Doubt.

Scammed.

The police had shown up at the hospital shortly after they arrived.

 

Kibum got anxious seeing the police officers, afraid that they had found out about his scamming. He only relaxed a little when they began asking him to recount how Jonghyun’s accident happened. He told them that they were standing on the sidewalk when suddenly Jonghyun pushed him a few feet away and all he saw afterwards was Jonghyun lying in the middle of the street while a car drove off. The police asked him to sign a few things before going to investigate the area and check the surveillance cameras, as well as interrogate a few witnesses.

Jonghyun was taken immediately to the ER, while Kibum had been taken for examination, but he only came back with a minor cut on his eyebrow and a few bruises. He refused to get stitches because that meant it would take longer for him to get back to Jonghyun, and he didn't really care about getting a scar, either. His thoughts were occupied with what was possibly happening behind the closed doors.

“How is he? Tell me he’ll be okay,” Kibum frantically grabbed the doctor’s arm, gripping it tightly when the man walked out of the surgery room. It was a hectic scene once the doctor came out, since everyone who was waiting in the lobby stood up and began talking at once. Jonghyun’s mom was on the verge of tears while his sister was comforting her. His friends were all asking for the answer Kibum was itching to hear.

“His injuries aren’t too serious but… he lost a lot of blood,” the doctor sighed. “We need a blood transfusion. Is anyone here a type A, B, AB, or O?” Kibum stopped shaking the man, frozen at the mention of blood. The room was silent as everyone exchanged looks, silently volunteering each other with their eyes.

“I’ll do it,” Jinki finally said and stood, a nervous look on his face. “I’m O.”

The doctor nodded, leading the boy away. Kibum felt panic rush through him until he remembered that the doctor said the injuries weren’t that serious. Even though that calmed him down a little, that didn’t stop him from pacing around the lobby, his eyes glued to the door that led to the room Jonghyun’s surgery was being taken place. Jinki returned a few minutes later, his face pale with a hard expression, and a cotton ball taped to his arm. Taemin rubbed his back as he sat down.

It all felt like a really bad dream. Kibum didn’t understand how at one moment felt like he was at the top of the world and then the next he was quickly spiraling back down. Waiting for Jonghyun to get out of surgery hindered time to pass, hours flying by until Minho and Taemin announced their parents needed to get back home. Jinki had left shortly after, promising to be there as soon as Jonghyun woke up, so it left Kibum alone with Jonghyun’s family.

It was almost 6 in the morning when the doctor informed them that Jonghyun was in stable condition and they were just waiting for him to wake up. The relief that coursed through Kibum’s body knocked him down into the nearest chair, breathing normally for the first time that night. Jonghyun was going to be okay.

Kibum suddenly realized how exhausted he was. Jonghyun’s mom assured him that she would let him know when her son woke up. He nodded, leaving the hospital and taking the bus home. The ride there allowed Kibum to organize his thoughts and feelings, replaying the night’s events in his head. He closed his eyes, leaning his head on the bus window as the night vividly flashed behind his eyes.

He couldn’t come up with what he was going to tell Jonghyun when he woke up. Should he thank him? It was obvious the older male had pushed him in order to save him, yet there was still that empty hole in his chest. Jonghyun was the first person in his life whom Kibum was starting to care for, but all that Kibum had been doing to him is just hurt him over and over again.

There was also the problem that he didn’t know if he liked Jonghyun as more than a friend, or if he even considered him one. Love had never been a subject he was familiar with, so now that he was overthinking it, he was doubting the fluttering in his stomach he had felt while dancing at Jonghyun’s concert. Infatuation, that had to be it. He even started to doubt Jonghyun’s feelings, now that he had let the negative thoughts take over.

As Kibum walked home, he grew more and more certain about how he felt. He found it strange how someone could just fall in love in a short time period, especially since Jonghyun knew nothing about Kibum, so how could he claim that he liked him? Besides, Kibum caused him enough pain already. It would be incredibly selfish of him to hold onto Jonghyun and try to make something work out, when he wasn’t even sure there was anything there at all.

No, he needed to just stick to the plan: Convince his friends he had a boyfriend and once they left, break it off with Jonghyun.

Even if that meant breaking Jonghyun's heart.


hey guys! supeeeer short chapter, i know :( school started for me and its been so stressful already but i wanted to post as soon as i could. the only problem is, i have writer's block again :// i guess you guys should expect an update every saturday or so? don't take my word for it though. also i'm working on another story! its going to be a 2min oneshot so i hope you stay tuned for that~! as always thank you guys so much T_T please comment and subscribe maybe?