Angel

EXO -Drabbles & Oneshots {Collection}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10. Angel

chanbaek / Doctor !au / 1.8k

In which while bowling chanyeol sprained his wrist and had to immediately rush to a hospital where his doctor is a very cute and good looking guy. He starts flirting and wouldn't let him loose. To bad though that Dr Byun Baekhyun is already married.

 

 

Chanyeol can’t believe his bad luck. All he wanted was a relaxed evening with his friends. “Friends” he snorts loud at the thought; friends who might still be messing around the bowling alley.

Junmyeon is currently driving him to the nearby hospital. “Why” you may ask. Because chanyeol, like the clumsy person he is, slipped while bowling and sprained his wrist. It’s a relief it was not his dominant hand. But the pain he is experiencing right now is a complete . In his favour though, the floor was wet. Someone actually dropped their drink and the cleaning staff failed to clear it on time.

 

Just his bad luck, chanyeol whines.

 

And the incompetence of the staff was the reason his friends created an utter chaos, the moment chanyeol dropped on the floor screaming in pain. It’s not something he wants to really complain about, because in a way they were fighting for him. But, probably, it was not good timing because he was still writhing in pain on the floor, nursing his injured wrist close to his chest; while all his friends kept screaming at the staff.

It was only Junmyeon, who had a presence of mind and quickly shuffled chanyeol to his car and now here they were.

 

As soon as they reach the hospital, junmyeon goes into his mother hen state and it takes the nurses 10 minutes to wrench him away from Chanyeol.

 

Once Chanyeol is successfully seated ALONE in the orthopedic ward; a boy, in a white lab coat, not much younger than chanyeol himself enters the room with a pleasant smile on his face. It quickly calms down chanyeol nerves to see that he is now in good hands. But still the pain is not even remotely residing. Upon hearing the patient hissing in pain, the boy shuffles towards him and starts examining his wrist. He asks few questions and marks the checklist he was carrying when he entered based on what Chanyeol answers him.

 

Chanyeol was about to ask him how bad it is, when the door to the ward opens and in enters - How can chanyeol describe the person - he doesn’t know.

Is he an angel??

Did he hit his head as well??

He does not remember any pain in his head though. But then what will explain this that he is seeing. Feels like a hallucination or a very very beautiful dream.

 

He is brought back to reality, when the boy loudly greets the person - angel? - who just entered. What chanyeol failed to notice or probably his brain failed to process was the fact how the person was also wearing a lab coat and was probably a resident here.

 

“Oh, Dr Byun, you are here?” the boy hops down from the stool he was sitting on and moves to stand beside the newcomer - Who is a Doctor and his name(surname?) is Byun.

 

Cute. Chanyeol thinks.

 

“What do we have here, Taeyong?” Dr Byun asks the boy as he takes the form and glances at the readings.

 

“Oh, Doc, he has Grade II wrist sprain. There Is swelling around his left wrist and i think it will swell a little more. The patient informed of severe pain that intensifies on movement. I think he tore his ligament. There seems to not be a fracture.”

Taeyong finishes his recital of conclusion from initial examination with a smile. Like a happy student who did good in his test. The nod and little hmm of affirmation from the Dr Byun make him grin from ear to ear.

 

As the Doc continues to read, Taeyong shuffles towards Chanyeol and whispers in a low tone.

“He is Dr Byun. He is the best doctor we have here. You are in good hands; don’t worry.” Chanyeol smiles but never lifts his gaze from the said doctor.

“And oh, by the way, I am Taeyong; I am an intern here.”

 

Before Chanyeol could respond; probably with his name, which he already told the boy - intern - earlier, Dr Byun steps closer to him for an examination. Chanyeol thinks he has stopped breathing; Dr Byun looks even more angelic up close. And the moment Doc cradles his injured wrist in his soft hands, Chanyeol’s heartbeat skyrocket

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter