#҉ ҉2҉. ҉4҉

2+2=Fish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaebum, I don't want you going on this trip if you're feeling unwell," Youngjae said as he took inventory of the winter gear at his feet. So far, the only things missing were snow goggles for the both of them and a pair of fur-lined boots for Jaebum.

"I want to go. And I'll be good. I promise." Jaebum was playing with JunJun on the couch. All Youngjae could see was his back and booty. He shook his head as he turned to rummage through the other hulking bag. Inside was nothing but the clothes he had grown out of as a teenager. Back before he had moved into this house, he had promised himself to reuse the clothes but in the eight years since that promise, he had yet to make a dent into the medium-sized collection.

"Why don't you replace that bag?" Jaebum asked. The hairs on the back of Youngjae's neck stood up. He jolted forward. JunJun barked. "There's too many holes."

"D-don't do that."

Jaebum tilted his head to the side. "Do what?"

"Don't play dumb with me. You know... Sneaking up on me. Don't do that."

Jaebum ducked his head. "You're right... I have to ask. May I touch you?"

A wave of heat crashed over Youngjae's face. "A-a-absolutely not." He busied himself with the clothes at his feet to hide his embarrassment.

Jaebum pouted. He crashed onto the floor. Youngjae turned to see what the commotion was about.

Jaebum held JunJun up over his face. "I love you," he said in an overly saccharine voice. Youngjae felt his heart skip a beat.

He than switched over to a deeper voice. "Ahem." A string of exaggerated coughs followed suite. Junjun turned his head to try to nip at his captor.

"That's right,"—Jaebum lowered Junjun until he could see his sprite's flustered appearance—"We love you."

Youngjae rolled his eyes. Before he could let Jaebum see his smile, he returned to the task at hand.

Jaebum turned away from Youngjae with a frown. He was about to slide forward when Youngjae shot to his feet and swung a stack of shirts at his face.

Jaebum's grin flourished. He set JunJun down and ran straight for Youngjae who didn't even have time to sidestep. Jaebum's head slammed into his side. Youngjae braced himself for the fall but it never happened.

When he cracked his eyes open, Jaebum was looking up at him from the floor. His right hand encircled his waist. Youngjae blushed. "What are you doing?" He pushed on Jaebum's chest to help himself up but Jaebum held on tight to his wrist. The sultry look full of wanton desire disappeared as a cheeky grin took control of his facial features. "I learned this trick from a drama. Good thing it worked." Jaebum reached out to brush a finger through Youngjae's hair but JunJun stepped on his face before he could.

"JunJun!" Jaebum yelled in between fits of laughter.

Youngjae took the chance to escape. "I hope he pees on you."

On his way to the foyer, Youngjae placed the tips of his fingers to his lips and wondered if he had made any strange noises. He had been so preoccupied with the thought of not farting that he couldn't have paid any more attention to the other aspects of his body.

He reached up to copy Jaebum's foiled attempt at being romantic. A shiver ran up his neck. He sighed. His ears still felt hot to the touch and the beating of his heart was barely just beginning to slow.

"If you want to come, you'll need some things to keep you warm, " Youngjae mumbled. "And,"—he flicked his hand around to signal his indifference—"I'm not waiting for you."

The sound of JunJun's paws pitter-pattering after a pair of dashing feet filled the space. The bathroom door slammed shut. Moments later, JunJun appeared at Youngjae's side. He pawed at the zipper on his track jacket. Youngjae smiled softly. "If you want, I can leave him behind at the mall."

Junjun sank down to all fours and whined as he brushed his paw over his ear and eye.

Youngjae chortled. "You're right. I shouldn't do that."

#

"Can't we buy the things you're looking for in town?"

"We can but then I'd be without money and the last I checked, I have a cute puppy to care for." Youngjae finished untangling his earbuds. He slipped one into his ear.

"Can I be the king? So I can care for my prince."

"You're embarrassing." After a moment of silence, he added on, "Kings weren't allowed to date princes."

Jaebum turned in his seat. Youngjae gripped his phone. Why was he suddenly so nervous?

Jaebum brought his face up close to Youngjae's. What was Jaebum doing? Why was he so close? Youngjae couldn't quiet the roar of thoughts in his head.

Jaebum stopped just before his forehead could touch Youngjae's. He took his sprite's pinky in his own before looking up at him through his dark lashes. "Than let me be a pauper so that we can be on equal footing."

The bus lurched to a stop. Youngjae pulled away. The doors opened and a very familiar young lady stepped onto the bus. "Jaebum!" she shouted as soon as she spotted him. Jaebum waved. She beamed.

After paying, she practically ripped a trail through the metal floor in her haste to get to Jaebum. When she was but a few paces from him, she acted like she had just seen Youngjae. "Fancy seeing you outside of school."

"We don't see each other in school."

She slid in next to Jaebum who closed his legs and pressed his back up against the seat to make room for her. Youngjae rolled his eyes.

"So where are you guys headed?" She leaned in, the few loose strands of her messy bun curling over onto Jaebum's shoulder.

"Somewhe—"

"The mall!"

"What!? Me, too!" Eunji's knee pressed up against the side of Jaebum's leg. Youngjae's chest tightened.

"Wait. Speaking of which, are you letting Jaebum come on the trip, Youngjae?"

Youngjae scoffed. "You're asking me like he's my pet."

"But wouldn't you like that?"

Youngjae flicked his gaze to Eunji. Her venomous stare melted as soon as Jaebum turned to look at her.

"I can be whatever he wants me to be but maybe you shouldn't say that, Eunji." Jaebum whispered.

Eunji harumphed. "Fine. Only because you say so."

Youngjae hadn't heard that last tidbit as he was too busy mulling over Eunji's intentions. What was she pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter