Prologue

➳ A Fearful Thought- What is Hope?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  “it was like a kill or  be killed  kind of situation”

Hyeri's POV

My parents always believed in me. They cried and so did I, but they understood. They toughened up and trusted me. I would never love someone more than I do to my parents. When the news broke out that the world wanted the 99 to be dead, that they wanted me dead, my parent believed in me so that I would survive. The day I left for the lab was the day I last saw my parents. The next time we see each other will be a reunion in Mars. We’ll live their safely. I promise them. I mentally promised them that is. On the day I left we said to think of this as me going on a vacation and that I’ll be back like normal. But l hope we have telepathy or something and that they would do rational actions. They better not cry, and they better just let time bring us together. 

 

It felt like it was just yesterday that I was in high school chatting to friends about life. My best friend Kim Jisoo and I would go shopping and look for prom dresses and drink starbucks and do what normal teenagers would do! And graduation? Our graduation was great! Happy tears were shed when we moved onto the next chapter of our lives, not like the sad ones shed when you find your going to become injected to become a lab rat.

 

To be honest, the scientists were good people, very good people. They tried saving us. They did the best they could to keep us away from being harmed by the government. Despite being failures they still cared for us. What the governments don’t know is that the scientists injected us with a virus which mixed in with a psychological enhancement they gave us before and it made us able to morph into someone else. But the morphing is to be done in one condition. We can only morph into someone we have killed. 

 

~2 months ago~

 

“We have just over 2 months until what scientists allegedly say its the ‘end of the world’. “ They news reporter began.

 

“To be precise its actually 62 days and 19 hours” my sister said. She was studying at KAIST for a chemistry degree and knew all about this.

 

People have been going crazy. They’ve lit churches, schools and even shopping centres on fire. More people have been doing drugs and people stopped trying to have children. What if the ‘earth’s explosion’ was just all a hoax? Then people would feel stupid to find out that they are alive.

 

My father, mother, elder sister and younger brother were all sitting around the dinner table enjoying our meal as the news played on the television. I watched the news anchor begin this report on how another project has yet again failed to get humans able to live on Mars. The greatest, smartest scientists have have gathered at a head quarters in America to save humanity. The reporter then began talking about the new project scientists are going to hold.

 

“The latest project the scientist have decided to hold is Project FEAR. FEAR stands for free earth and reverse. These scientist have been testing new chemicals which are to be used to create super humans. The United Nation have agreed to let specimens from many different countries to come to the head quarters in Washington in order to test out these formulas.”

 

“Wow!!!!” my brother said 

 

“Isn’t that dangerous.” my mother added

 

“I heard that the formulas have been tested so many times that they made it harmless to a normal healthy human being.” My sister replied

 

“Really? Thats so cool!” Little brother said

 

“Yeah, I heard it from the science nerds at uni. Well I’m done now.” she said as she wiped with her napkin. “I have to go study for my exam.” 

 

“Alright off you go.” Mother said.

 

-the next day-

 

Today I got a letter. It went along the lines of ‘you have been selected’. Mother cried. Sister cried. Dad almost teared up as well. And brother… well he was optimistic… but eventually began to cry “NOONAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!” he cried and screamed. I don’t want to let my family have pain because of me.

 

Today we just let everything sink in and accept reality. My family are kind of realists, not trying to delude themselves and try to live life without regrets. 

 

-few days later-

 

I just got my picture taken and it is to be filed. Next week I’m supposed to be going to the lab and begin Project FEAR. I have to fly to America as the lab was located there. These 105 people were from all over the world. Asian, European, Africans, you name it but I wasn’t going a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter