One lie after the other

Their Little Charade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A letter came, just a day before Yonghwa and Seohyun’s marriage.

 

“For whom is it?” Yonghwa asked the mailman

 

“For Seo Joo Hyun, please sign here…” he replied, he motioned where to sign the ‘received’ document “Komawo-yo”

 

Yonghwa’s forehead creased as he stared at the return address. It was from Seoul “Would it be??” he didn’t like what he’s thinking but the letter on his hand is a glaring evidence of what he is suspecting. How did her parents find out she was here in Busan?

 

“Seohyun-ah!” he called from outside her room. He heard no answer. He knocked on her door before he opened it and there he saw her fast asleep, her oversized shirt rolled up to her small waist making her black laced bikini visible, he swallowed hard.

 

Seohyun was lying on her back with legs spread out on different directions, as if waiting for some divine grace to come. Sweat formed on his forehead as he contemplated on what to do, he started to walk out the door but then he remembered the letter, he sighed. Seohyun needs to know what this letter is all about. This is urgent.

 

He walked beside her bed and tapped her thigh. “Yah! Seohyun-ah, wake up!”

 

Instead of waking up she just mumbled something, her lips then scratched her stomach just above her navel. Yonghwa’s jaw dropped to the floor

 

“Seohyun-ah!” he said after he recovered “Wake up!” he squeezed her cheeks in process

 

“uuuuunnnnggggghhhh……. Myo-yah?” Seohyun opened her eyes and fixed her clothes in a hurry after she saw Yonghwa “Why are you here?”

 

“A letter came from Seoul, I have a feeling it’s from your parents” he said trying his best not to stare on her bikini. “Here”

 

With heart thumping hard, Seohyun opened the envelope, and read the letter, her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Read it aloud, Seohyun-ah” Yonghwa said, he sat beside her so he can read the letter as well

 

“Dear Seohyun” she started “If you think you can get married without us knowing; then you’re greatly mistaken. It’s true that you’re of age, but that doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want without consulting us. We are your parents, we have every right to know who you’re marrying with. And yes, we already know Yonghwa but we also wanted to know his family. Wait for us, we’ll be there as soon as possible. You are not going to marry unless we got there. Love Mom and Dad”

 

They looked at each other for a while. Their eyes were the ones that did the talking. Then Seohyun sighed as she returned the letter inside its envelope.

 

“Otokaji?” she stated, worried. “I can’t disobey them, or else they would disown me.”

 

He sighed “When are they coming?”

 

“The letter says ‘as soon as possible’, they might be on their way, after they deal with some stuff, that is” she replied

 

“If so, they might arrive tomorrow, just before our wedding” he said hopeful. He said a silent prayer that they will arrive as early as possible so they won’t have to postpone the wedding.

 

Seohyun’s mind was whirling on other things though, “Oppa, how did my parents know about our marriage?”

 

“Molla, I also wanted to ask you the same question” he said, a bubble of doubt started… nah! Seohyun wouldn’t

 

“My aunts?” Yonghwa said instead

 

“Dangyunhaji! They’re the only ones that are against our marriage. Did you tell them where I live?” she asked while her eyes bulged at him

 

Yonghwa was deep in thought and then he said “The other day, Aunt Tess asked where you’re working, maybe they called your workplace and asked”

 

Seohyun took a deep breath “Otokaji? My parents are not against you. They just wanted to witness my marriage? How are we going to explain that?”

 

Their eyes met, sending each other silent messages through it.

 

“Oppa, talk to grandpa” she suggested after she broke the stare

 

“What am I going to say?” Yonghwa asked

 

“The most important thing is not to lose grandpa’s trust. He has the money. So tell him that you already talked to my parents and that they understood that we love each other. And tell him that they’re coming to our wedding” her pretty little brain is working now. She smirked

 

“And we have to postpone the wedding” Yonghwa said. He doesn’t like that but Seohyun has a point.

 

“Okay” he stood “Yah, will you get out of bed already? It’s 9 o’clock in the morning and you were still asleep. That’s why you’re always being scolded by the old maids”

 

“I slept late last night”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“I was thinking of something” And she has no intention whatsoever to let Yonghwa know what she was thinking

 

She was thinking about him. Lately, she has caught herself doing just that. It’s like she just realized that her friend is a guy. It’s the first time she discovered his appeal.

 

--

 

Her parents arrived after 2 days, Yonghwa already talked with his grandpa and he understood their predicament.

 

Now, there they are sitting on the sofa just after dinner, she looks at her parents’ and his grandpa’s seriou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter