Lollipops and Ferris Wheel

Under the Snowflakes

     That was a long time ago, back when you were still little kids and went to the same school. You were walking with your friend when you heard two boys fighting on the field.

*Flashback*

     "No! I won the game! You just cheated!," the small blonde wide-eyed boy shouted.

     "I don't cheat! I Never. YOU cheated!" the other boy with hazel eyes shouted back as he pushed the other boy.

     "Hey! Don't do that!" the other snapped back and pushed him too.

     Little Donghae fell down as Eunhyuk apologized and just ran away, leaving the other boy bursting into tears.

 

 

     "Hey! Are you even listening?!" your friend said, pouting.

     "Sorry. I just saw our classmates fighting"

     "Oh, Donghae and Eunhyuk? They're good friends like us cheeky

 

     After classes you saw the same kid on one of the table at the canteen, frowning like the whole world betrayed him. You approached him as you noticed his eyes still red from crying.

 

     "Are you Donghae?" you asked him who looked like his mother left him inside a mall and got lost.

     "Who are you? Go away!" he shooed you away.

 

     You grabbed a lollipop from your backpack, placed it on the table and left.

 

     "Hey, what's this for? Why are you giving me this? I don't want it!" he asked confusingly.

     "Eat it. It'll make you feel better," you smiled and tucked out your tongue. Then awved goodbye.

*End of flashback*

 

     Donghae looked at his watch and grabbed your wrist.

     "Wait, where are we going?" you asked.

     He did not respond. Instead, he continued dragging you to someplace only he knows. You're left with nothing to do but trail behind him.

     Later on you realized that he's taking you to a place with a lot of street foods. The two of you eat non-stop 'til your sotmachs reached its limit. Lastly, he dragged you to ride a ferris wheel.

 

 Why would he want to ride a ferris wheel? Anyway, let's go!

 

     "If you want to get a better look of the city, just ride a ferris wheel. Things looked so complicated down there but the world looks different from up here. It looks so...peaceful," he said in a serious tone.

 

     I never thought that this childish guy would have such idea.

 

     But he was right. You can see everything from here. Everything seems to fall into place. All the people buying gifts with smiles on their faces and those who are already starting to go home.

     The lights are slowly fading, being turned off one by one. It's past 10pm and the stores are already closing. You looked up and finally get to see the stars. Each one trying to outshine the other. You can't explain why but you just love looking at the sky, either it's day or night.  At the corner of your eye you saw Hae looking at you.

     No, not looking. More like studying your features. Your moves does nothing too him but fascination, amusement. Sigh. He's drowned in his own thoughts again. All stores are closed as you finished your ride in the ferris wheel. Only the streetlights are left open to light up the road. You two are walking in silence so you decided to finally break it.

 

     "You were so serious awhile ago, is something wrong?" you said with curiousity.

     "Hmmmm... nothing, I just find you cute," he laughed and pinched your chubby cheeks.

 

     This guy. SERIOUSLY. You felt your cheeks turn red and your heart beat twice faster than its normal rate. You looked down to hide your flushed face. He had told you those words a lot of times already but e never fails to make you blush.

     You then felt something warm clutched your cold hands. You realized that it's not just something, it's his hand. He intertwined his fingers with yours and held it tightly.