Chapter Three ➳ Evil: Thief

➳ A Fearful Thought- What is Hope?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  “And they took credit for something that wasn't  theirs”

“Ow! MY !” Myungsoo yelled just a bit too loudly as he landed onto the floor after being dropped off by the portal

 

He looked around and the portal that he came from disappeared. Yup. Myungsoo thought to himself. I’m definitely Alice in Wonderland.

 

All jokes aside, the room was very basic. It had steel walls, no windows, just a simple desk next to a steel door but with no one on it. The only thing that decorated the walls were a red clock. To be more precise, a countdown. 2 days 11 hours 37 minutes…

 

“Is anyone here?” Myungsoo yelled 

 

The echoing sounds of his voice was all the he could hear as a reply.

 

Myungsoo moved stealthily over to the isolated wooded desk. A cheap looking office wheeling chair paired up with it and was tucked underneath the table. Despite not even being close to the table, sudden short alarming beeps blared, startling Myungsoo. A metal slide suddenly appeared past trap doors at the top of one of the walls which lead to the chair at the desk. A young man, of a small figure came tumbling down the slide and landed on the chair. He cutely fixed his glasses and balanced himself before looking up at Myungsoo. 

 

Myungsoo stood there in surprise at how accurately the man fell into the chair, like as if it was a comedy cartoon. The man studied Myungsoo’s face for a seconds with a confused expression before widening his eyes to a gasp

 

“NO WAY MYUNGSOO?!” the young man explained

 

“Yes… Do I know you?”

 

“Yes! I’m maknae scientist, Dr. Shin of group 8! Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo of group 4!” The scientists that where in charge of group 8 were a bunch of Korean men who were the top scientists in the country. Ironically no Korean mutants ended up in group 8

 

“I’m so happy you’re here! Another one saved!” He mumbled to himself “Did Vernon bring you? Ah we better get inside first and eat some food, I bet your hungry.”

 

“Yeah, thanks doctor.” Myungsoo replied. And like magic, a door appeared on one of the walls and the two young men walked into a steel hallway. The lights lit up the path and with Dr. Shin’s affirmation, they began walking through the hallway and the doors closed behind them.

 

“How is Vernon by the way, how come he didn’t come with you?” Dr. Shin asked. Myungsoo had an awfully confused look on his face. He knew who Vernon was. A very popular hoobae at his school and a family friend of Hyeri.

 

“Dr… I actually don’t know how I ended up here and I’ve got no idea how Vernon is related to this.”

 

“Oh? Well…” But before Dr. Shin could continue, the door behind them slid open and came in Vernon and Hyeri.

 

 

“Myungsoo!” Hyeri ran towards the young men and aimed for Myungsoo’s chest to give him a big hug. Hyeri then broke away to greet the scientist as Vernon caught up to them. 

 

“Nice to finally meet you Hyeri!” Dr. Shin exclaimed. Hyeri smiled back and shook his hand. 

 

“Hyeri!” Vernon began “This is Dr. Shin, he and his team created the magnetic formula for his group.”

 

“Magnetic formula?” Hyeri questioned

 

“My group is able to attract magnetic objects upon command.”

 

“Cool right?” Said Vernon

 

“Yeah crazy cool.”

 

“Well, better take you kids to the sanctuary now.” Dr Shin added and continued walking down the hallway with the rest of them following him. They were walking towards a dead end, it could have been seen from the entrance but neither Myungsoo nor Hyeri attempted to protest or question. When the group arrived at the end, Dr Shin scanned his hand and the wall opened. The scene on the other side of the wall was very white. There were scientists everywhere, computers, graphs, tables full of calculations and… and other mutants…

 

Other mutants where there, all safe and happy, chatting to each other and playing around with their powers. Then, what seemed to be a boss like scientist, nudged another authoritative scientist, pointing towards the groups direction. The man that was nudged had hair was turning grey and wore a more elderly style of glasses compared to the chic black rims that Dr. Shin had. He then came jogging towards them.

 

“It very pleasing to know that we have saved two more mutants.” the man said with a happy tone. Suddenly his face turned disapproving after seeing a red flash coming from the necks of Myungsoo and Hyeri. “Dr Shin!!!! Why have you not taken their trackers out yet?” he scolded.

 

“I… uh… I… Sorry Dr Choi, I couldn’t find the removal gun.” he apologised

 

“They are definitely in the draw of the desk at the entrance, did you not check?”

 

“Ohhhhh…. I’m sorry sir I forgot.”

 

“Its fine maknae, you’ll eventually get it.” Dr. Choi encouraged before opening a safe next to them and pulling out a device with an unimaginably huge needle at the tip of it. Myungsoo and Hyeri’s eyes widened and jaw dropped as they eyed the device Dr. Choi was holding. Vernon stood at the back chuckling with a ‘I had to go through that and now its your turn’ kind of expression. 

 

“Now this may look very intimidating but you will barely even feel it.” Dr Choi tried to comfort the two. 

 

“Uh….. ladies first.” Myungsoo said pushing Hyeri towards Dr. Choi. The scientist then grab held of Hyeri to keep her still before ejecting the tracker out of her. Wincing at the pain, Hyeri clenched her teeth as she saw the pea size red light come out of her skin. Dr. Choi placed a bandaid over wound and held it tight to prevent any extra bleeding. He placed the tracker in water explaining that once the tracker no longer feels a heartbeat it will switch off by itself and cuts off the GPS tracking. 

 

“It would take a while for the GPS to calibrate its location especially if you’ve been brought to such an isolated place like here, so it should be okay and that the government shouldn’t have had any idea where you are. Right now they would probably assume you are dead.” Dr. Choi continued to explain. “Now my boy, it’s your turn.”

 

 

The environment felt heavy, and her head was still spinning despite trying really hard to keep conscious. Jisoo woke up to the sight of an IV drip that lead to her right hand. A sting occurred on her hip as she sat up from her hospital bed. She looked over to the sting, finding that she had several patches of burn marks on the left side of her body. 

 

“Ah… at last the champion has woken.” A deep man voice said.

 

Jisoo looked over to where the voice came from. She recognised the man, he was one of the government offici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter