CHAPTER 5 - “Have you been eating well, love?”

Midnight

            Even though the Sun was shining high in the sky and summer was supposed to be one of the happiest season, it didn’t seem that way for a certain couple. They were not happy. Not at all.

            “You’re joking.” Baekhyun said as he chuckled and took Hana’s hands in his. “I’m serious.” Hana said as she stepped back from Baekhyun. “I don’t want to interfere with your relationship with Areum. I’m sorry I wasn’t enough.” Hana said as she started to walk away.

            “Hana, please let me explain.” Baekhyun said and grabbed her wrist to hold her back but Hana sighed and removed his grip from her wrist. “No, it’s okay. I understand.” Hana flashed him one last smile. If it was on other days, Baekhyun would’ve smiled back but how could he when he knew that she faked a smile.

            “You may have broke up with me but I didn’t.” Hana heard Baekhyun said as she exited the rooftop and headed to her next class.

            That night, two hearts longed for each other. Crying their hearts out and losing sleep. They were broken.

            The next morning, Baekhyun was hoping to get a chance to speak to Hana. He was waiting at her locker patiently but he frowned when she still hadn’t appear to retrieve her books from her locker. There was still five minutes before class begun. “She’s never this late.” Baekhyun mumbled. His phone beeped, signaling a message arrived. He looked at his phone and swiped his thumb over the screen to open the message.

            “Son of a .” Baekhyun cursed as he punched the wall, he immediately ran off to find Hana. He was correct. There was something not right.

            “I have your precious girlfriend.” – Sehun

            Hana sighed as she walked towards her locker. She arrived much earlier than usual, hoping to avoid Baekhyun. She knew she over reacted and didn’t give him a chance to explain. For all she knew, Areum could’ve been the one at fault. Just, not now. She wanted to give herself some time. She sighed in relief when Baekhyun wasn’t at the lockers yet. She was about to punch the code in when someone grabbed her from behind.

            She struggled but she was too weak. The person who grabbed her had covered and dragged her to a secluded classroom. She was scared. What if something really bad happened to her? The person tied her hands behind her back, tied her legs and taped . She was thrown onto the floor harshly. Now she was really scared.

            She looked up to glare at that person. Sehun. She thought to herself. She glared at him with hatred in her eyes.

            “Now, now sweetheart, let’s not be so upset. I just wanted to have some fun with you.” Sehun smirked as he crouched down in front of her.

            Her screams were muffled by the tape. “Well, shall we begin?” Sehun went closer to her and inhaled a deep breath. “Peach? You even smell good.” Sehun chuckled darkly. Hana could smell the alcohol in his breath. The bastard was drunk. He then pushed her onto the floor until she was lying down.

            His started to kiss her neck and Hana was crying. She was very scared. She started screaming but it was all muffled.

            “SHUT UP!” Sehun shouted as he slapped the poor girl. He started to her shirt when he was thrown to the wall behind. Hana was sobbing, she was shaking. She was traumatized by what just happen. She looked up to see that Baekhyun had Sehun pinned up against the wall.

            “HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER?!” Baekhyun screamed as he threw a punch to Sehun’s face and sent a kick to his stomach. He knew it wasn’t Sehun he should waste his time on. He gave him one last punch before Sehun fainted.

            He rushed to Hana and cupped her face. “Oh gosh.. Hana…” Baekhyun didn’t realize that tears were also streaming down his face as he slowly button up Hana’s shirt and started to untie her. He removed the tape from . He winced when saw the hickeys which Sehun had previously left. “I’m sorry…” Baekhyun whispered as he hugged Hana close to him.

            “I’m really sorry, love. Sorry.” Baekhyun apologized again and again as he cradled the crying girl closer to his chest.

            The classroom was only filled with the poor girl’s cries and the sound of Baekhyun whispering “Sorry.” Again and again.

            The school took discipline action against Sehun and he was thrown out of school. How Baekhyun wished he could throw Sehun into jail so he could never see his face again. With Sehun’s parents dropping at his feet, begging him to let their son go and to not ruin their future. Baekhyun reluctantly agreed to not file a lawsuit against Sehun for attempted .

            For three long days, Baekhyun did not see Hana. She had not answer any of her messages or his calls. He even went to her house to see her but Hana's mother had said that she didn’t want to meet anyone.

            “Give her some time Baekhyun. You of all people should know how much space she needs to herself right now.” Hana’s mother said and smiled sadly to him. Baekhyun only nodded before thanking Hana’s mother and walked away.

            That night, Baekhyun did some thinking. He finally realized that it was him that was causing her all the pain. It was because of him that Sehun tried to take advantage of her. It was because of him that she was starting to fall apart.

            Baekhyun wouldn’t allow that. No. He would fix that heart of hers even if it means sacrificing pieces of his heart. Instead of her being broken, it was better if it was him instead.

            “I’ll break up with her.” Baekhyun shakily whispered as tears started to flow from his eyes again.

            It was a really gloomy day at school. Baekhyun faced Hana. His heart hurt seeing his girlfriend’s face so pale. She stared back at him with her lifeless eyes, not muttering a single word. Baekhyun gulped before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, “Have you been eating well, love?” Baekhyun whispered but no reply came from the girl.

            “I’ll break up with you. I’ll let you go.” He whispered. He connected their foreheads one last time and he smiled. He patted her head softly, “Live well.” Baekhyun walked away. He walked away from her. He walked out of her life. He walked away to make her smile.

            “Baekhyun…” Hana whispered a she started to sob again.

            Life was cruel. Just when Prince Charming’s Duke reached Cinderella’s house, her stepmother locked her in the room, preventing her from trying on the glass slipper. The evil stepmother had prevented Cinderella from taking what was rightfully hers. Thus, Cinderella began to fall apart.