No time for resting

No time for the living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung! Why did you shoot?!" The mouse like boy panicked, he watched as a familiar tall man stepped out from the trees, his muscled arms and cute face made him resemble that of a bear.

"What else was I supposed to do? I saw you running through the woods like you were being chased by a serial killer and running after you was a small angry boy with a knife." The bear like man responded easily, clearly not worried about the stranger.

Minkyun walked shakily towards the young boy, sighing in relieve as he saw the rise and fall of his chest. "I don't think he wanted to hurt me, if he did it would be because I shot one of his group". Bending down he put pressure on the wound, watching as the older boy raised his eyebrows at him in question. "It was an accident, okay?"

Hyunwoo raised his hands into the air before moving towards the two. "So, what do you want me to do? We can leave him here to bleed out, or we could take him with us and possible endanger the group when the boy wakes up, angry and probably out for revenge." The bear leader spoke calmly watching the boys reaction as he spoke. From what he could see, number one was not an option. "It's your call Minkyun".

The younger boy bit his lip, looking around at their surrounding. The surroundings were thick with trees which would give the boy shelter, no the other hand the smell of his blood would draw the things towards him, which would mean he would probably be dead within the hour. "We take him with us" his tone confident.

"I'm not a monster, I can't just leave him for the biters, besides it's my fault his in this situation in the first place so as a man I must take responsibility." He was clearly proud of his decision, as was Hyunwoo. The older had been trying to teach his group that no matter how bad the world had gotten, they need to stay human. If they didn't they would be worse than the creatures that they have been hiding from.

"You spoke confidently, I approve of your decision. Just remember that what ever happens now because of this boy is your responsibility be it good or bad". Hyunwoo gave the boy a small smile, ruffling his hair. Bending down, he carefully moved the unconscious boy onto his back, he couldn't help but compare him to Kihyun. 

Kihyun was small, maybe only a centimetre or two taller than the boy on his back. From when he'd seen the boy when he was awake he was also angry. Small and angry, the exact way he would describe Kihyun. The thought made him chuckle softly, an action which gained him a confused look from the mouse-like boy who was currently leading the way.

It was not often that Minkyun saw much emotion from his leader, so hearing the chuckle definitely came as a surprise. Seeing the leader revert back to his usual blank face, he simply turned back around to focus on the path in front of him, weapon raised and ready for any possible attacks as his other group member would probably have a hard time defending himself properly with the young boy on his back.

They continued walking in silence for the next half an hour, both concentrating on the terrain ahead of them. The trees around them started to thin, a clear indication that they were reaching their destination. The end of the forest path lead into a large field, in he middle of the field was a variety of dark coloured tents placed in a circle around a campfire. Four look-outs were posted at all times to guard the camp from all angles.

Walking into the clearing, Minkyun waved at the person who was on duty on the side they were approaching on. A tall boy with broad shoulders waved back, turning slightly to talk to the others inside the camp, no doubt informing them of their return. As they got closer Hyunwoo could see the short brunette he had been thinking about not long before.

"And what time do you call this?" was the first thing they heard when they were close enough to the camp. "We were expecting you an hour ago at the latest" clearly unimpressed.

"It's my fault Kihyun hyung, I wandered into the next town and caused some trouble" the younger said shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hyunwoo hyung tried to help me out but I had already made a mistake and then someone got hurt and then ano

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter