CHAPTER 3 - “It’s my way to say thank you and how much I love you, love.”

Midnight

            The birds were chirping, celebrating that spring was finally here. The trees were now filled to the brim with cherry blossoms and the grass was of a nice shade of green. It was the most beautiful season of the year. Everyone wore lighter clothing and was relieved that the harsh winter had faded away.

            The couple was strolling down the pavements, their fingers interlaced. They were on their way to the cinema after they had a nice brunch in a nearby café. It was their first date. They laughed as they whispered jokes that only the both of them knew. Any passerby could see the overwhelming love they were emitting for each other.

            “So what movie are we watching?”, Hana asked as she scanned the list of movies when they arrived. “That one.” Baekhyun pointed to a poster of a horror movie.

            Much to Hana’s dismay, horror movies were never in her favor but she just clutched onto her boyfriend as he purchased the tickets to Insidious 3 for them. They then headed to the snacks counter to grab a bucket of popcorn and drinks. They passed their tickets to the worker who was in charge before he tore part of their tickets and granting them entry to the cinema halls.

            Hana gulped when she took a seat in the cinema. She thanked the Gods that their seat was a twin seat and was at the back of the cinema. She settled down before placing a small blanket she brought from home over her legs. The cinema was too cold for her liking.

            The lights of the cinema dimmed and Hana scooted closer to Baekhyun. He chuckled when Hana muttered a string of curses after the title of the movie appeared with a loud, eerie music. Halfway through the movie, he looked next to him and nearly burst out in laughter.

            “Hana, what the hell are you doing?” He asked as he found his girlfriend draping her blanket over her head, completely covering her head.

            “This is too scary for me. I swear I’m going to pee my pants.” Hana mumbled as she slowly lowered her blanket. Baekhyun softly smiled as he patted her head before draping an arm around her. He pulled her closer to her before he whispered, “Why didn’t you tell me you were scared?”

            “I didn’t want to disappoint you. I know you like watching horror movies.” Hana said as she played with her fingers. Baekhyun thread his fingers through her hair before saying, “Love, you know I’ll always put you first. It doesn’t matter if we’re not watching a horror movie.” Hana only mumbled a small “okay.” She snuggled closer to Baekhyun and he did not hesitate to pull his girl closer to him.

            The movie ended and Baekhyun laughed again as Hana scurried out of the cinema. She stretched her arms and Baekhyun immediately pulled her shirt down as her stomach was already showing. He smacked her stomach lightly before pulling her towards the exit.

            The Sun was already beginning to set when they came out of the cinema. They started strolling on the beach. It was slightly windy which caused Hana to shiver slightly. Even though it was just a small shiver, Baekhyun realized it. He took his jacket off before helping Hana into it. “Thank you!” Hana beamed as she snuggled into his jacket.

            They were walking hand in hand, their fingers interlaced. It was just like a scene from a movie. They stopped halfway through their stroll to look at the beautiful sunset.

            “Wow… It’s really really beautiful.” Hana said. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her waist from the back before resting his chin on her shoulder as he swayed them from left to right. “Yeah.” He hummed.

            Baekhyun sighed before turning the girl to face him and pulled her in a tight hug. “What’s wrong, Baekhyun?” Hana said as she wrapped her arms around him. Baekhyun kissed the crown of her head before replying her.

            “I just want to let you know how grateful and blessed I am to have met a girl like you. To have a girlfriend like you. Thank you for changing me for the better. I used to be a weak and fragile boy before you came along.”

            “Yeah I’m aware of that. You were too weak for a boy.” Hana grumbled into her boyfriend’s chest.

            Baekhyun laughed before continuing, “You’re really a blessing in my life. Thank you for making me stronger and for giving me a chance to love.” He pulled away from the hug before tucking a strand of hair behind Hana’s ear.

            Baekhyun then reached for something in his pocket. He then pulled out a ring. It was ring that had daisies all over it. He took Hana’s hand in his before slipping the ring onto her fourth finger. “It’s a promise ring.” He said as met eyes with his girlfriend.

            “But Baekhyun, this must be expe-” Hana was cut off when Baekhyun pulled her in for a hug again.

            “It’s my way to say thank you and how much I love you, love.”

            They stood there for a long time, enjoying the warmth from each other. Once in a while, they would tickle the other causing laughter.

            “Race you to the other end.” Baekhyun suddenly said before running off. “HEY! That’s not fair!” Hana screamed and ran after her boyfriend.

            Cinderella sure enjoyed her dance with the prince, but what happened after the clock struck midnight?

            It was just another schooling day when the both of them headed to school. By now, the couple was already well known in the school. Through time, Baekhyun had made new friends. He finally had another best friend who went by the name Sehun. They shared the same interest which was music and they had many classes together.

            Apparently Sehun was dating the leader which Hana protected Baekhyun from before. He finally found out what that leader’s name was. She was known as Areum. Baekhyun didn’t really have a good feeling about Areum and always bid farewell to Sehun when he saw that Areum was on the way towards them. He really didn’t like her.

            Areum was in the toilet with her followers as she reapplied her lipstick. “I think I like that boy.” she said. “Who?” one of her followers asked. “Of course it would be Sehun.” The other one said. “Wrong.” Areum said as she washed her hands which caused confusion between the other 2 girls.

            “I like Baekhyun.” she smirked.