Chapter 14

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

From first awkward encounter, Mijoo was already so attracted to the petite girl she believed to be a photographic major. Hearing her cute speaking up for herself from Mijoo had the latter squealed internally. Unfortunately, they last met there and didn’t end goodly.

Mijoo’s roommate Jisoo happened to be in probably the same major as the mysterious girl so she asked for help. “Do you happen to know a junior with short height and a mole near in your major?”

Talking about short height and the significant mole in the girl’s face reminded Jisoo of certain someone, but she believed it wasn’t someone Mijoo mentioned about since the latter definitely mentioned the word junior, so Jisoo simply shook her head with a no.

Disappointed, Mijoo almost gave up in finding the cute, petite girl until she saw her again at the festival fashion show. She saw with her own eyes, the same girl she was looking for was right in front of the stage taking photos of her. Their eyes event met each other and their gaze was intense.

As soon as the showcase ended, Mijoo ran to find her roommate Jisoo who also attended the festival and reported in between catching her breath. “I-I saw t-that g-girl I was l-looking for.”

When Mijoo pointed her finger towards the girl who’s wandering for a drink, Jisoo gaped in bewilderment. “B-but Mijoo, she’s not a junior. In fact, this is her fourth year in this college!”

The fact Jisoo just informed her had Mijoo almost collapsed. That girl definitely aged backward as her baby faced and cute height appeared much younger than her real age. Nevertheless Mijoo forced Jisoo to approach that senior so the latter would know Mijoo was very interested in her.

Second meeting led to another and after ensuring herself that Soojung liked Mijoo the same way, she asked her out for official date. It wasn’t that hard although Soojung appeared so shy at first. Mijoo’s bold nature what kept their relationship grew stronger and fell deeper in love.

First kiss and skinship – all felt natural as Mijoo was so experienced and able to lead Soojung. The elder’s hobby of taking photos had become part of Mijoo’s daily routine as well. And since then, model Mijoo had become Soojung’s inspiration for aesthetic pictures.

Feeling sorry for the single Jisoo, Soojung introduced Jiae to her and the four of them patched up together more after that. Soon after, Soojung had found a new family that was Mijoo’s parents and her sister, Myungeun. They all treated and welcomed Soojung warmly, the girl overwhelmed with happiness.

It wasn’t long after their relationship blossomed they found each other in bed of Mijoo’s dorm with Jisoo went out on a date with Jiae herself. Bed dipped down as their bodies without clothes pressed on one another in wet love making.

Soojung hit her last year in college, Mijoo found it hard to let her girlfriend graduated first. The photographic major had been occupied with her internship, Mijoo was left feeling lonely. With that Mijoo’s ex boyfriend came back into the picture, begging for her love.

“I’m not going back to you, Kim Sungjae. I belong to Soojung and it will stay that way until I die,” she firmly claimed in attempt to chase the boy away from her life. In some way, Soojung found out about the former couple often meet up (most likely Sungjae stalked Mijoo around), she and Mijoo fought, the elder definitely couldn’t stand her girlfriend met an ex behind her back. In the end, Mijoo understood her point and relented, they were back in good term after a few rounds of .

Post Soojung’s internship, she found a new favorite date spot with Mijoo in a café at Itaewon (the same she went with Jihyo). Favorite drinks and desserts all an outcome from visiting that café. On Soojung’s birthday, Mijoo had a special gift for the elder. A cute Hello Kitty Polaroid Camera Mijoo bought for her and shyly gave it away. “It wasn’t as great as your digital camera, but perhaps you’d want a Polaroid for a more meaningful memory.”

It was a down to earth comment coming from Mijoo but Soojung was utterly thankful for the present. Closing the gap to steal a quick kiss on the lips, Soojung beamed at the younger girl who couldn’t overcome the surprise “Thank you for the gift. I cannot put in words how much I love you right now.”

Sweet smiles traded between them until Soojung broke the silent. “Let’s take the first picture together.” They took selca from the brand new camera and Soojung scribbled down on the photo with a black pen marker - “Birthday celebration with love Lee Mijoo”. Looking up and Mijoo with ducked lips, Soojung said next. “Remind me to buy a Polaroid album later.”

*
*

More than 12 hours duration of the flight from Korea to France was exhausting although Soojung did nothing tiring in particular than just sat back.

As soon as she landed in the airport of city of love, she already missed her home. Her heart and soul was at her own homeland. Soojung certainly missed Jihyo’s presence by her side the most. If the girl were to be with her, she wouldn’t have to suffer from this feeling.

Her Choi Won sunbae came over beside her. “Are you alright Soojung? You look down,” he asked in concern. The younger girl shook her head while pursing her lips. “It’s nothing,” she assured.

Buying her words, the man walked ahead of her as they found their tourist guide. The pair was driven into a hotel, they checked in and Soojung rested in her own room for a while before they headed out again for dinner. Soojung ought to text Jihyo a message but forgot to top up her credit.

The week’s trip in France wasn’t bit interesting to Soojung if not for Choi Won always attended to her company. Unfortunately, her former colleagues in ELLE was there with them too, included Kim Sungjae. The younger man wasn’t any less annoying than Kang Siwoo in Soojung’s life dictionary.

The crew attended official events like fashion show and arts exhibition for their magazine’s article cover but Soojung preferred doing things in her own way. While other journalists were busy with interviews and official photos, the photographer roamed around by herself and snapped pictures.

At an art exhibition, while Choi Won stayed for a chat with his peers, Soojung instinctively moved around and watched the paintings displayed on the wall. While she scanned them each at a time, she stopped moving at one particular painting that caught her eyes.

It was a painting of a lesbian couple under separate umbrellas in the rain. Both looked unhappy as their backs on each other. It didn’t take long for Soojung to guess the couple just broke up. The rainy night in the background made the painting appeared even more dramatic and sad.

“It’s been a while,” a man came by her side and said. Soojung didn’t need to turn as she guessed it was Sungjae. Just at a great time when she wanted to avoid talking to him the most. Therefore she hadn’t spoken a word to him in return.

A snicker was heard coming from him. “Cocky as ever, don’t you?”

Soojung held back the urge to curse him upon his cynical remark. Disappointed at her lack of reaction, the journalist triggered her to talk by opening up the topic of her weakness. “How’s your life been without Mijoo?” Sungjae started.

“Don’t you dare speak her name!” she hissed in a breath. He cockily smirked upon her reaction. He nodded his head smugly. Of course at the mention of Mijoo, Soojung would burst out.

The older girl wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter