Four.

Baby Steps

I fluttered my eyes open slowly and tried to adjust them through the light. I tried rubbing them to wake myself up but I wasn’t able to when I felt a bit of a weight placed on both my arms.

 

I looked at my side and saw a peaceful sleeping Tiffany. I smiled at the sight as she was using my chest as a pillow while her arms are draped around waist and resting them on my arms firmly.

 

I was starting to get so mesmerized at her sleeping face when I suddenly heard my phone ring. “…arghh…” I groaned in distress and tried to reach it for it was just on the table beside the couch, I answered it immediately not wanting for it to ring anymore further and louder since it’ll wake Fany up.

 

“Hello…?”

 

“Yul… hey buddy…” geez, Sooyoung… it’s so early in the morning.

 

“What is it? What do you need Soo?” I felt Tiffany stir a little so I rearranged my position to make her more comfortable than she already was.

 

“Ms. Kim wants to see you Yuri…” I freed my hand from Fany’s grip and used it to rub my eyes awake.

 

“I told you to handle her for now right Soo? What does she want?”

 

“Oh she doesn’t want anything… I just don’t know what to handle about her.” I smacked myself mentally… I got too occupied with Tiffany that I forgot to send Sooyoung what she needed.

 

“Sorry… she’s under stress and depression, that’s all there is to her. I’ll send you what you need later.” I let out a yawn.

 

“Ok, and oh Yul by the way… we’ll be having a get together tonight, want to come with us?” I stared at the ceiling for a moment before releasing a deep sigh in which she understood completely. “Why did I even ask huh?” I heard her chuckle. “Anyway, enjoy your week with Tiffany, Yul… Bye.” And with that she ended the call.

 

I tossed the phone on the other end of the couch, and as I did I felt small movements coming from Tiffany, she was already waking up.

 

She entangled herself away from mine and rubbed her eyes with both hands like a little child, she stretched like a cat and I just watch in awe on as how comfortable she has become under my care.

 

“G-ood… moo-oorning…” she greeted with her morning voice as she stretched her limbs out and yawned.

 

“Good morning Fany-ah” I reached in and shuffled her hair playfully.

 

She let out a whine before removing my hand from her head then holding it, intertwining it with hers.

 

“What do you want to do today Fany-ah? Shopping? Strolling at the mall?” I asked her as I let go of her hands and stood up from the couch and did some morning stretches.

 

Tiffany stood up also and went upstairs, though I can see that she was limping a bit due to her injured foot. I just let my eyes to watch over her until she reached our room without anything happening to her at all and once it was secured I went over to my desk and sent Sooyoung the information she needed regarding Ms. Kim.

 

I sat on my swiveling chair and opened my laptop. I grabbed some files before typing them in; at the middle of the typing session I suddenly heard our bedroom door shut close. I looked up and saw Tiffany holding something, I waited until she reached down the stairs with a bit of effort, I smiled when she was able to go down successfully then I turned back to my laptop.

 

While typing, Tiffany went under my arms and sat at the swiveling chair with me, occupying the empty space at the middle of it.

 

I looked at her a little bit shocked with her sudden action, but she just ignored it and made herself comfortable in her position. Instead she leaned her head back and placed it on my shoulder while her knees are both up placed just in between mine.

 

“Fany… what are you doing?” I asked her as I tilted my head a little making her place her head on me even more while I continue typing.

 

“This…” she showed me the thing that she was holding earlier; it was a brochure… of an amusement park.

 

“This is the park that I promised that we’ll go to isn’t it?” I felt her hum and nod. “Why? You want to go here already?” I refrained from typing and took the brochure away from her hands.

 

“Yes…” she took my other free hand and played with it.

 

“Do you think you’re ready?” I whispered into her ear as I placed the brochure down and hugged her from the waist.

 

“I… think…” she answered faintly.

 

I hummed in response as I closed my eyes and inhaled the sweet scent that she had. I hugged her a little tighter and she engulfed both of my arms with hers. “You want to go now?”

 

“Can… we?” she lifted her face up just to meet my gaze on her.

 

“Of course we can, I had given myself a one week leave just to accompany you at this precious decision of yours.” I smiled at her and pressed my lips on the crown of her head. “I’ll just send this to Soo and then we’ll take a quick bath and go, alright?”

 

“Ok…” she smiled and showed that beautiful crescent eyes of her.

 

“I think I deserved a price for doing this Fany, don’t I?” I joked a little while puckering my lips a little igniting my want for a peck, but I didn’t expect what she did next.

 

Slowly, she landed her lips on mine. It was so serene and soft, like a butterfly passing through a flower. I looked at her and smiled inwardly when I saw how she’s closing her eyes while having her lips connected to mine.

 

Unconsciously, my lips tugged into a smile for real. I responded with her gentle touch with the same sweetness, our lips moved in harmony as I felt the angel’s trumpets play their beautiful melody as Tiffany and I enjoy our little moment of intimacy.

 

Though wanting to have the contact a little bit more extended I pulled away when she needed a breath of air, she breathed quite unevenly while the color red raced a blush unto her face. I chuckled and placed a kiss on the tip of her nose. “Sweet…” she said with her head turned the other way.

 

“Yep, it was sweet. Now, let’s prepare so we can go, shall we?” I supported her as we both moved away from the chair and took our individual bath.

 

***

 

I stared in awe as I looked at Tiffany wearing the dress that I bought for her the past few weeks, I expected her to look good in it but I didn’t expect her to look this good. How it showed her dangerous curves in every possible angle, the girl that screams both innocence and beauty as it radiant around her.

 

“Wow Fany… you look so… you look amazing… very beautiful…” I gave her a smile as I reached my hands out taking hers and interlocking it with mine.

 

“T-Thanks…” she squeezed my hand a bit.

 

“Don’t worry about anything ok, I’ll be right here beside you. I won’t leave…” I assured her as I guided her to my car.

 

Feeling glad that she wasn’t enduring any hard circumstances with her foot anymore I promised myself to make this day for her very much worth it. I’ll have her enjoy her day.

 

***

 

When we reached the amusement park I opened my car door and opened hers. Out of instinct I held her hand and interlocked it with mine as I look at her calmly, assuring her that everything will be fine as long as she’s with me.

 

“Come on, let’s have fun.”

 

I let her tell me anything that she wants to try and have and I would be more than glad to comply with them, starting from the food, toys and more.

 

Though there’ll be times where I would invite her to ride some rides with me and she’ll refuse, I would still be able to tell her that everything was under control and that I wouldn’t let anything happen to her and then she would agree.

 

We rode almost all of the rides, from small to big ones, calm to intense. But I knew my limits with Tiffany’s coping ability, not wanting this fragile girl crumble I never left her side, I held her hand as long as we both could remember all throughout the day.

 

Until night came. We rode the most anticipated ride of the night, the Ferris wheel.

 

“Tiffany?” I called her since she was closing her eyes; she’s been keeping them close ever since the Ferris wheel had reached its peak. “Hey Fany? What’s wrong?” I asked softly as I captured her in my arms.

 

“Too… high…” she kept her eyes shut.

 

“Hey Fany… open them, you’re missing the fun.” I turned her around to make her look at me. “Open your eyes Fany and look at me…” I whispered.

 

She opened them slowly and met my gaze to hers. I smiled at her giving her assurance. “Don’t be afraid… I’m here with you…” I kissed her forehead and I let my lips rest there for a few seconds before pulling away. “We’re here together…”

 

She nodded slowly which made me smile. I captured her in a hug and placed her as close to me as possible. “Don’t look down… just look at me and at the wonderful scenery…” I showed her how the lights of the city looked like dozen of fireflies at night, the faint sounds bringing out a delightful rhythm.

 

From there, I felt her hands surround me in a hug as she rested her head on my shoulder. “Thanks Yuri… she muttered.

 

“For what?”

 

“For… everything…”

 

“Hm..?”

 

“For… your patience… and for… understanding me…”

 

I looked at her in the eyes intently and she stared back at mine. Like magnets, we attracted each other into a moment of love and peace. As our lips danced in a way only lovers know about.

 

I remembered everything clearly, from the very first day she stepped into my house thanks to Yoong. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have this time of life.

 

Though she was a hand full at first, I never regretted accepting her into my life. Never. The cute little moments we had together, from the way I feed her and to how I lull her to sleep. To how I try my best to calm her down, up to the point she made me smile up to the ear just by listening to my words and speaking to me beyond the softness of her voice and the fear that once overcome her.

 

Taking baby steps into her heart and mind for her to be able to let me in to her life… but what I wanted to tell her the most…

 

As our lips slowly part away from each other, “Fany… thanks you for stepping into my life and occupying my heart with your presence… for trying… though they were just small steps, baby steps… you made me happy, so thank you so much Fany-ah…” 

 

And the whole night became beyond perfect.

 

End.

***

Phew. Glad that I finished it, I got a lot of things to do so squishing this into my schedule is kinda hard, but here it is ^_^

 

Enjoy YulTi everyone. Let the soulkeeper ship sail.