Chapter 8

The Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He wants me and not her”

“He wants me and not her”

You shook your head as you can’t concentrate on what you are reading. You sighed and closed your book. You kept on thinking..why you feel sad or hurt when you heard accidentally what Naeun said.

“Do I like him?” You shook your head figurously. You whispered to yourself. “Impossible. Maybe.. I like him as a companion? Or a friend?..

 

Yeah..

Friend..”

 

 

You kept on poking your food. You can’t eat properly as they discussed your arranged marriage with Baekhyun. And out of all days.. today is Mark’s birthday. You frowned as you thought that you were supposed to be with him today and not with your soon-to-be-in laws..

Your dad glanced at you and asked “Are you okay? Why are you not eating?”
You bit your lip and stood up quitely “Dad and Mr. Byun, can you excuse me for a while?”
Baekhyun looked at you.
“Go ahead. Just take your time.” Mr.Byun nodded and smiled at you. You smiled back.


You stepped outside the restaurant and walked towards the mini bridge with an ovelooking pond. You took your phone and dialed Mark’s number. You sighed for the nth time when he didn’t answer your calls. You rubbed your arms when there was a chill breeze that pass along your way. Someone tapped your shoulder slightly..

You turned around and your eyes widened a little bit. 
He offered his coat and cleared his throat “Here. You can use it.”
You were stunned. You blinked and shook your head “No.. It.. It’s okay.”
His face scrunched up and puffed his cheeks “No. It’s not okay. Your voice said it all and your cold.”
He put his coat at your back. Your eyes widened.
He chuckled as he saw your shocked face “I know that we met in a bad time. I’m here to introduce myself to you again. I’m Byun Baekhyun.”
He offered his hand at you. In return, you held out your hand slowly and shook his hand “I’m Lee Yeeun”
He smiled “I finally met you.. fiancé”
Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter