Epilogue: 7 years later

2+2=Fish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, class. You have your weekly question due in my box first thing after the break."

 

The students directed their eyes to the board. Eyebrows rose, cheeks were bitten, and furtive glances were passed around. The room went silent.

 

What kind of a response did the teacher expect to the equation "2+2=?" that wasn't the number 4?

 

#

 

Black boots clacked against the walkway as he came to a stop before the bridge that looked out over the sea. In loosening his tie, he set his briefcase down next to him.

 

His phone vibrated. Biting back a smirk, he pulled the device from his trouser pocket and without checking to see who was calling, brought the speaker up to his mouth. "Hello, beautiful."

 

"Don't beautiful me, Youngjae!"

 

The smirk that erupted over his face was accompanied by a low chortle. The wind breezed by. He ran a hand through his black hair. "Yikes. Who made you angry?"

 

The sea stretched out before him like a tarpaulin whose surface would never rupture. No matter where Youngjae had settled these past few years, never once had he strayed far from the ocean.

 

"The answer is clearly you! Where ARE YOU!?"

 

"Still home."

 

Yezi whined. "Have you forgotten what day tomorrow is?"

 

"Yezi, when have I ever disappointed you?"

 

There was a pause followed by a sigh on Yezi's side. "You haven't. Ever. That's the thing. I'm finding it harder to scold you as I grow up."

 

"Aww. My little bunyin is growing up." He made smooching sounds into the phone.

 

Yezi groaned. "Stop, stop it. You'll make me puke over my cup of coffee."

 

Youngjae burst into laughter. Who would have thought Yezi would have grown t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter