No time for the memories

No time for the living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Changkyun-ssi, please come back out. I don't know what happened between you and Kihyunnie but I know that whatever it was he regrets it and he wants to make it up to you". Hoseok stood outside the patterned tent trying to speak to the boy, he could have easily opened it himself but he wanted to give the boy his privacy.

Changkyun made no noise of acknowledgement as he lay in the tent, tears slipping down his cheeks. He was disappointed, if anything the elder boy could have remembered the promise he made, but if he did he obviously didn't want to admit to it. Changkyun remembered were it all started, he also remembered when his brother promised that he would save him from that man, but clearly that promise hadn't been kept as in the end the thing that really saved him was the end of humanity. The end of his own, even if he wasn't a biter he was still a murder.

-:-:-:-

"I'm home" The boy spoke quietly as he took his shoes off by the door, walking as quietly as he could back to his bedroom. Of course luck was not on his side, it never was. Loud footsteps emerged from the living room, his father stalking out the room, his eyes quickly finding Changkyun's own and signally him to come back down. Changkyun lowered his head but did as he was told.

Upon reaching the living room he sat down, his barely on the seat, eye alert as he was ready to bolt from the room as soon as anything went.

"I have some friends coming over tonight, make sure you stay out of our way" Changkyun nodded, head bowed not daring to look up at the man.

"Good, just make sure you come if I call for you. They aren't patient people, do you understand, Changkyun?" His father spat harshly. "You can go to your room, I don't want to see you anymore" His father waved him away, clearly done with their 'conversation'. Changkyun kept his head bowed as he left the room, small tears escaping his eyes but he was quite to wipe them away.

Reaching his room he quickly grabbed his bag, he stuffed a few items in there, just enough to last him a few days. He had no plans of running to his dad when he called, he was no dog. He had never come before and he sure as hell was not changing that now. He knew what those men did, he knew what they did to Kihyun and he wasn't going to let them do it to him to. 'Where are you hyung?' he thought sadly. He had faced beating, he was sure he was going to face another when he got back but for now he wasn't going to think about that. He would rather the beating any day over what those freaks wanted to do to him.

Finishing stuffing the items into a bag, he quickly slid the window open, he was on the first floor so he didn't have to worry about getting hurt. Climbing out the window he didn't bother being careful crossing the grass to the front gate, it was unlikely his father would see him but even if he did he would be able to out run him easily. He made it through the gate with ease, at this point even if his father realised that he was gone there would be nothing he could do about it.

Walking down the street quickly, he took shortcuts into the centre of town. His phone was ringing like crazy but he didn't bother even looking as he was sure it was just his father realising that he was gone.

The closer he got to the town the more he realised the amount of noise he could hear. He didn't think much of it until he was walking through an alley and a gunshot went off, he crouched to the ground without even thinking about it, he knew that the gun shot was not for him, the assailiant wasn't even near him, however the sound of shouts and screams were now terrifying. He now realised that they were not the ones he would usually hear from groups of friends, but ones filled with terror.

Standing shakily he managed to reach the end of the alley and peaked out, the sight that he was met with was horrific. People were running so fast it was as if they were literally running for their lives, he soon realised that was because they were. He watched as a bloodied man walked slowly, his blank eyes darting around, his neck ripped open. Changkyun was terrified as he stepped forward, he wanted to ask if the man needed help (as he quite clearly did), when the man suddenly leap forwatd, grabbing the leg of a screaming school girl. The girl had been surrounded by friends, all of which didn't even seem to think before abandoning her, leaving her pained screams behind as the man's teeth sunk into her leg, pulling back and bring a bloodied chunk with him. The girl managed to pull away but quickly fell due to the injury. Paralysed, Changkyun could only watch as another bloodied person dropped onto the girl, tearing a chunk from her cheek as the girl found the eyes of Changkyun, silently begging for his help. He didn't, he just watched as both creatures tore the girl apart.

Stepping back into the ally, the petrified male managed the pull his phone from his pocket with trembling hands. Unlocking it he saw several missed call, none of which were from his father. A text popped up from Yoonho, the boy telling his to get to his house as soon as he could. Changkyun went to open the message when his phone lit up with a phone call.

Kihyun

Without even thinking he accepted the call, the frantic voice of his brother's voice coming through as soon as he clicked 'accept'.

"Kyun? Changkyun? Are you there? Can you hear me?"

Changkyun in a wobbly breath. "I-I'm here. Hyung s-something bad is happening".

"Thank god. Are you okay? Nothing hurt you right?" Changkyun nodded, before answering a verbal 'I'm fine' upon remembering his brother couldn't see him.

"Kyun, where are you now?"

"I'm in town, hiding in an alley. I'm scared hyung". His breath hitched as he tried to stop the tears that were gathering in his eyes, he leaned his back against the wall of the alley for support.

"Town? Kyun I need you to get out of there. Find somewhere safe to hide. Hyung will come and get you, you'll be okay, I promise".

Changkyun eyes hardened at that, this wasn't the first time his brother made him a promise and because it wasn't kept he continued to suffer in hands of his father. "Can you keep it?"

"Keep what?"

"Your promise? You didn't last time, you never came back for me. Can I trust you?"

"Oh Kyun. Of cour-" The older boys words were cut off as Changkyun's phone was thrown to the floor. Standing in front of him was a man he recognised. A friend of his fathers. The man had thrown his phone before pinning the boy the boy to the wall. Changkyun could hear the frantic voice of his brother through the phone, the last words he managed to catch were "Kyun?! What happened?! Kyun?! I'll keep my promises, all of the-" before the man stepped on the phone, promptly cutting off anything else Kihyun was going to say.

"Ohh I know you, you're are one of Myungki's boys. Since it's dangerous I'll protect, it'll just cost a small price" the man said as he leaned towards the boy. Things happened so fast Changkyun couldn't even process what had happened. One second the man's face was close to his own, the next Changkyun had grabbed the knife from his side, stabbing him repeated before the man falls down, his stomach a bloody mess and breath no longer giving him sinful life.

Changkyun stared at corpse for a second, his eyes wide and terrified as he looked at what he had done. The bloody knife dropped to the floor, Changkyun hands trembling too violently to hold it up any longer. Slowly he backed away from the body, eyes not leaving it as he reversed out the alley the way he had come, he finally looked away as he reached the end and bolted away from the scene.

He had made his way to Yoonho's house, his bloody hands reaching out and ringing the doorbell repeatedly before it was swung open by Yoonho whose eyes widened in horror. The boy took a step back, his voice trembling as he asked Changkyun if he had been bitten. The slightly older teena

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter