Cold evening, cold Christmas

Under the Snowflakes

From: Hae~ :3

           I'm sorry, I really am.

 

"I'm sorry," you said mockingly as you reread his text message to you for like 10 times already.

     You two were supposed to go out this evening but Mr. Lee Donghae here, told you he couldn't come because an emergency came up. You didn't even ask what was the emergency all about. Too pissed at the fact that he's not coming with you.

 

     What's the use of planning things ahead of time?!

 

     You have set this date since last week. And at the last minute, he cancelled it in just a blink of an eye. The 'emergency' ended it all.

     "How could he?!," you said under gritted teeth, your forehead creasing. 

     Still, you went out all by yourself. Hoping that the view outside would at least calm you down. This is what you're supposed to be doing anyway, it's just that he's not with you. You'd like to take a look at the streets and feel it's cold breeze.

     A wind brushed your cheeks, your hair moving along with it, as soon as you set your foot out of your house. The chilly breeze sent shivers down your spine. You find yourself adjusting the scarf you're wearing.

     With sparkling eyes, you gaze out at the streets, seeing its beauty. The Christmas trees, the different sizes of dancing Santas, and the Christmas lights that seemed to be dancing along the song playing in one of the stores.

 

     I keep on feeling everytime

     Kokoro min wa kimi gairu

     Baby don't cry it's all right now

     Futari dei taiyo

 

     Aside from the breathtaking view in front of your eyes, that music you just heard calmed you down. No wonder the lady inside the store is so cheerful and happy. You smiled at the thought of it and continued walking. Moving on, you bumped into a little kid holding a big-rounded lollipop.

 

     "Oh, I'm truly sorry about that," you said, checking if you hurt the kid.

     "No, it's okay. I was the one at fault so I'm giving you this," he reached out his lollipop at you. You remained standing, dumbfounded at the irony of the moment.

 

     I just bumped into this kid and out of the blue he offers me his sweet lollipop?! What's happening?!

 

     The little boy noticed the shock showing in your face. So he said..

     "Don't worry, I haven't touched this one yet. No poison in there or anything, so it's safe to eat. Besides, I still have one for me," he winked, grabbed your hand to take a hold of the lollipop and ran away.

 

     Oh well  ^^  you tell yourself. I love lollipop, why would I resist? What a nice kid though.

 

     "Thanks!" you shouted, though you know thanking the little boy was a bit too late already.

     You went on taking in on every bit of beauty you are witnessing right now. You found your feet dragging you to the park. Feeling the pain from your feet, you realized how much walking you've done this early evening. And so you decided to take a seat on one bench. You sighed and saw puff of smokes formed in front of your face. Once more, you take a look at the streets. Cold white matter covering the road and roofs of the stores, the Christmas decorations, and the smiling faces of everybody.

 

     Everybody seems to be having a good time, eh?

 

     A feeling of sadness rushed through you, remembering the reason why you are out here in this beautiful evening all by yourself. You felt a sinking feeling inside your heart.

 

     Why do I have to be alone in this perfect night?

     Have I been a bad girl this year, Santa?

     The night, this night, could've been better if I wasn't alone