No time for understanding

No time for the living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk hummed happily as he skipped to the centre of their small camp, a grumpy looking Hyungwon trailing behind them him. It had been a few days since the boy had joined their growing group with his friend, the short boy that Minhyuk couldn't remember the name of. He had been put in charge of Hyungwon, staying with the younger boy at all times until his leader deemed them trustworthy enough to work alone.

Minhyuk liked Hyungwon, sure the taller boy was quiet and some-what grumpy, but he was  good looking observant and smart, which Minhyuk thought was good considering the nightmare they were all stuck in.

The camp was quiet, not many people were left, Hoseok had taken a small group of them to continue scavenging the town, something they had been doing ever since their latest additions had joined them. Those who were left were either on guard duty, cooking (Kihyun) or on involuntary bed-rest (Changkyun).

At the centre, Kihyun was cooking using the low fire they had lit, the short man turned and smiled as he heard the two of them approaching him. "Lunch is almost ready" he said as he turned back to his task. Minhyuk smiled and came close enough to the slightly younger boy that he was able to lean his head on the other's shoulder. "That why you're my favourite, Kihyunie~"

Minhyuk narrowly dodged the spatula that was aimed at him as he darted back few steps, laughing as he saw the smile on Kihyun's face. Ignoring the same-aged boy, Kihyun looked around him to see the Hyungwon. "Are you hungry" he asked, a motherly smile on his lips, the younger boy nodded hesitantly. "It'll be done soon, why don't you two just sit and wait for it to be done?" Minhyuk nodded happily and threw himself down on one of the seats placed around the camp fire. After a few seconds Hyungwon slid down onto one not too far from the hyper boy.

"You don't talk much, do you?"

Hyungwon turned his head towards the blonde haired male, he shrugged, he had to agree he wasn't much a speaker, it was too much of a bother. Seeing he was not going to get a verbal response from the younger male he continued to ask questions. After a few trivial questions he finally asked something he thought was a little more interesting.

"So....how did you make it all the way out here? It's pretty far from the city" Minhyuk asked casually, trying to look at the boy through the corner of his vision. After a minute he sighed in disappointment, the boy had made no move to answer, just when he thought he was finally going to get the boy to talk.

"I was in a close town....here for work" a tired voice replied causing the blonde head to snap up in surprise, he had no longer expected the boy to answer.

"He speaks!" Minhyuk exclaimed happily, putting his arms down when he noticed the glare he received from the handsome boy, he coughed to hide his embarrassment "So...what sort of work?" Minhyuk asked curiously. The younger of the two scowled a bit at the interrogation, he was started to regret answer the stupid boy question now, he might have left him alone if he chose to ignore him. Releasing a tired sigh he decided it would end faster if he just answered the boy.

"Modelling?" Minhyuk scanned the boy up and down, he guessed it made sense considering the boys height...and his face too, not that he would admit that to the boy...at least not yet.

"What about you?" Minhyuk was pulled away from his thoughts by the question. "What?"

"Why are you here?" Hyungwon asked, displeased at having to rephrase the question.

"Oh, I was friends with Hyunwoo and Hoseok before all of this-" Minhyuk gestured nonchalantly to their surroundings "so we just stuck together, the city was overrun so we decided to move somewhere less populated" he finished, shrugging as if it was no big deal.  

Hyungwon nodded in understanding. The conversation stopped there, Hyungwon content with the quiet. Minhyuk leaned his chin on one hand as he sat waiting for Kihyun to finish, the brunette was filling small plastic bowls with some kind of soup. "Minhyuk, Hyungwon can you take these to Changkyun and the boys on look-out?" Minhyuk nodded happily as he jumped up to collect the bowls of soup, Hyungwon following behind to do the same. 

"I'll take these to Changkyun, Hyunwoo and Kwangji. You can take those two to Minkyun and Yoonho" Minhyuk pointed to the two spots that the younger boy would have to go to. Hyungwon nodded and headed towards his destination. Minhyuk smiled as he watched the other walking, giving him some responsibility on his own will show the other that he does trust him and if Minhyuk did it was only a matter of time before everyone else did as well. He just hoped he was able to convey that message to the other boy through his actions.

After a few seconds, Minhyuk turned around heading to Changkyun's tent (which was really Kihyun's but until the boy had one of his own he would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter