With You

Stay Longer

 

Since you guys wanted a sequel, here you go :)

*This is still Taeyeon's point of view


 

Two years passed without much happening around me. Two years of clueless thinking, every thinking that revolves around her. Thinking of the hopes of finally moving on from a relationship that never happened. 

Knowing that nothing much really happened to me during this 8 years of reflection since all I really did was prolong the misery of thinking about her, I decided to go back home. To my parents.

Maybe I should try a different approach to this reflecting thing. Maybe I need others to block the thought of her. I stood in front the door to our house. I started to knock a few times on the door, I heard a tiny yell of 'coming', and so I waited.

The door finally opened and it was my dad, I smiled at him.

"Hi, dad." My dad fixed his glasses a bit, probably surprised that I'm actually in front of him now.

"Taeyeon?" Before I can utter another word, he immediately hugged me, I hugged him back and rested my face on his neck.

"Everyone! Taengoo's back!" He slowly walked me inside the house, one by one, I saw my family members appearing in front of me.

"Taeyeon..." My mom came up to me and hugged me. My sister and brother did the same. After a few minutes, mom finally speaked.

"Where were you? Why didn't you text us? Are you okay? We missed you." I didn't really know what to answer, I don't want to seem rude by saying that I just didn't want to call them.

"It's okay, as long as she is finally home, we will be a complete and happy family now." Dad answered for me.

"Well, go to your room first Taeyeon, I'll cook your favorite." My mom said as she hurriedly went to the kitchen with dad. Jiwoong took my bags and Hayeon held my hand as they both lead me to my old room. As I entered, memories immediately filled my head, I remember the first time I bought Tiffany here.

I chuckled a bit as I remember we bickered about which one of us was the number one fan of Jo In-sung. I sat on my bed beside my sister while my brother sat on the floor.

"Taeyeon, what happened with you? What did you do with your 8 years alone?" Jiwoong asked.

"I just had to reflect, but I missed you two monkeys so I came back."

"Yah, you're much more of a monkey!" Hayeon told me as she slapped my arm. 

"By the way, Tiffany came here last month." My eyes flickered a bit with the mention of her name.

"Why?"

"On the last two years, she told us that you called her and that you were fine. Last month, she said that your group is going to have their yearly reunion. She would always come here yearly to tell us when and where the reunion is going to happen."

"Hmm."

"Are you going to go to the reunion, unnie?" Hayeon asked me.

"I don't know. I'm not particularly sure if I'm ready to meet them since they are the reason why I went on reflecting or missing."

"I'm sure you can do it, surely, those 8 years made you stronger than cement." Jiwoong said.

"Or it'll just turn out that I'm still weak as paper." I chuckled.

"Yeah, and also clean as paper, you dumb dumb." Jiwoong commented.

"Yah!" 

We continued playing, just like old times before I took the life of an idol. I surely miss this, pure fun with those people who really care about you.

But as we continued on talking, there was this question that lingered in my mind.

Am I ready to meet them?

After a few hours, it was already time for dinner, my dad did most of the talking while I just smiled and nodded. When we finished dinner, mom called me outside on our porch to talk with me.

"Here you go, your favorite." She said as she gave me a cup of apple juice.

"Thanks." I smiled as I looked ahead of me.

"So, how has my Taeyeon been?"

"I'm fine mom. I'm here and that is all that matters for the time being."

"I see. But how about my 'Taetae'?" I looked at her.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm asking how the 'Taetae' that I saw grow up is, the Taetae before becoming a worldwide idol."

"I don't know, mom." I let out a soft and bitter laugh. "For those 8 years, I still don't know." A few tears started to drop. My mom suddenly hugged me. "I'm so stupid. All those 8 years for nothing. I should be married and have kids but here I am."

"Taeyeon, it's okay." She said as she patted my back

"I don't know if it'll ever be okay. I'm me, I don't know how to change that."

"Taeyeon, I know. I know about your likes, and I'm telling you, it's okay to be like that." I broke the hug and faced her.

"What likes?"

"Tiffany." My mom smiled at me.

"What about her?"

"She is truly beautiful, isn't she? I would not wonder why you would like her. She is nice, beautiful, and very open to us." My eyes widen.

"No. Mom, it's not that."

"Taeyeon, you have been in my womb for 9 months, don't you think I'll know you better? Now, listen to me. Do you want to know why after all those 8 years of your reflecting that you still haven't found the old 'Taeyeon' that you have been looking for? The answer is acceptance. And no, it's not our or any stranger's acceptance; but your acceptance to yourself. How could you find back the old Taeyeon when you haven't accepted the new Taeyeon that is added to the million of traits that old Taeyeon has?"

"Mom, how could I accept myself? I failed everyone. The fans, my members. Especially you." I said as I covered my face, but I was unable to do so as Mom took away my hands that were covering my face and she placed her hands over my cheeks to make me look at her.

"You will never fail me, Taeyeon. It'll be me, who will fail if I see my daughter unhappy. Please, I accept you and your preference. Accept yourself, Taeyeon. And understand that we can't control everything. Now please, let go of that heavy guilt that you've been holding for all those years and accept the new you that will improve the old you." I nodded as I hugged her again, the night passed with a lot of tears that fell and stories of learning.

 


 

I'm going.

I'm actually going to the reunion.

I don't know what to expect. Will they be mad? Happy?

The thing is, I'll see Tiffany today. And for the first time, I'm not having bitter thoughts if ever I talk to her and she drops the news of being married. With the one talk with my mom, I accepted myself. I didn't needed that 8 years of being alone, all I needed was someone who knew me and understood me.

For all those years of being alone, I feel content and happy.

And here I am, in front of our old dorm. So this is the place where they hold the reunion, huh? I wonder who was rich enough to buy this dorm again just for us to have the reunion in a meaningful place.

I could hear them chatting. I chuckled as I heard Tiffany yelling or talking as she would say. She was always the loud one.

I can imagine Sooyoung and Yoona probably eating and Sunny drinking alcoholic beverages. And Jessica probably just zoning out on a seat or something. Could she be invited too though?

I raised my hand and knocked 9 times on the door.

It was suddenly quiet inside the room. What could they be thinking?

The door finally opened. I looked up and it was Sooyoung who opened it. The bag of chips that she carried fell down on the floor.

"Hi." I waved at Sooyoung. was still wide open. She hugged me suddenly. "Yah, I can't breath." I laughed.She dragged me to the living room. If I could describe the vibe of the room, it'll only be one word, surprised. All their eyes are wide with some mouths open.

"Guys, I know I still didn't grow that much but please don't rub it in." I joked as I laughed hard with their funny faces. But regret came in when I saw they were all tearing up.

"Yah. I'm sorry. Don't cry." One by one, they stood up and hugged me and they suddenly formed a circle around me, with them holding each other's hand.

"We love you, just like this. The longed end of wandering." I was suddenly speechless, they were sing the chorus of the song that made not only us cry, but also fans, 'Into the new World'. It was the saddest yet beautiful version, the ballad.

"We leave behind this world's unending sadness." They changed the lyrics a bit but I didn't mind. Hearing this song again after all those years made me refreshed. Their voices blended well with each other. I started crying along with the other girls who started having a hard time singing the song.

"Walking the many and unknowable paths, I follow a dim light."

"It's something we'll do together to the end, into the new world." I clapped as they finish their song.

"You guys, still beautiful as ever." We all hugged once again. After almost one minute of hugging, we finally sat on the sofa while some were seated on the carpet.

"Why does it seems like you all knew what to do though?" I looked around and saw some of them biting their lips, as if hiding something. My eyes narrowed at them "Who told you guys that I was coming here?" They all pointed at Tiffany.

I looked at her. I noticed that she has been quiet through all this and that I haven't given her much attention as much as I thought I would.

She raised both her hands.

"I only told them that you might come. Jiwoong oppa called me." I nodded and gave a small smile at her.

"So girls, go ahead and tell me every story that I missed." I smiled at them.

Apparently, almost everyone was married. Sooyoung, Yuri, Seohyun, Jessica, and Hyoyeon was already married and they already have children. Yoona and Sunny was married but still no children. Tiffany didn't told us or me if she were married. But I can only think that she is married but she just forgot to share it.

"Okay, Taengoo. We have shared our stories, how about you? What has been going up with you?" Jessica told me.

"Like my old stories, it's probably boring. I stayed at this old cabin and that's just it. I had no gadgets or anything though. I mostly spent my time by drawing or just admiring nature."

"Why did you go away though?" Yuri asked.

"Umm...I don't know. To visit my ancestors I guess. Paper comes from trees right?" We all laughed, just like old times.

"Taengoo, you truly are back." Sunny said as she came towards me and hugged me.

"It's good to be back." I smiled and patted her back.

Midnight came, and we all have to say our goodbyes. As we packed our stuff at the living room, I just had to say something.

"Girls, before we all go, I just want to say something."

"Just like old times, you were always good at ending stuff." Hyoyeon said.

"I just want to tell you girls that I missed you. And words can't explain how proud I am to all of you with your lives, I genuinely feel happy for everyone of you. I can tell that all of you have already found your happiness so go and cherish it. Goodluck to all of you. I love you, girls. Every single one of you." I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"We love you too, unnie." Seohyun said. We all gave one final group hug before heading outside. 

I smiled as I saw their spouses picking them all up, I waited after all of them has entered their respective cars.

"Taetae?" I looked behind me and saw Tiffany fiddling with her fingers. I chuckled as she still looked cute even though she was already a 45 year old woman. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Can we go to my place? I just want to talk to you...Privately." I nodded at her.

"My car?" I asked, she nodded. As we headed towards my car, Sooyoung pulled and whispered something in my ears.

"Go and get the happiness you deserve, Taeyeon." Sooyoung smiled at me before heading back towards her car."

What could she be talking about?

 

As we arrived at her house, she guided me to her sofa and asked me to wait for her there. I scanned the place. It's pretty big, a perfect place for a family?

My thoughts ended when Tiffany appeared beside me with a bottle of wine.

"Just like old times." Tiffany winked at me as she poured wine on our glass bottles.

"Tsk tsk. We already had a bit of alcohol at the reunion yet you still want to drink wine? Are you planning to get me drunk?" I laughed at her as I took a sip.

"Maybe."

"Hmm. So what is it Miyoung? What do you want to talk about?" 

"Before we talk about it, why don't you drink more of this?" Tiffany said as she poured more wine on my glass.

"Miyoung, what is it?"

"Us..."

"What about us?" I said as I emptied the wine in my bottle.

"It seems so different. You almost didn't took notice of me at the reunion..."She said while looking down.

"You know what, maybe I do need a bit more of this." I said as I poured more wine on my glass.

 


 

We both stumbled into her bedroom laughing at the dude in the television show. We still haven't talked about what we needed to talk about. We both lied down on the bed, just staring at the light bulb above us.

This has to be the time to talk about it.

"Miyoung?"

"Hmm?"

"I missed you."

"I missed you too Tae."

"And I still miss you." I can feel Tiffany looking at me.

"I'm already here, why would you miss me?"

"I miss you because I know that I'll never be with you the way I want it to be."

"How do you want it to be, Tae?" Tiffany came closer to me.

"Something deeper than what we have. I want to be that someone you will come home to that will put a smile on your tired and wrinkled face. I want to be that someone that you will think of when you hear mushy love songs. I want to be that person who you will make memories of time for the rest of your life." I smiled at the abyss of the light and closed my eyes.

"But Miyoung, I know that you can't. It's another one that I have to accept. That's the whole reason of me going away. I'm sorry if I'm hurting you, but I needed time. Right now, I still have to get used to not think that we can ever be, something that I want. It's okay that you may not want what I want, it's probably just me and my sick mind. Please forgive me. If ever, just to not make this awkward on the next morning, don't ever tell me that I said this, you know how weak I am with alcohol so I'm pretty sure that I won't remember much if you don't tell me anything." Tears started to fall. Tiffany finally said something.

"Taetae, you don't think that after all those years that you were away, you were the only one that was reflecting? I was reflecting too. As crazy as it may seem, you're not the only one that thinks like that. All those years of you being away made me question my thoughts." Tiffany made me face her, and so I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"I talked with the other girls while you were away, they didn't seem as devastated as I was. I searched every place I could think of just to find you after 5 years has passed. I was afraid. Afraid that I will never see you again."

"But Taeyeon-ah, you don't know how happy and relieved I was when you called. And I wanted to ask you this, why me? Why was I the one that you called when you could have called your parents?"

"Because you are you." We just kept on staring at each other's eyes.

"Remember the oppa that I once dated before the group ended? He actually proposed to me before two weeks that you called."

"You said yes?" I looked at the light bulb once again to avoid her eyes.

"No, Taetae. I said no." She once pulled my face to look at her. "And it's all because of you. And that's when I started to question every choice that I made. That oppa broke up with me, and I wasn't sad. I thought that I just let a relationship go to waste, I wondered why I did that. And when you called me, I knew the answer."

"And Taetae, you don't know how disastrous it was for me when you called. I felt happy to know that you were alive, but I stil felt sad because I can't see you or hug you. My parents asked me if I was depressed, and I told them no. It was just love."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry with anything Taetae. If anything, I should even thank you, because you made me realize who I really want in my life."

"You're probably just overwhelmed with what I said. Like what you said, No need to return a compliment just because I said one to you." It's probably the wine talking. I don't know why I just said that.

"Taetae, believe me. Before all the drama that happened to our group, I know that I dated men. And I questioned everytime I did so. I always felt so empty with them, it's as if I dated them just to simply have someone. With you, it's a different story with you. I felt complete, and I guess I know the answer now. I want and need you. And that I...I also love you."

"As a friend?" I asked.

Then there she is, nearing me. Our foreheads bumped but our eye contact still remained, she closed her eyes as she captured my mouth with hers, and so I also closed my eyes.

Our lips moved to the beating of our own hearts. 

I bought her up on me, so she was above me.

She put her hands above my head, caressing my hair strands. While I put my hands on her waist, feeling the curve that she still hasn't lost.

As always, good things come to an end. We had to end the kiss to breathe for air. We both opened our eyes and stared at each other's soul.

"You make me feel as if I'm a 20 year old again. I love you, Taetae. Not just a friend. I love you as the person I want to talk to about Totoro every single day." Tiffany said as she gave me a short kiss on the lips. I smiled at her.

"Miyoung, I was wrong before. When I met you, I thought that I met the love of my life in which we will never be. But now, I know. I know that I met the love of my life in which we will forever be. I love you too, Miyoung. I also love you as the person I want to watch Spongebob with every single day." She giggled.

"And Miyoung. I'll need to stay longer somewhere. But this time, I'll stay longer here, with you." And that was the last sentence that we both exchanged before kissing once again through the night.

 

 

End-

 

There you go haha I hope you enjoyed this sequel :) And as you guys wished, a happy ending :)

and I tried so hard to make it realistic that Tiffany also had feelings for Taeyeon haha

I hope you enjoyed this sequel!