Heartbroken

I never knew!

Nowadays, I've heard rumours that Tiffany has a crush on a boy from another class. When I first overheard about the rumour I dismissed it almost immediately. I didn't want to believe that it was true. I liked her secretly and hope to tell her someday, and in my heart I wished she liked me back. The downside to me is that I always had hope, I would never believe something is true until I see it with my own eyes. I went through the day as per normal, avoiding as many strangers as I can and keeping to my own crowd, so that people don't notice me. I prefer to be alone. To swim in my own thoughts.

 

Then it happen,

 

"Ya, somebody saw her kissing that boy on the bridge"

 

"It's probably true that she likes him"

 

"I didn't know she was that desperate"

 

These gossips replayed through my mind. Why did she do it, in school. She could have done it outside when no one was looking.

 

Is she trying to tell everyone she's taken.

 

My eyes glisten at the thought.

 

My heart broken.

 

I didn't see it, but too many others did. How can I believe its  not true. Even the teachers looked liked they were uncomfortable.

 

Then recess was over.

 

Tiffany was crying.

 

"We are going to tell your parents about this"

 

"No , no please don't!"

 

"We have no choice"

 

Tiffany just continued crying. I wanted so much to hug her, to tell her that everything was going to be alright. That she was going to hug me back. That her hands were going to hold on tightly to mine as if she needed me.

 

But those were just my thoughts.

 

She just continued crying.

 

I couldn't get involve. I had a reputation. To be the loner in class, to not exist in anyone's eyes.

 

I had to keep it up.