Chapter Two ➳ Seeing: Blue

➳ A Fearful Thought- What is Hope?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  “I'd never thought I'd see a Pretty Blue Tunnel after I died”

Thrid person POV

 

“WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!!” 

 

“Gosh, Irene chill.”

 

Irene sighed at Jisoo’s comment as she placed the device back into her belt. Jisoo then looked into her at her own device, and just like Irene’s it read “NO SIGNAL OF MUTANT LOCATION” in flashing red.

 

“We’ll go to Incheon airport for now, they were heading that way anyways. Eventually they’ll be there.” Jisoo said trying to again be the calm and rational one.

 

The sun has just finished its time above the horizon. The weather had started to become more chilly by the ocean as the waves gently smashed against the bay. Jisoo and Irene hugged their bomber jackets in tighter and picked up their pace. 

 

With a simple flick of their permits to kill the mutants, Irene and Jisoo transported to Incheon airport through an offical service that was nearby.   Since discovering about the fact that they had lost signal of Myungsoo and Hyeri’s whereabouts on their devices, the girls were a little more anxious then before. 

 

It was getting late and the pair were getting tired as their usual rest times where approaching. Nothing was being conversed between the two girls during their ride to the airport.

 

As they approached the entrance of the airport Irene broke the silence “We should get some rest and call it a day”

 

Jisoo hummed in agreement.

 

“Irene,” Jisoo began “Do you believe that everything is going to be okay?”

 

“Of course Jisoo. We will go to Mars. With our families as well. And enjoy our lives there.”

 

“I hope so.”

 

 

 

“64 hours to go…” Hyeri mumbled to herself

 

“Come on we better get going.” Myungsoo said as he walked towards the hotel entrance 

 

After a whole argument of who got to use the bathroom to brush their teeth first, the two put their black caps on and thought it was best to see what Incheon airport had install for them.

 

Hyeri and Myungsoo mentally agreed with each other, to not say good bye to the ahjumma.

 

With that being said the two of them headed to the airport. It was quite a walk, Hyeri had to admit that. Despite it being perhaps one of the closest hotels to the airport, it was no walking distance. The pair nevertheless, went there by foot, avoiding the main street of course. 

 

Jisoo, from her slouching position half against the wall suddenly shot up. “We’ve got a sighting of them!” She said as she crunched on the honey soy chip that was in . Dusting off of her crumbs, Irene sat up from the floor and quickly reached for her device and too saw the last seen location of Hyeri and Myungsoo. It was a few hundred metres outside of on of the entrances to the airport. 

 

During the past night, Jisoo and Irene have been wandering around the main entrance to the airport and have found a spot near the customs entrance in which they claimed it as their spot to camp out until they find Hyeri and Myungsoo. There were vandalised vending machines already in which the girls took snacks from.

 

Outside and around the airport there were people camping for the 48 hour mark. Those without a permit and a security check done were not allowed pass the customs point. 

 

While staring intensely at their screens Jisoo and Irene began to plot. While fiddling through their supplied gear, they planned step by step on how to take out the pair of mutants. They had kept an extreme close eye on their tracker, ready to make the right move. 

 

“We better execute this quickly. They should be coming through one of the doors near the west of the airport.” Jisoo said seriously 

 

“Alright, we’ve got this.” Irene replied as they loaded their guns, armed and ready for when Myungsoo and Hyeri arrive. 

 

The two girls began to scan the airport closer and be on the lookout for the two mutants. 

 

It was hard to get in. People where not allowed into the airport at all unless they passed the first check at the entrance of whether they were invited with their status or not. Sneaking in it is…

 

 

Next to a vending machine, there was another one of the LCD screens which had the faces of the 99 mutants. 47 undead. It read in bold at the top right corner and underneath the faces 47 “undead” ones here in colour, the other in greyscale. There was still hope for the remaining 47 to survive, though. Suddenly the screen refreshed. 46 undead. A man from Sweden, executed while in Poland. 

 

There were no security guarding the check-in area when you go in from the main entrances. There were clearly people who where able to sneak in. There was no use however, as they would kick you out at customs. 

 

“They are passing security checks again.” Hyeri stated as she looked pass the customs entrance. The two of them backed away, knowing clearly that they will not be able to pass. 

 

“To check to see if you deserve to live. How pathetic.” Myungsoo muttered 

 

Hyeri attempted to brush the subject off. 

 

“Who do you think where the people that were on to us. You know, when we were near the river.” Hyeri had said almost too casually

 

It was clear that Myungsoo had an annoyed face on. Myungsoo was a little bit of a human rights believer. Not completely an activist though. Coming from a well off yet not rich family, his group of friends at school had a vast demographic of classes, leading him to be more open minded about this topic. 

 

Myungsoo shrugged and kept silent 

 

“okay fine mister grouch face.”

 

Myungsoo loosened up and gave off a slight chuckle. His smile suddenly disappeared and his eyes widened at the sight that was a few decent metres behind Hyeri.

 

BANG.

 

Abruptly, the two of then covered their ears and ducked. A few of the Check-in counters and the stands around them have been blown up which lead to a series of screams. Waves of heat hit them as they then ran for their lives. Parts o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter