One

Rainy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Night, heavy rain.

She walked out from convenience store and suddenly she stopped. She never thought it’s going to be raining, so she didn’t brought umbrella with her. She stood at entrance door for few minutes and think what she should do right now. Her house is just three blocks from here. Should she run back home or stay until rain stopped?

She sighed and went back inside convenience store. Looked at umbrella price tag, its 2800won. Too expensive and she didn’t brought extra money with her. So she decided to stay, she sat on chair and eat snack she bought just now.

 She looked at wet streets through glass door. She sighed, heavily. If he still here with her, tonight will be their 5th anniversary.

He brought me into his apartment while closed my eyes with his both hands and counting ‘One, two, three...’ he pulled down his hands slowly.

I open my eyes and saw a small size vanilla cake with fruits on table. There’s a small balloons hang on wall written HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY.

He sat beside me and said ‘Since you don’t like flowers so I baked your favorite cake.’

‘You can bake?’ I asked, surprising. The cake looks neat and nice and it looks delicious.

He nodded. ‘I baked it with full of love. When you taste it, you will feel my sweetness love.’ He said, proudly.

‘Really?’ I took a bite of the cake. I don’t know how to explain. It taste bad, not too bad. It’s sour and I was wondering, did he put vanilla flavor in these cake because I can’t taste any of it.

He looked at me excitedly. ‘How was it? Can you taste my sweetness love?’ he waiting for my answer.

I pouted. ‘I think it’s true what people said about our relationship.’ I said.

‘What?’

‘It’s sour.’

He rolled his eyes. ‘Really?’ he took a bite. ‘Yeah, it’s true.’ He put down the spoon, disappointed. ‘I’m sorry.’ he said, guilty. ‘I supposed to make you happy today but it turns out terrible.’

‘It’s okay.’ I took another bite, ‘I still love it even it’s sour because you made it for me.’ I smile, look at him. I love him so much. I don’t want to lose him and he’s my every thing.

He ruffled my hair. ‘Let’s not eat this.’ He pushed the cake to side. ‘I knew this thing will happen so, I ordered pizza. It will arrived in any minutes.’ He said while walked to kitchen and took drinks for me.

I nodded and leaned back onto sofa. I scanned around his apartment. This my first time came into his apartment. It’s simple and doesn’t have a lot of furniture. I love it.

The house bell rang....

                                      

Her phone rang. She startled and looked at her phone. MOM. She slides answer. She knew her mom is so worried of her when it’s raining especially on her anniversary day. It was special day and also a dark day to her.

After she ended the call, she saw a guy wearing black hoodie and covered his face with mask, step into convenience store. He placed wet umbrella near entrance, then he walked to drinks section and took a bottle of plain water. ‘I’ll pay later’ he said to cashier while sat opposite Jiyoung and slowly took off his mask.

Jiyoung saw his face. Her heart dropped. She stuck. Her legs and hands are shaking. He looks exactly like him.

 It’s not him.

It’s not him.

She keeps telling herself.

He looked at her and smile. Jiyoung didn’t move an inch. Without she realized, tears fell down on her cheeks. He was shocked when saw she’s crying. ‘Are you okay?’ he asked from his seat.

She wiped her tears with palms. ‘I have to go.’ She stood and walked away. She didn’t know where she found the strength to walk while she feeling so weak right now.

‘But, it still raining outside.’ He said.

She didn’t respond and keep walking to entrance door.

‘Wait!’ he said as he walked closer to her. She stopped. She didn’t know why she listened to him.

He handed umbrella to Jiyoung. ‘Use this.’

She shook and walked out. She’s crying and kept walking in the rain. Suddenly the rain stopped pouring on her place. She turned. A guy from convenience store held an umbrella for her.

‘Take this as a gift from me to heal your pain.’ He handed the umbrella to her.

She looked into his eyes. They had same eyes, I miss that eyes. I miss the way he looked at me.

‘I got to go. Take care.’ He said, softly. Then, he walked into heavy rain to the other block.

She stood in the middle of street with umbrella, burst into tears.  I miss you.

 

As Jongin walked out from kitchen with a cup of hot chocolate, he saw Chanyeol entered the house. ‘Why you so wet?’ he asked.

‘Can you at least get me a towel or anything? It’s so cold.’

Jongin threw the hanging towel on couch to him. ‘Where snacks I asked you to buy?’

‘I forgot. Sorry.’ He said as he dry his wet hair. ‘Something happened just now.’

‘What?’ Jongin sat on couch, television.

Chanyeol took off his hoodie and threw into laundry basket, ‘I met this one girl just now.’

‘So, you forgot my snacks because of girl? How dare you!’ he stared at Chanyeol.

‘Eh, I forgot bought my stuffs too. Chill.’ He said, ‘Listen to what I’m going to tell you.’ He took new t-shirt in his room and wearing it.

‘Go on.’ Jongin looked at screen television.

Chanyeol sat on couch. ‘I was smiling at her because she’s staring at me for too long. Then suddenly she cried. I don’t even know why. I feel like I’m hurting her.’

‘Then?’

‘Then, she walked out without umbrella. I didn’t know why I too concern about her. My heart keep telling me she needs your help! So I ran after her and gave her umbrella.’

‘You bring my umbrella right?’

Chanyeol nodded, ‘Yeah, why?’

‘So, you gave her my favorit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter