Chapter 1: The End

Let's Not Fall In Love

Dara's POV.


At about seven years old, my mom warned me about how guys can be so dangerous and bad. She advised me about guys on streets that hurt people and those who make girls cry. “They’re mean.” – I thought to myself. She warned me about different guys whom I should never get acquainted with but never the guy with brown eyes and lovely smile.

At ten, I compared having a crush on someone like a soft sea wave crashing on the seashore – peaceful and calm. It was perfect just as how we got to go home together after school riding your dad’s car. How my mom makes tasty snacks whenever you drop by our house to watch our favorite movies. How you let me play my favorite game in your XBOX whenever mom and dad drop me off at yours.  And with you, I never thought I could be that happy.

At eleven, I thought it was all just because our parents are close friends – that maybe I was over thinking about something else. But as much as how I turn the world upside down – it was definitely a crush. We often got teased at school for having the same lunch which was made by mom, about having the same ride at school, and how they think our parents both wanted us for each other. Then it went on until we were thirteen.

And at thirteen, for almost four years of having the same ride to and from the school, I didn’t realize how my affection for you grows deeper. Every time you laugh, your eyes sparkle like stars at night. Your smile was meant to shine my day just as how the sun rises to shine for people. And so I believed I was already falling out of love. My heart raced as if it was leaving my chest. I was anxious of that feeling I never even understood. Your fingers gave me goose bumps whenever it touches mine. I was never once excited to go to school until I sorted everything up in my head – everything between you and me. And came the day I decided to confess – all ready to go to school, a bus honked at our front yard. I didn’t even bother to check until my dad told me to hop in.

For once, I missed a ride to school with you. And you never showed up since then.

And at thirteen, I compared love as a hurricane. It may look pretty at long range and may stay shorter than a minute but the pain it results was excruciating. I never thought how painful it is to be hurt by a lovely smile like yours. And so I wasted weekends thinking how your brown eyes captivated my poor heart. You were the kind of guy my mom forgot to warn me about.

As I go on, I spent pretty much of my time thinking if we need to fall in love in order to live happily ever after. All these thoughts I never even imagined to be thinking at fourteen passed my mind as if it was a calamity.

At seventeen, I was eager to fall in love just as how girls at my school wanted to drag guys around them. I was keen of finding a guy who would satisfy the mystery of my belief. But as much as I want to find someone, I was scared of having left behind. Just as I reckon - people leave, don’t they? I can’t believe how my little fairy tale ends without knowing the characters just because I know the plot isn’t going the way I wanted it to be. This was all because of that hurricane that once lived up to my expectation of being a princess but then eventually ruining the kingdom of my happy ending.


A/N: I honestly don't know how this was written. But I was contemplating of writing Jiyong's POV. Hmmm. (i know this came short pls dont h8 me huhu) Anyways, subscribe! 

-koraens