo. The older hyung looked so tired that Seunghyun pitied him. 
 
Seunghyun had heard of the reasons why he had switched companies to YGE because of all the false accusations of him making up his education history and how his previous company failed to keep their promise; to help him out. Everyone knew he had a rough time and welcomed him warmly into the family.
 
Tablo was nice, friendly and the music he created was pure genius. Seunghyun wasn’t really a huge fan of the man’s work, but as a fellow colleague in the music industry, Tablo’s music was definitely different. Seunghyun had heard his music before. The lyrics was very well written and the music was soulful.
 
‘Sorry, hyung. I wasn’t looking.’ Seunghyun apologized and lowered slightly his head out of respect.
 
‘Ah, don’t apologize! It’s okay, I wasn’t paying attention either.’ Tablo said and giving Seunghyun a smile as he rubbed the back of his neck. Awkward. 
 
Tablo then stared at Seunghyun for a long time. As if Tablo was visually scanning him. Seunghyun wanted to run off and scream but that would be rude of him. (And very odd)
 
‘So, I’ve heard of rumors that you recently broke up with Bom?’ Tablo asked carefully. Tablo didn’t want to hurt Seunghyun’s feelings.
 
‘Yes… That’s true.’ Seunghyun did not deny but he admitted it bitterly. Seunghyun wondered how the did rumors spread so fast.
Tablo laughed to himself and Seunghyun felt somewhat offended.
 
‘I’m sorry if I offended you but your relationship reminded me of a time when me and my wife was still dating.’ Tablo smiled. The way he mentioned about his wife was so loving that it made Seunghyun jealous of their relationship. Seunghyun then remembered that he was married to Kang Hye Jeong. Happily married under the same company without any disturbance. They even had a daughter. It was really a family in YGE.
 
Seunghyun’s jealousy was burning inside of him. He never felt so jealous before.
 
‘It’s okay. Everyone was trying to cheer me up and help me out.’
 
Tablo looked thoughtful for a moment before he spoke, ‘Can I also give you a word of advice?’
 
Oh god, no. ‘Why not?’ Seunghyun shrugged. He was getting ready for a lecture of giving up.
 
‘If you really love her, don’t let her go.’ Maybe Seunghyun didn’t hear him right.
 
‘I’m sorry, but I didn’t catch what you were saying.’
 
‘I said, if you love Bom, don’t let her slip away. For what it’s worth, marry her.’ Tablo said softly. Seunghyun’s broke into a grin that was so wide that it hurt his cheeks. Seunghyun didn’t expect that but he was glad.
 
‘Thank you, hyung. You have no idea how much those words means to me.’
 
‘I know how you feel. Loneliness is a terrible thing. But with my wife, everything was so much better. If she makes you happy despite of everything she’s definitely worth it.’ Tablo said. His words were filled with wisdom. Seunghyun had gained respect for him to a whole new level.
 
‘I have to go now, but it was nice meeting you. I’ll listen your advice. Thank you!’ Seunghyun went running off and shouted ‘And welcome to the family.’
 
Tablo just stood there. Confused and dazed, ‘No problem?’ But the younger man was already far from Tablo.
 
 
Seunghyun went to the dancing studio to find Bom. He could hear loud music thumping out of the room. He entered the room to only see Chaerin, Minzy, Seungri and a few other trainees.
 
‘Where’s Bom?’ Seunghyun asked Minzy.
 
Chaerin replied instead, ‘Well, she went out with Dara to eat. What do you want?’ Chaerin eyed Seunghyun suspiciously.
 
‘Come with me.’ Seunghyun grabbed Chaerin’s wrist and pulled her away. Chaerin gasped and kept on hitting on Seunghyun’s shoulder.
 
‘Let me go, you ape!’
 
‘Okay, bye everyone! I’m borrowing Chaerin for awhile.’ Seunghyun left the room with the unwilling blonde girl.
 
Seungri and Minzy stood there with the other trainees, lost for words at the sudden kidnap of the 2NE1’s leader. ‘Uh— okay! Back to training!’ Seungri clapped his hands and laughed nervously.
 
 
‘Yah! Let me go!’ Chaerin kept on shouting and hitting Seunghyun’s shoulder.
 
‘Keep quiet and stop hitting me! It hurts you know!’
 
What they didn’t see was Jiyong was behind them. He had just left the studio and was meeting up with Seungri.
 
‘I have something important to tell you.’ Seunghyun said before he dragged Chaerin away.
 
Seungri’s head popped out of the door and he grinned at his hyung. ‘You’re here!’
 
‘Yeah. What’s up with those two?’ Jiyong asked as he watched Chaerin’s leaving figure with that tall mother-er. Jiyong felt uneasy about it.
 
‘I don’t know. TOP-hyung just took her during dance practice. Seemed important.’ Seungri said. Minzy popped behind Seungri’s back as well. Jiyong waved at Minzy and she waved back.
 
‘I’m going to check on them. Just incase if it’s something serious.’
 
Seungri pouted, ‘Okay hyung but hurry. I’m starving!’
 
Jiyong nodded and left.
 
Seungri turned behind and faced Minzy. She almost fell on top of him. ‘Want to eat with us?’ Seungri asked casually.
 
‘Okay..’ Minzy said, blushing. Seungri smiled at patted her head.
 
‘Let’s have a dance battle. The best dancers of YG. Plus, the most good-looking and youngest.’ Seungri said, half joking and half serious. Minzy blushed at the compliment and agreed to the battle.
 
‘You’re going to lose though.’
 
Seunghyun pulled Chaerin to a quiet spot of the YG’s building. He looked at her and she looked furious.
 
‘What do you want?!’ Chaerin huffed and folded her arms.
 
‘I think we shouldn’t give up yet. Jiyong might like you. Back at the recording studio, he was getting worked up because you kept making faces at me. He’s probably jealous cause you don’t greet him anymore. And he wanted to see the text you sent to me.’ Chaerin’s eye widen in horror at that. ‘No, he didn’t see it in the end but he got really mad. And we kinda fought.’ Chaerin sighed in relief. Seunghyun didn’t bother to tell her about the part he lied to Jiyong about him and Chaerin might be in love. Jiyong wasn’t that stupid.
 
At that moment, Jiyong found them and was watching them quietly. They didn’t noticed his presence.
 
Chaerin blushed at Seunghyun and looked up to him. She smiled at him sweetly. Jiyong felt the burn of jealousy and rage. ‘Really, oppa?’
 
‘Yes. Really.’ Seunghyun smiled back at her. Jiyong wanted to go up to Seunghyun and punch him in the face. ‘So, don’t give up yet and listen to me.’ Seunghyun patted Chaerin’s head. Her face lit up brightly. As if she saw a cute puppy or happy to be in love…
 
Jiyong was so ing mad. He should be the one making Chaerin smile. Jiyong watched in horror as Chaerin then hugged Seunghyun. ‘That makes me feel very hopeful.’
 
Seunghyun laughed at that. ‘Yes, it should. It makes me hopeful too.’ Seunghyun was thinking of Bom at that moment. He was getting hopeful at the thought of being back together with Bom.
 
Chaerin was overjoyed at the news that she might have a chance with Jiyong that she hugged Seunghyun tightly. It really meant a lot to Chaerin. She had a crush on Jiyong for the longest time.
 
Jiyong was furious and mad. He decided he couldn’t take it anymore and quietly left the happy couple alone. His heart broke but Jiyong laughed it off to himself. ‘At least I have more ideas for new songs.’ Jiyong thought to himself bitterly as he went back to find Seungri.
 
Chaerin immediately pushed Seunghyun away. Seunghyun cleared his throat and it was getting awkward.
 
‘I heard Jiyong likes cute girls these few days. I don’t fit into that category.’
 
‘Don’t worry. You will. Let’s meet up and we’ll figure this out. But only if you….’
 
‘If I what?’ Chaerin glared at Seunghyun.
 
‘Well, it works two way. I help you and you help me out. You know what I want.’ Seunghyun said firmly.
 
‘Okay, call. Done deal.’ Chaerin said extending her out for a handshake.
 
‘Nice doing business with you, CL.’ Seunghyun grinned at her and shook her hand.
 
Chaerin grinned back at him as well. Her foxy-grin. ‘The pleasure is all mine, TOP.’