Mark of GOT7

Between You and Me// A OneShot Request Shop

A really big thanks to Skyelar for being the first to subscribe and request <3

 

Mark; GOT7; OC (Sophia); OC is in a relationship with Mark, and when she is diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, she cries to herself and decides to keep it a secret from Mark. However, he ends up finding out and comforts her/makes her feel better.

 

Hope you enjoy!

 

Recommended BGM: 괜찮아요 (It's Okay) by BTOB

 

Together, We Are Strong;

 

Feeling extremely weak, Sophia dragged herself from her room to the bathroom. It was the sixth time she had to go relieve herself that day, and it was still only morning. Once out of the bathroom, she looked over to the wall to check the time, but could barely read the clock. Her vision was all blurred, which was unusual; Sophia had close-to-perfect vision.

 

Something was wrong. She rubbed her eyes in increased agitation; why was her body suddenly acting like this?

 

“I should stop by the doctor’s,” Sophia muttered, pulling her hair into a ponytail. She grabbed her wallet and keys and set out for a cab. “Samsung Hospital, please,” she said to the driver.


Halfway through the ride, Sophia’s phone started ringing obnoxiously in her pocket. Flustered by the sudden loud noise that broke the silence in the taxi, she hurriedly reached into her pocket and answered without even looking at the caller.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Good morning, love.” It was Mark. A smile spread on her face as soon as she heard his deep, caring voice through the speaker. Mark was Sophia’s boyfriend, and the two were a famous campus couple at college. The two had been together for a little over two years now, but they still cherished each other like they had just met yesterday.

 

Mark and Sophia were in the midst of a typical daily conversation when the taxi driver announced that they had arrived. “Wait a minute, Mark,” Sophia said, as she handed the driver what she owed and thanked him. “I’m back now, Mark. What were you saying?”

 

“Oh, nothing important. Are you out right now?” Sophia hummed in response, and Mark asked her sweetly, “Where you at, Soph?” Sophia hesitated a bit before she responded that she was headed to the coffee shop to meet her friend.

 

Sophia’s lie was a small act of consideration on her part. Mark had been extremely stressed the past few weeks due to work: the boiling pressure and extreme workload put upon him from his superiors was making him extremely fatigued. She didn’t want to worry or bother him for the time being.

 

“Hey, Mark, my friend’s here. I’ll call you back soon?”

 

page_divider11_zps27b98a7b.png

 

Sophia stared blankly at the bleak, white wall across from her, as she leaned heavily against the door.

 

“You have Type 1 Diabetes.” Those five words lingered in her head. She suddenly squatted down, covering her face with her hands. Tears started to well in her eyes, so she squeezed them shut, burying her face deeper into her palm of her hands.

 

She was scared. Scared, overwhelmed, emotional, and confused. The doctor assured her that treatment for her condition was advanced, reliable extremely helpful. But Sophia wasn’t sure if she would be able to cope well enough. She knew how much time and effort went into diabetes management, she knew about the deadly complications related to diabetes: heart damage, eye damage, neuropathy, birth defects… Finally, tears began to pour out of Sophia’s eyes like a waterfall. Her phone suddenly rang loudly, distracting Sophia from her pessimistic train of thoughts. Seeing that the caller was Mark, Sophia cleared her voice in an attempt to hide the fact that she was crying.

 

“H-Hey, Mark.” Sophia internally slapped herself; her conspicuously nasally voice and nervous-sounding stutter were extreme “give-away”s that she had been crying. However, Mark didn’t seem to notice, most likely due to the bad sound quality of the phone call.

 

“Soph, are you at the coffee shop with your friend right now?”

 

“Yeah, I am.” Pulling away from the phone, Sophia sniffled and wiped her tears.

 

“What did you order from the cafe?”

 

“Uhm,” Sophia stuttered. “Vanilla latte. Why do you ask?”

 

There was a slight pause before Mark said, “Vanilla latte? Soph, I think it would be more accurate to say that you were drinking from a bucket of your tears.”

 

(Video Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkGDB3Exvk)
 

Sophia’s eyes widened immediately, and she raised her head from her hands. All the way at the end of the hallway was Mark, who was staring straight into Sophia’s eyes. As soon as she saw him, Sophia instinctively ran towards his direction, and Mark walked sturdily towards her. The two  met in a strong embrace, and Mark’s arms wrapped around Sophia, who started crying like a little baby in its mother’s arms.

 

When Sophia seemed to calm down, Mark asked her gently about what happened, not daring to let her go. Still buried in his embrace, Sophia tried to avoid his questions, but eventually ended up telling him everything. Once she was finished, Mark ran his hand up and down her back.

 

“Soph, you are one of the strongest, most independent, and most determined woman and fighter I’ve ever seen. Even when obstacles and challenges are hurled at you, you always overcome them, and you don’t know how much I admire, envy, and respect you for that. You can overcome this obstacle, too, like what you’ve been doing all along. And always know you have me by your side. If things become too overwhelming, I always have your back. We can win this together, and you know it.”

 

At his meaningful, heartfelt, and encouraging words, Sophia felt her initial fears and doubts slowly dissipating. He was right: she could get through this, and he would be there to help her. She pulled away from the hug and smiled.

 

“Thank you for this, Mark. I really needed it.”

 

He smiled at her genuine response and wordlessly hugged her again.

 

 

page_divider11_zps27b98a7b.png

tumblr_nu37ztZE8o1ufqs72o1_500.jpg

Gah, hope it was good!

I chose the OC's name as Sophia because I wasn't sure if you wanted the story in second person perspective or third. Please correct me if you were expecting something else.

Everyone, make sure to check out Skeylar's EXO Oneshot Shop!

 

Signing off,

lefttostay