Chapter One ➳ Wanted: dead

➳ A Fearful Thought- What is Hope?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  “and even my best friend is out to  kill  me”

Third Person POV

Jealousy 

Fear

Cheat

 

Being just army trained was not enough now. For the government those words above were like Jesus to a Christian. These are just some of the things that the government looked for when finding a person to kill others. Finding people who were shameless and let attention take over them was crucial. 

 

 

“Yes, I understand” Jisoo chanted along with a few other young adults.

 

“You are permitted to execute, end, even annihilate. Do you or do you not understand?”

 

“I understand!” The group once again said

 

“You are to leave no emotional attachment, your victories will be praised.” Jisoo cringed at that sentence. She breathed out a long breath and reminded herself that Hyeri is not her side. The group stood there, under authority, theoretically being ‘brainwashed’ by them. She, as Hyeri’s friend, was targeted to do this mission. The mission to make sure these mutants are part of our history.

 

“But if you hurt normal humans you will be the one being executed”.

 

With that, everyone swallowed. Just be careful Jisoo thought to herself. 

 

“These beings are no longer human, they’ve become creatures, monsters, terrorists. Do you or do you not understand?”

 

“I understand!” At this moment, Jisoo was determined to kill. Determined to do what was patriotic. Determined to be praised.

 

"Jeon Hyeri... you will go down." Jisoo mumbled to herself.

 

In high school, despite it being the complete opposite of her image, Jisoo was part of army cadets as an extracurricular activity. With this in the records, the United Nations has gotten South Korea to get a small amount of citizens to secretly be out there and kill the ones of the 99 who are Korean. Jisoo already had training in high school and the government heard through the grapevine that she was also Hyeri’s friend. Jisoo would be one of the perfect candidate to do some killing. She wasn’t actually brainwashed, no they don’t have that kind of power yet, but she was heavily bribed. 

 

The government armed the members a belt that made it look like ‘the real deal’. It had a handgun with a few rounds of ammo in a pocket next to it. On the other side there were 2 grenades and a few spare pockets. But one of the pockets weren’t empty. Jisoo felt a small device in it but decided to check out what it was later when they were dismissed. With the belt equipped, they were handed a shot gun. Jisoo smirked when her hand touched the smooth metal of the gun. Sh*t just got real. 

 

Getting Jisoo to become part of the governments side was very difficult. Ever heard of hoes before bros? Sisters before misters? Well this time it was sisters before stupid authoritative s rather than misters. But Jisoo had a weakness. The government had no fear to use it against her. Before you knew it, Jisoo stood there, proud to be selected to kill 

 

"You are now dismissed." With that the small group of armed young adults began their search to kill the mutants.

 

“Come on Irene, we better get going.” Jisoo began “We have to get them before they manage to get themselves to Mars.”

 

“Its quite nerve wrecking honestly.” Irene looked up.

 

She was kneeling on one knee as she was tying up her Timberland Boots. She looked back down at her knot and pulled it tight before picking up her shot gun and stood up. 

 

Irene was Jisoo’s friend from Cadets. Just like Jisoo, she was very pretty, elegant and innocent looking yet she was just as strong and passionate. Irene joined to be part of the mission in order to get her family priority in the trip to Mars. Upper class, authorities, celebrities and high profile professions were usually the ones to be sent first and so they were. Middle class families were the least important in terms of getting them to Mars and lower class people were not even considered to be allowed on the ship. One of the promises given by the government doing the mission was that they and their families get prioritised on a high class ship to Mars. And that was enough for Irene.

 

“We only have a few days to find them.”

 

“Yeah, which is why we better get going. You know what commander said. That if we don’t get them before the world’s explosion we’ll be staying on earth and blow up with it.”

 

Irene nodded and gazed at the floor, a little nervous about the mission ahead of them

 

“Hey, you said you had two friends that were mutated right?” Irene said trying to get her mood back up.

 

“Yup. If we get them both and hand them in then you can get what you want and I can get what I want.”

 

“You know they didn’t give us some very clear instructions. Like do they expect us to just assume that they are in Seoul or something?” Irene did have a point there.

 

“Hmm your right…” Jisoo tapped her chin. She then looked up and made an O with . “Did you have this ’thing’ in one of your belt pockets?”

 

Jisoo turned her hip and opened the pocket with the device she felt earlier. She took it and it was in a shape of a Gameboy. Irene copied her and opened her pocket, finding a device just like Jisoo’s

 

“Looks kinda old fashioned…” Irene said as she examined the device more.

 

“We’ll see what it does.” Jisoo and Irene both their screens 

 

“Mutants in South Korea.” Jisoo began reading out loud on what was on the screen. “Select the mutant you want to kill and they will be your target. Select carefully as you can not change. There is exactly one mutant to one killer. It will be unfair if you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter