CHAPTER 4 - “Don’t cry, love. Please.”

Midnight

            It was now summer. It was the season which most prissy princesses hate. It was scorching hot as the Sun was brightly shining in the sky. No one really likes to take a walk to anywhere right now. It was scorching hot.

            “Baekhyunnnnnn.” Hana whined on the way to her locker. “What?” Baekhyun asked as he took his girlfriend’s bag and slung it over her shoulders. “It’s realllllllyyyyy hot.” She whined as she wiped the beads of sweats forming on her forehead again.

            Baekhyun laughed before saying, “Don’t be such a princess.” Hana whined again before she lazily punched in the code of her locker. She got out her books that she needed as Baekhyun did too. Recently, he requested for a locker nears hers and he got it. She huffed as Baekhyun laughed louder this time.

            “Drink more water. I’ll see you in literature class later.” Baekhyun said as he ruffled her hair. Hana groaned before nodding. Baekhyun patted her head before they separated ways heading to their first class.

            Baekhyun sat in his usual seat when all of a sudden; he felt a presence next to him. He looked to his right and realized that Areum had taken a seat next to him. “Hi Baekhyun!” Areum beamed at him. Baekhyun slightly smiled before looking back to his books.

            Areum was getting clingy around him recently. Every time he tried to avoid her, she would cling onto him and drag him around like a rag doll as she dragged Sehun around too. Sehun didn’t really mind as Areum was his girlfriend after all. Baekhyun disliked it though. Her perfume was always really strong and it seemed like his smell receptors were going to rot any time.

            To Baekhyun’s dismay, his calculus teacher was absent and so it was a free period. Unfortunately, he was stuck with an annoying Areum for one and a half hours. She kept talking about the latest fashion trends and how Sehun was such an idiot at times. She just wouldn’t keep quiet. Baekhyun would’ve asked her to shut up but like the gentleman he is, he only gave short and curt replies once in a while.

            When the bell rung, Baekhyun was about to head to his next class when he was suddenly pushed back by someone into the wall. He was shocked when he saw Areum leaning closer to him.

            “What are you doing?” he gritted out in annoyance. “Why don’t you come to me Baekhyun? I’ll break up with Sehun for you.” Areum purred as she traced her finger on Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun shuddered with disgust and was about to retort back when suddenly Areum continued.

           

            “I know how much of a Hana is. What do you even see in her? She’s not tall, not curvy and not even a little bit pretty. Come to me? I have everything.” Areum smirked as she was now dangerously close to Baekhyun.
 

            Baekhyun scoffed before pushing her away causing her to stumble. “You better keep your bull to yourself. Hana is perfect the way she is and I don’t need someone else to tell me what to do.” He said before walking to the classroom’s exit. “You better shut your trap and I’ll pretend nothing ever happened. Wouldn’t want Sehun to break up with you before you do, right?”

            Areum scoffed when Baekhyun walked out. “Just you wait Baekhyun. You’ll be mine soon.” An evil smirk playing on her face.

            Baekhyun entered his literature class before plopping on the seat next to Hana. She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled into her boyfriend’s warmth. “What took you so long?” she asked but frowned when her nose caught on to a weird scent. “And why do you smell so weird?” Baekhyun chuckled nervously before he focused on the teacher in front of class.

            Hana shrugged it off as she started taking down notes from the whiteboard.

            Baekhyun and Hana then headed into the canteen to grab some food. They walked in hand in hand and were telling jokes to each other when suddenly someone landed a punch on Baekhyun’s face. Hana gasped as she looked up to see who had punched her boyfriend when she was more that surprised to see that it was actually Sehun.

            “YOU SON OF A ! HAVING A GIRLFRIEND ISN’T ENOUGH FOR YOU? YOU NEED TO FORCEFULLY MAKE OUT WITH MY GIRL?” Sehun screamed and before he could land another punch on Baekhyun, Hana stopped him. “MY BOYFRIEND WOULDN’T DO SUCH A THING!” She yelled back. Sehun scoffed before saying, “I bet you didn’t realize the lipstick stain on your boyfriend’s shirt them?”

            Hana rolled her eyes and looked back to her boyfriend and wanted to scream in that dumb Sehun’s face that there was nothing when she noticed a small tint of pink at the side of his shirt. “What the hell.” Hana breathed out. She looked up at Baekhyun, her hands shaking as she gripped his shirt. Baekhyun’s eyes widened. When did that even get there?

            “No Hana, it does not look like what it seems. Ha-” Baekhyun was cut off when his girlfriend ran out of the canteen. He groaned in frustration when he noticed the same evil smirk playing on Areum’s lips.

            “I hope you know that it was your of a girlfriend who jumped me and said she wanted to break up with you.” Baekhyun spat at Sehun before running out of the canteen to chase Hana.

            He ran his fingers through his hair when he couldn’t find Hana. Where on Earth did she run to?

            Meanwhile on the rooftop, a girl was crying. No wonder he smelt weird. Did she do something wrong? Did he not love her anymore? Was it because she was too boring? She kept her head down as she sobbed into her hands.

            A pair of arms wrapped around her when she automatically relaxed into them. “Don’t cry, love. Please.” Baekhyun whispered. “Why?” she whispered back as she held back her tears.

            “Let’s break up.” She said and it was sure that Baekhyun’s heart shattered then.