Santa, I hate you

The Christmas Disaster!

"Yoona, your face spells trouble," I remarked warningly.

My best friend, Im Yoona, giggled sneakily. The huge, goofy grin on her face made a chill run down my spine. Whenever she had that face on, I knew that she was gonna cause some mischief. Like the time in high school, when I listened to her advice and ended up falling face first into the sticky mud. Or when she gave me a jellybean and I found out it was urine flavored. Ugh.

"It's not trouble, this time, Seo!" She exclaimed. "It's good news!"

I scowled. "Good news? Your definition of good news is always twisted, Yoong."

She pouted. "I'm not joking this time! It's real good news! On Christmas, you won't be alone, Seororo! There's a guy I know named Jung Jinwoon that would like to have dinner with you on that day! Know what this means!?"

"Uh, he's single too?" I offered lamely.

"No, babo!" Yoona groaned. "It's a DATE. He's interested in you, Seo! I showed him your pictures and he was totally captivated!"

I paused for a second, glancing up at her for the first time since she'd came to my apartment. The guy was interested in me? Captivated by me even? Ha, fat chance.

"I bet he's hairy, smelly, overweight, and rude," I laughed. "You know how bad luck always strikes when Christmas comes for me. Like the time when I broke my leg or when sunbae rejected my confession."

Yoona frowned sharply. "He's y. Trust me, he's got a six pack. And he's the most sweetest guy I've ever met. This isn't a scam. He wants to meet you at 5:30 at Soshi Restaurant near Hajung street."

I nibbled on my lip thoughtfully. It didn't sound bad. I would get treated to dinner at a fancy restaurant and the guy seemed great, according to Yoona. It was better than just laying around alone at home while Yoona was out with her boyfriend. Who knows, maybe my Christmas would be worth it this year.

"Alright, I'll meet him," I agreed.

Yoona's eyes glittered with excitement. "Yes! You won't regret it, Seo!"

I smiled. "Yeah, yeah, maybe I'll finally get rid of my single status."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day

"Argh, just come in already!" Yoona yelled, dragging me by the elbow into the dress shop. She had insisted on buying me a brand new dress for my date with Jinhyuk or whatever his name was. Apparently, she was good friends with the owner and they'd give me a special discount.

"Yuri-unnie!" Yoona giggled, hugging a tall, tan woman with a body that I couldn't help but envy.

"Yoona! Glad to see you here again," The woman, Yuri, laughed joyfully. "So, is this your cute friend?"

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "Nice to meet you, Yuri-sshi! My name is Seohyun!"

"Don't be so formal! Just call me unnie! Yoona's friends are my friends!" Yuri replied cheerfully. "So, I see that we're here to find a dress for that lovely, little lady."

"Yup. She's having a date on Christmas at Soshi restaurant," Yoona explained.

"Ooh, I'm jealous. My husband never has the time to take me to such extravagant places. He'll be busy on a business trip during Christmas too," Yuri sighed.

She walked swiftly to the rack of colorful dresses and picked out a light pink/white dress, holding it up against me. [a/n: her dress is the one that she has on in my background pic]

"I think this would look cute on you, Seohyun. It's simple, but I think simple is best for you," Yuri explained with a pleased smile. "The dressing room is up ahead, so why don't you go try it on?"

I tentatively walked into the dressing room, taking off my jacket and jeans. The dress was pretty.Too pretty for me to wear. It didn't seem like such a dress would fit someone like me.

I pulled the dress onto my body and walked outside. As Yoona and Yuri both stared me up and down, I felt my palms grow sweaty and my heartbeat race nervously.

"H-How is it?" I stuttered.

Yoona broke out into a grin. "You look FABULOUS, Seo! I knew that it was right to bring you to Yuri-unnie's! Jiwoon will be mesmerized by you right away!"

"I couldn't agree more with Yoona. Sweetie, I think this is the first time I've been this satisfied," Yuri giggled playfully.

I smiled gratefully, almost feeling tears well up in my eyes. I always felt plain and boring, so being showered with these wonderful compliments made a surge of happiness flood into my lungs.

"Thank you so much, both of you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to: Christmas Day: 5:25 PM

I let out a shaky breath, finally entering the restaurant. I had been waiting in my car for a whole hour. I hadn't planned to arrive that early, but I was so nervous and jittery. Unlike the experienced Yoona, I was a complete amateur when it came to dates. I hoped that he wouldn't be disappointed when he saw me. Maybe he'd think, 'oh, she's not that pretty' or even 'ew, she's ugly.'

When I entered the restaurant, the waiter led me to my date, Jinwoon (I remembered his name!), who was waiting there for me. Looks like Yoona wasn't lying at all when she said he was handsome. He had an adorable eye-smile and his body was built firmly. He seemed generally friendly, even pulling out my chair for me.

"I'm sorry if I was late," I mumbled in embarrassment, trying to hide my red cheeks.

He laughed. "No, you weren't late, Seohyun-sshi. I just came a bit early. I was nervous, you know, about meeting you."

I giggled. "Haha, nervous for me? You shouldn't be. I was probably more nervous. When Yoona described you, I didn't think that you'd be this sweet and cute."

"Oh, quite the sweet talker, aren't we?" Jinwoon teased. "You flatter me, Seohyun-sshi. I'm honored that I can have this evening with such a gorgeous lady like you."

Though he was pretty cheesy with his words, he seemed nice. A relationship with him Icould actually work, since it seemed that we had good chemistry.

After eating, he offered to take me home, but I declined politely.

"My apartment is really close and I brought my car," I chirped brightly.

"Well then, before you go, there's something I'd like to do," Jinwoon said, a sly smile on his face. I blinked in confusion, as he swooped in and kissed my cheek softly. It was only for a split second, but I felt my cheeks heat up for the one hundredth time that day.

"Have a safe trip home, Seohyun-sshi," He said, waving. Was that a faint blush on his cheeks as well?

I climbed into my car, a giddy smile on my face. This year, Christmas was wonderful. I guess bad luck had finally faded from my life.

NOT.

I was welcomed with an unwanted surprise when I arrived at my apartment. Here I was, completely satisfied with my day, when I got home and saw a man that I didn't know in my apartment.

And not only did I not know him, but he was and had a knife in his hand.

I screamed bloody murder and grabbed the bat I kept in the corner of my room just in case a ert (like him) broke into my house.

"Who the hell are you!? What are you doing here? I'll call the police!" I shrieked, struggling to avert my eyes from his body. He was pretty built, BUT THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE POINT.

"Calm down! I'll explain everything to you if you put that bat down!" He hissed. The nerve of this guy! How could I calm down in the presence of a stranger? He should be the one putting his clothes back on and getting the hell outta here!

"You have five seconds to get out of here before I take this bat and chuck it at your head!" I snapped fiercely. He didn't budge and simply stared at me, with his hands on his hips.

I let out a ear piercing scream that would probably wake up some of my neighbors and get them to call the cops. Alarmed, he galloped over to me and pressed his lips against mine, to silence me probably. It didn't matter what the reason was because I wouldn't accept it. It was absurd to kiss someone you'd just met.

I struggled to get out of his grasp, punching at his chest. It was painfully uneffective.

Dear, Santa. Thank you so damn much for gifting me with my yearly bad luck. Right when I believed that Christmas was gonna be great, you ruined it all for me. Looks like you and I will never get along.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, how was it? Good? Bad? Comments are very much appreciated, whether they're positive or negative. :) Thanks so much for reading!