No time for searching

No time for the living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, there is slight cursing in this chapter so I thought I should warn you.

-:-:-:-

 

Kihyun jolted awake from his sleep, looking to his side he saw the still sleeping body of his younger brother. He let out a sigh of relief. rubbing his face with his hands before stretching. "It wasn't a dream after all" he muttered under his breath as he approached the sleeping figure. Bending down, he touched the boy forehead but didn't feel the startling heat from yesterday, the boys temperature dropped to a light warmth, a light fever but nothing a few more hours of rest couldn't solve.

He slowly lifted the thick green blanket which covered the boy, a fond smile growing on his face as he watched the boy shiver and reach around for the warm blanket. He quickly schooled his expression into a nutural one as he saw the boy eyelids flicker, a warning of the boy waking. After a few seconds the boys eyes flickered open, blinking as the bright sunlight assaulted his vision.

"How are you feeling?" The boy jolted up in surprise, his face morphing into a look of pain as he pulled on his injury from the quick movement. Kihyun quickly pushed the boy down, tutting at the stupid actions from the boy.

"Yah! why would you do that? Do you want to pull the stitches out?"

Changkyun turned towards the boy, face lit up in surprise as he saw the familiar face of his older brother, the expression didn't last long before he scowled at the elder boy sitting next to him. "What's that face for, is that any way to treat your saviour?" Kihyun said, his tone sarcastic as he looked at the boy. Changkyun didn't respond, choosing to glare down at the hard mattress he had been sleeping on. Kihyun observed the boy before sighing. "Just lay down, I need to change your bandages". Changkyun continued to look down, his hands clenching the blanket he had retrieved a few seconds before. "I don't need help, especially not from you."

"Will you stop being stubborn and just do what you're told!" Kihyun's tone was hard as he glared at the boy in front of him, the glare was returned by the other/ "Why bother helping me now, you abandoned me once when this all started, why don't you do that again right now?" The younger man taunted, wincing as the older boy grabbed the collar of his shirt. "Just. Lay. Down." The boy did not move, matching the glare easily with one of his own. "I told you, I don't need help from a bastard like you".

Kihyun stood, angrily storming outside the tent and calling for Hoseok. Hearing the call, the older boy who had just finished his look out duty, jogged towards the brunette medic. "What? Do you need more supplies?" The elder asked good naturedly, frowning when the other boy huffed and pointed towards his tent. "Please go and change his bandages, he won't let me". Hoseok looked surprised at the confessions before nodding his head slowly, figuring out that the smaller boy was not going to tell him anything else. He walked towards the tent, coughing awkwardly "I'm going to come in". Not hearing any disagreement from the boy inside, he slowly opened the flap and entered.

A young teenager sat inside, he was small, much like Kihyun, Hoseok noted, his light brown hair already growing out, black roots peeking out at the top. The boys dark eyes bore into him, watching his every move as the elder approached. "I'm Hoseok...Kihyun asked me to change you're bandages?" it came out like a question as the older boy watched the younger boys reaction, assessing whether or not he should come closer. The younger boy nodded, raising an eyebrow when the older boy continued watching him, making no move to start the task. "Are you just going to stand there, or are you actually going to help me?" Hoseok nodded, surprised at the bluntness of the boy.

"You know, you speak just like him. Neither of you like to beat around the bush". He released a small chuckle, stopping abruptly when he noticed the unimpressed look the other was giving him. "Okay... I guess you don't like to be compared to Kihyun then.." he trailed off awkwardly as the younger boy looked at him blankly. "Lift your arms, please". The younger did what he was told, staying still as the older took the bandages off, cleaning the wound, briefly apologising when he felt the younger wince in pain. He grabbed a clean bandage, wrapping it around then wound. Finishing up, he leaned backwards, a smile lighting up his face as silently praised himself for remembering what Kihyun had taught him before. "All done".

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter