Three.

Baby Steps

The clock’s hand pointed to seven in the evening and that’s when Tiffany and I both heard the doorbell ring and followed by series of knocks on the door; the pizza guy has arrived.

 

“I’ll go get the door, don’t move Fany ok?” I told her. I stood up and was about to head to the door when I felt tugging movements on my shirt. I looked at her and she acted like a baby wanting to be carried by its mother.

 

“I want… to… go with… you…” she said as she stretched her arms out.

 

“No you can’t. I won’t let you walk…” I patted her head gently.

 

“…carry…me then…” a smile was slowly carved on my lips as I saw how persistent she’s getting. I didn’t disappoint her through the progress she’s making.

 

“Ok, I’ll carry you…” I crouched down and gestured her to get on back; once I felt her arms go around my neck, that’s when I supported her legs to go around my waist. “… let’s go get the pizza now, we’ve made the pizza guy waiting…”

 

She nuzzled her face at the crook of my neck and tightened her hold. “…ok…”

 

I walked to the door and opened it revealing a young man holding our dinner for tonight. “Hey ma’am good evening, pizza delivery…” he greeted but kind of trailed off when he looked at the person I’m carrying.

 

“Yeah, good evening…” I nudged Tiffany a little to show herself.

 

“…G-Good… eve…ning…” she muttered softly but burying her face deeper on my neck.

 

“That’s good…” I reached her back with one hand and patted it. “Oh, here’s the payment. Thanks.” I gave him the money and grabbed the pizza.

 

“Y-Yes ma’am, thank you too…” and with that I closed the door and heard his motor starting and leaving the front door.

 

“Where do you want to eat Fany, the dining table or the couch?”

 

“…the…couch…”

 

“The couch it is.” We both sat on the couch; I the TV and opened the pizza. “Fany, say ahh” I picked up a slice and fed her playfully.

 

She opened wide and takes a bite on the slice, she looked at me and flashed me her gorgeous smile as she never let go of the pizza.

 

“Come on… Fany, bite it off…” I told her as I try to wiggle the pizza slowly, but she just follows it with her head. Instead of biting it off, she was chewing it but never letting it off . I just smiled at our cute interaction.

 

To make our eating time a bit more enjoyable than I was enjoying it, I took a bite at the other end of the pizza; two can play the game.

 

We both continued biting and chewing until there’s only a small portion left and just one more bite to finish it all off. Without any further a due I took the last bite as she did the same making our lips brush against one another.

 

“It makes the pizza taste even better, isn’t it?” I asked her as I laughed while she frowns a bit, her face turning her favorite color. “Waah, Fany is blushing, you liked that?”

 

With that being said she just gave a pout and grabbed a pizza slice for her own. Before she would be able to put it in , I slowly held her hand and took a bite at the slice that she was holding. I showed her a smile and signaling her to do what we did a while ago another try.

 

We continued to do just that until we finished the whole box, we never paid attention to the TV at all.

 

“You’re improving Fany… very much better than before…” I told her as I let her lay her head on my shoulder while her hands around my waist. I ran my fingers through her hair continuously.

 

“…really?...”

 

“Yep, you’re much easier to feed now.” I chuckled as I recall the memory when I first tried to feed her.

 

“…Yah…” I heard her whine.

 

“But then, I knew you liked me the first time you saw me, didn’t you?”

 

She didn’t reply as she just cuddled even closer to me. I continued running my fingers through her hair until I saw how calm her chest moved up and down and soft snores coming from her.

“Yup, much easier to feed and much easier to be put to sleep…”

 

Flashback

 

I knocked on the door of my own room before entering, not wanting her throw something at me again. Once I entered I saw her in a position that I’ve been used to for the past few days, her knees tucked in as usual.

 

I went to the middle of the room and sat there. I looked at her and how she peeked to look back at me; we remained quiet for a good few minutes before entertaining her a few questions.

 

“Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat? Anything at all?” I asked as soft and calm as possible, wanting my voice to be far from threat. She didn’t answer as she just stared at me, studying my questions and movements, but I knew the answer when the sound from her stomach betrayed her.

 

She widened her eyes a bit as she bit her lip and tries to look away, probably embarrassed, but she was so cute, very adorable. I chuckled lightly before getting up and heading down the kitchen to provide her something to eat

 

I prepared her food and went back up into the room, a tray in hand. “Hey Tiffany, here’s your food. You need to eat.”

 

She didn’t give an answer so I had no choice but to approach her, and once more she became so cautious. I saw how her hand would slowly grab the stuff toy on the bedside table; she’s going to throw something again.

 

“Hey…relax, I’m just gonna put the food down here…” I told her as calm as possible and thankfully she listened to me and she retreated her hand back. Thank god for giving me such a calming voice.

 

I placed the food down on the bed and I stepped back a few distance away from her until I reached the middle of the room once again and sat there.

 

“Go on… eat…” I smiled at her. “I didn’t put anything in there… you’ll like it…” I told her yet she never moved an inch, so I thought of something that’ll probably be a good deal for her.

 

“Ok, Tiffany… see that?...” I pointed at the group of Mickey Mouse stuff toys placed on the other side of the bed, and she darted her eyes at them. “Throw those toys at me when you liked the food that I gave you…. But if you don’t….” I pointed at the landline on the other side. “You can throw that thing on me… agreed?”

 

To ease her even more, I turned around and looked at the wall. It was very silent, but it made me smile when I heard the clashing of the utensils to the plate a sign that she was eating.

 

After a few moments I felt something small and hard being thrown at me. So she didn’t like the food? She thrown something hard but smaller, maybe because she didn’t want to hurt me, but what surprised me is that it was a Mickey Mouse stuff toy… the small and solid nose of it was the one that hit me.

 

I smiled unconsciously as I picked the toy up and looked at the empty bowl, and also the calm figure on the bed.

 

TBC.