Retrouvailles

Dreamlover

I was making my way outside when someone held my wrist , it was Hanbin ,I couldn’t help but show how happy I was that I finally could spend time with him , and chuckled as a little smirk plastered on his face .

“May I take you backstage ? “ Hanbin asked as his cheeks reddened .

My heart beat so fast inside my chest that I couldn’t even look him in the eyes  , “ I’m .. “ I was just about to say “Yes” when his phone started ringing , his eyes flew to the phone screen then re-posed on my face after he declined the call .

“You could’ve just answered , you know.. it may be something urgent “ I said with a worried look .

“I’ve been waiting for this moment for two years..” he took a step forward as I could smell his strong cologne .

 “..and I won’t allow anything to take it from me“ .  

His sudden confession took me by surprise , his words pierced my heart, I was having a brand new feeling  .. But then , my eyes met his , and they were just .. sparkless , his eyes didn’t shine the way they shone two years ago , they didn’t give me butterflies in my stomach , nor made me feel  like the prettiest girl in the world , they just couldn’t speak to me .

“Did he meet someone else ? Or did he just forget about me ? Or maybe it's just me .. and that guy- “ Hanbin’s sudden grip pulled me away from my deep thoughts , I sighed and laughed at myself , “I need to stop overthinking little things” I said under my breath.. But deep inside , I knew something was off .

We headed backstage , his arms wrapped around my shoulders .. His embrace felt so warm , and I hated myslef so much for doubting his feelings . We've made a promise 2 years ago , it might not have been said , but you know how eyes speak more than the voice ever will .. His eyes said it all .

I love you Kim Hanbin , and I could never break the promise we made , no I couldn't .