Chapter 15

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

In the holy awaited day off on the weekend, the couple had only lazily lied down in the bed after moving in together in the flat last week. Soojung had become more affordable in buying her own house unit in the apartment and shared one quarter of the payment was from Mijoo’s income. The latter post graduation had become full time model and shot several commercials, therefore she wasn’t as left behind when it came to stable career.

The elder of the two was engrossed in checking out photos in her cameras and editing them in her own laptop, leaving Mijoo bored playing alone. Tilting to the petite girl beside her, she pouted seeing how busy Soojung was with her jobs.

“Soojungie…” she started to call with her annoying cutesy voice.

“Hmm…” Soojung hummed but still wasn’t looking at her girlfriend.

“I’m bored. Play with me,” Mijoo requested with her overly high pitched voice, in hope her aegyo would work on her girlfriend, but unfortunately Soojung wasn’t responding to her plead. Mijoo rolled her eyes at the lack of response from Soojung and rose on her feet. She then moved to the speaker, turning it on and played a random song in her mp3 playlist.

Walking back to the bed, she sat on the soft pink purplish colored bedsheet and pulled Soojung’s hand. “Unnie, dance with me!” she asked in demanding tone but the elder wasn’t going to budge. Instead of complying, Soojung pushed Mijoo’s hand off hers and told her away.

“Go and play by yourself!” she said in a monotone that wasn’t bit close to intimidating to Mijoo. The younger scooted closer to her girlfriend with pouted lips. “Oh come on baby,” she showed her face before Soojung with cheeky grin.

“Who’s your baby?” the elder snapped that didn’t sound like a snap. A light giggle came out from Mijoo’s mouth. “You really have no soul, you know that?” she mocked and playfully pinched the elder’s cheek. Soojung twitched her nose at the touch but hadn’t moved her eyes away from the laptop screen still.

It was really funny how Soojung didn’t show any reaction despite her playful tease. Mijoo was desperate of the elder’s attention and rolling on the bed. “Aigoo my baby’s soul is missing, someone please find it for her sake!” she began to be dramatic and whined in the bed. The corner of Soojung’s lips twitched creeping into a smile that she couldn’t hold back. Her girlfriend could really be out of control sometimes.

Maybe not, all the time was more accurate.

“My baby soul… oh please come back and save my poor baby soul…” Mijoo was singing randomly and out of pitch with her hands floated in the air, pointing to the ceiling. “Poor baby soul… baby s-“

She suddenly stopped singing unconsciously making Soojung wondering as well. A bulb of light suddenly appeared above her head with bright blink. Mijoo began hysterically laughing and smirking while raising her body to sit. “I have a new nickname for you!”

Soojung’s brows knitted while waiting for Mijoo to speak up more. “I’m going to call you baby soul from now on!”

“EW!” Soojung immediately grimaced. “It’s so cringe worthy. You gotta have chosen a decent nickname!” she strongly disagreed and finally turning to look at Mijoo. The latter laughed at her overreaction.

“WHY? I think it’s pretty decent!” Mijoo said and laughed back afterwards.

“NO WAY! I prefer pumpkin soul! What the heck is a baby soul?” Soojung argued again and stared at her girlfriend ridiculously. Mijoo wouldn’t stop laughing that it started to annoy her.

“Baby soul~” Mijoo ignored her girlfriend’s rage and sang her new nickname to annoy her more. The scene was getting hilarious instead of off putting, thus Soojung began to crack up in a small laugh as well.

“Don’t laugh!” she warned with her point finger directed at Mijoo’s face while her voice was obviously hinting she was laughing. The younger wasn’t eating the warning and continued in a laughing fit. Soojung tackled Mijoo to lie down and hovered on top of her.

“I said don’t laugh,” she repeated and cracking away. Mijoo raised her eyebrows playfully and provoked her girlfriend. “Baby soul…” she called with cheeky grin.

Having no choice but to have revenge and seal the younger’s foul lips, Soojung pressed her lips on Mijoo’s, taking the latter by surprise. Succeeding with her plan, she repeated her action and Mijoo had really shut up for real this time.

All the time was an overstatement. Mijoo was out of Soojung’s control only most of the time.

*
*

Meeting high school friends again felt so exciting except that she had to face her ex again. Since she had promised Soojung not to be out too late, Mijoo guessed she didn’t have to see Sungjae that long. Upon arriving at the reunion venue, Mijoo was welcomed like a big star when she received big hands from her peers.

“Oh my, Mijoo never failed to be so gorgeous”

“As expected, yeoshin (goddess) Lee Mijoo”

“Wow, Mijoo you looked so fantastic”

Every compliment she got that night Mijoo replied thanks with wide grin on her face. It was well known among her friends that Mijoo was a famous model in the industry. She got tons of make ups commercials, be the clothing brands model and also had her own share of 5 minutes long beer commercial with actors.

Unfortunately, the only available seat left for her was across Sungjae, much to her annoyance. Nevertheless living up to her professionalism, Mijoo complied to sit down there beside her good friend in school.

It was surprising that Mijoo showed up with that elegant dress, compared to the other friends who only wore pretty much casually, one of them pointed out. Mijoo simply answered it wasn’t because she wanted to show off, but she actually came straight from her schedule and had no time to change outfit, partly true only leaving out she met Soojung first before coming there.

She literally ignored Sungjae’s existence before her who’s staring with intense gaze. One of her former male classmates had to bring up his name and complimented Sungjae’s career was just as good and not much left behind, irking Mijoo.

“I wonder why you guys broke up. You were such an ideal couple back in school before!” that same friend said again, purposely talking about the past that Mijoo wanted to bury. But there was nothing much she could do.

“We didn’t break up. She dumped me!” Sungjae replied with a smug smile plastered on his face, cockily raising an eyebrow at her. “I wonder why too,” he added. Mijoo clenched her teeth irritated.

His good friend seated beside him put a hand on the shoulder. He said it was unfortunate they broke up, but Sungjae had to let it go and not held any sort of grudge against Mijoo. Sungjae shook his head. “You don’t get it, Jaeseok. I was dumped for no reason!” he retorted.

“Hey hey,” a female friend interrupted. “Let’s not talk about this anymore. Mijoo is dating someone else right now,” she said initiatively ending the topic they were talking about. She knew Mijoo was uncomfortable with the talk as well.

“I always knew Mijoo was into girls aside from Sungjae. But I had no idea this one would stay this long. I heard you dated your girlfriend since your second semester,” another friend spoke up more, annoyed Sungjae in the process.

“I love her and it will stay that way forever,” Mijoo replied and claimed firmly. There was no one else for Mijoo than Soojung. “But Sungjae, I didn’t dump you for no reason,” she continued, rising the previous topic back up.

“You cheated on me with a junior, did you forget that?” Mijoo went on provoking Sungjae slowly.

“What kind of bull are you saying?” he retorted and his face obviously showed his anger. Mijoo smirked at his reaction. “I saw you kissed,” she added and Sungjae’s jaw dropped at the accusation.

“W-what? No I neve-“

He was cut off when Jaeseok held him down on the shoulder and sooth him. “Cut it out Sungjae, we’re in the public!” he said. Sungjae looked away in a huff and clenched his teeth. Succeeding in shutting Sungjae’s mouth from throwing his tantrum, Jaeseok proceeded to ask Mijoo.

“Why didn’t you bring your girlfriend along? We’d love to see her, the one who had won our fantastic Mijoo’s heart,” he said. Mijoo chuckled at his word of describing her. “I’d like her to come and sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter