Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Dominion of Love

After a hundred years after the use of a potent chemical which resulted in much chaos amongst people, the world was beginning to recover. The people who took themselves to take charge of healing humanity and the land they lived in called themselves the G7 forces. The organisation was initially made up of seven young ladies who had loathed to see the state the world had been in and vowed to make radical improvements to the world. Their successes had been slow at the start but ever since a particular incident four years ago in which they had crossed paths with another organisation, Black Mamba, the effects of change from G7 had been stunning. It turned out that Black Mamba had been harbouring important secrets for the downfall of humanity for nearly a century which had been the existence of the S101 gases.

The dates that was on the monitors reflected 15th of March, 2125. In the past four years, humanity was beginning to see hope after the great civil war that broke out more than a hundred of years ago had robbed the world of its former lustre. The great civil war was, revealed to be a consequence of a failed military experiment by a group of maniacal scientists in South Korea. In their attempt to create the world’s most patriotic soldiers and hence strongest troops, they had created a gas known as S101. Yet, the plan had backfired when the scientists had failed to anticipate the magnitude of the side effects of the drug which, used in the long run would breed strong hatred in the affected. Long plagued with ill-feelings and filled with little love for their politicians, S101 become the catalyst to put such feelings into actions.  

 The affected in turn created uprisings, one of such internal military uprising resulted in the leakage and release of the gas S101. Containment efforts had become futile as the number of affected was too massive. S101 quickly and eventually contaminated all lands and the world was ripped apart.

After the secret was exposed to the G7 forces, the organisation knew better what they were going to do and so much progress that it would seem that a revolution was around the corner. Additionally, they had gained themselves an important person to their organisation.  

“How is Hyomin?” Taeyeon asked. Despite being the eldest and the leader of G7, Taeyeon was often mistaken as the youngest member due to her youthful appearance. The leader was petite in size, with long wavy brown hair and large brown eyes.

“She is doing well.”

Hyomin is a pink-haired warrior whom they had rescued from the clutches of the leader of Black Mamba four years ago. Scarily, the leader who was determined to doom Hyomin was actually her twin. It was also discovered that Hyomin was created in a project known as S201. The project was understood to remedy the failed S101 experiment. Even though the creators had not left behind what S201 was to be used for, the G7 members believed that the curating factor was Hyomin’s blood. Despite having been exposed to extremely dangerous levels of S101 while she was being held captive by her sister, poor twin had only fallen into a comatose state, but her body had completely rejected the gases from affecting her body. In recent days however, the members seemed to also have other suggestions about Hyomin’s existence. All the G7 members, especially the leader, Taeyeon, the researcher, Tiffany and the former infiltrator, Yuri had been working seamlessly with the girl. 

“I wonder how she is able to keep up though, in the day she would be gathering forces together with us and at night we take her blood,” Hyoyeon said with a dramatic sigh.

“Don’t make it sound so sinister Hyoyeon. She is giving us blood for research and anyway we only take small samples of it every night. Seohyun is working on producing synthetic ones from Hyomin’s sample and when she succeeds in doing it, there will be no need for Hyomin to lend us her blood. With Tiffany leading the research, it will not take long,” Taeyeon, the leader of G7 lectured the brash girl.

It was then that the technologist turned researcher ran towards them holding a tiny vial and with her lab coat flapping behind her. The vial of liquid was pink and had the same viscosity as blood. The liquid was of the same shade of pink has Hyomin’s hair and that made it apparent what it was. The research for the synthetic blood was completed.

Behind her, another of their member, also clad in lab coat but in a wheelchair neared them coolly. Taeyeon found herself smiling when she saw the girl in the wheelchair and tried to erase that smile from her face when she realised it. Tiffany, who was in the wheelchair, had finally decided to put a stop to mopping about her disability and once again became of great help to G7. That emergency rescue mission they had pulled off with the chopper four years ago at Black Mamba seemed to have reignited the passion in her and helped her find new meaning to life.

The researcher in the wheelchair would have been slightly taller than Taeyeon if she were standing. Tiffany’s long hair was often pulled into a ponytail recently and that made her look serious at work. Also, her eyes which used to reflect cheerfulness and friendliness now appeared stern and hard. Dressed only in lab coat or plain colours, Tiffany also seemed to have discarded her fondness for colours. All these, Tiffany in a wheelchair, Tiffany being serious, Tiffany’s absence of joy and Tiffany’s loss of interest in colourful things made Taeyeon regretful.

Countless times, the leader wondered how she could brighten up Tiffany’s life and return it to its former gleam but she was too afraid to do anything. Unapproachable was an understatement to describe Tiffany when she was newly crippled. The former co-leader of G7 seemed more determined than anyone to avoid unnecessary human contact, especially with Taeyeon. It would have been a lie if Taeyeon had denied feeling hurt but no one asked and thus she kept it to herself. Feeling more helpless and useless in helping Tiffany as months and years went by, the leader then concentrated on leading the G7 forces to restore the world instead.

Over the past four years since they have retrieved Hyomin from that sinister cylinder that was filled with S101, G7 had made great advances in salvaging the world. It had been an arduous four-year journey for them having to relocate and rebuilt their bases. They now reside near the edge of the country previously known as Korea and boasted of numerous facilities. Their territory had grown so large that it was beginning to resemble a town by itself. Their main compound has eight stories, four aboveground and the other four under. The bottom three levels each had nearly a hundred rooms which were used living dormitories for both the members and nearly two thousand of their men. The rest of the organisation’s forces were housed in the eight peripheral buildings which have been built all around the main compound, two to the North, South, East and West. However, those that reside in G7 territories had not only consisted of their own men but other folks who had sought protection from them.

As such, the G7 forces had decided to increase their non-combatant jobs especially agricultural and water production. They now have over five agricultural facilities and a sophisticated water treatment plant.

Ever since G7 managed to restore numerous technology. They had not only amassed sufficient manpower but also knowledge of how to rebuild the world with the efforts of all the G7 members, Hyomin included.

“We have done it! We don’t need Hyomin now!” Seohyun spoke excitedly. The girl was to be credited with restoring the many lost technologies and now she had, together with Tiffany, dabbled themselves in scientific research.

“She means we don’t need to take blood from Hyomin anymore. Seohyun, we still need Hyomin, or rather, the world still needs her,” Tiffany corrected Seohyun as she motioned for the younger researcher to hand her the pink vial of liquid. The wheelchair-bound girl cautiously slipped the vial into her pocket.

“Be careful of your words, Seohyun. Hyomin is already one of us. It was owed to her that some of the people could enjoy the peace they have right now,” Taeyeon lectured, stealing a look at Tiffany. The leader’s eyes lingered a while longer on the researcher’s pocket where the vial of synthetic blood was kept.

“I still find it creepy how people would listen to her words and drop their swords so naturally,” Hyoyeon remarked, faking a shudder as she did so.

It was then Taeyeon saw the faintest of smiles on Tiffany’s face, the first smile she had seen in a very long time on the lead researcher’s face. No matter how slight Tiffany’s smile was, it was enough to make Taeyeon feel happy as well. “She was born with that talent, or more accurately speaking, she was created for that trait.” Tiffany’s eyes met the leader’s as she spoke but they were not smiling like they used to be. Taeyeon felt another pang of sadness and her thoughts veered slightly from their conversation. I really want to see her smile.

“Yes, Hyomin, the twin of love. The world knows about that already.” Hyoyeon shrugged in acknowledgement. No matter how numerous her complaints were, Hyoyeon was also fond of Hyomin. The G7 members even joked that Hyomin might be the only person who could subdue the reckless Hyoyeon.

 

**

A/N: 

Aye! Just realised that i would not have time to post any chapters over the weekends and so i edited this chapter in a rush. 

TaeNy... TaeNy... TaeNy... here and there :D actually it is more of a one-sided thing for taeyeon now :D

HEHEHE and TAENY really did admit that they are already like a married couple in real-life xD wew!

/coughs/ okay... Hyomin is only mentioned in this chapter and Sunny isn't even mentioned /coughs/ don't kill me sunbyung shippers xD

I will try to make haste with editing xD

Okay... now the usual... thank you for the subscribes, comments and upvotes xD

Hope that you guys had a pleasant read and a pleasant wait xP i kid...

Seeya!