Chapter 8: Memories

Erase

Baekhyun got off from his car and kicked the door closed. He wanted to tell Yixing who he saw and wanted to confirm his guesses. He knew if he asks him this question, it might triggered his memory box. He shrugged off the thoughts. It’s about time anyways. Hyuna seems to be out of her mind as well.. he thought and entered the building. He greeted Minyoung, the girl who was at the counter table, playing with her phone before running upstairs. 

For some reasons, his heartbeat was beating so fast. Baekhyun knew exactly which room Yixing will use because, well, they were practically brothers from another mother. They had been growing up together ever since. His steps stop in front of a room that wasn’t Yixing’s. following his guts, he knocked and pushed the door inwards. 

His jaw dropped and eyes widened in pure shock. “H-Hyuna..” he pointed his finger at her who was standing in front of Jiwon. “Baek..Hyun… what are you..?” 

“Shut it.. Why the hell is this guy doing here?” he snapped at her, making the girl to bite her tongue even harder. Jiwon stood up and fixed his shirt. A cocky smile was drawn across his face. “Hyuna, if you’re not going to tell, I will,” he threatened her. Hyuna instantly pulled his arm. “No. I’ll handle this myself. Please,” she pleaded. Jiwon looked at her and sighed. No matter how coldblooded and angry he was, he just couldn’t surpass her. You can say his only weakness was her, Hyuna. 

Jiwon stormed out from the room and purposely hit his shoulder with Baekhyun’s on his way out, just to piss the guy even more. Baekhyun rolled his eyes then stared at Hyuna. He crossed his arms across his chest. “Explanation. Now.” He said sternly. The boy walked closer to her and stood right in front of the girl who was almost the same height as him. 

“I.. Jiwon.. We..”

“Straight to the ing point, Kim Hyuna.”

“Jiwon and I are friends! God, even before he got kick out. Even before all of these happened. Before he lost his memory and before I became an insane little !!” she screamed, letting out all of her frustration to her best friend. Baekhyun was once again speechless with the sudden burst. First was about the guy and now about his best friend being friends with some ty jerk. “Don’t even have the ing urge to tell me that I cannot be friends with Jiwon because I will not stop meeting him. Ever.” she gritted her teeth, holding back her tears. 

Baekhyun closed his eyes and heaved a deep sigh. “I’m going to tell him-”

“No need to, Baek. I heard everything,” 

A voice suddenly approached from behind. The two of them shifted their gaze to the owner of the voice who was standing at the door frame with his hand crossed. Hyuna’s chest literally throbbed to the max, she was having a hard time to breathe. Even Baekhyun was having a hard time to breathe because of the whole thing that was happening at the moment. He didn’t mean for Yixing to know about it in this way. 

Yixing pushed his hair off from his sweaty forehead and sighed. “Ya, you. Follow me,” he gestured at Baekhyun to follow him. He was hesitating but ended up following Yixing anyways. Baekhyun turned around for a moment to see Hyuna who was staring at him. Tears were falling down like the water fall for her and the only thing he can do to stop it was coming back to her but he left.  

 

-

 

“What else that you know about me, Byun Baekhyun?” he asked with such monotone that sent chills towards the smaller boy. Baekhyun took a sip on his carbonated drink and sighed. “You might hate everyone if you know the truth Yixing ah,” he looked into Yixing’s eyes to search for any hesitations in him but, unfortunately, there was none. “I already am hating everyone. Including myself. What is there left to love.” instead of sounding like a question, it was more like a statement. 

 

“I’m going. You have to understand me. There are a lot of chances and opportunities for me if I follow them to Beijing. Hyuna, don’t you want me to set my wings up high?” Yixing asked, gripping on both of her shoulders, staring at nothing but the girl in front of him. She was tearing up. She knew that this day would come but she didn’t expect it to be so soon. They were only 15..

“I know but you’re leaving me. We enter that school as duo Yixing. I can’t do it on my own.” she protested. “Thus, you promised you will leave when we graduated. At least, graduate with me,” she pleaded, holding on to his muscular arms. Yixing bit his lips and let her go. “I wanted to enter the school so badly Hyuna ya.. and I was too scared to go alone that time. I gained my confidence now. You should be proud.”

“I am proud of you. Always, Zhangyi. But this doesn’t have to be like this.” 

The boy sighed and looked at her for one last time. They both exchanged stares for a moment before he spoke, “If you love me, you’ll wait,” and by that he lifted his bag and left the room, without turning back. Hyuna wanted to chase him but her legs wont move and she dropped to the floor, bursting out in tears. “I had always wait for you, Zhangyi. Why can’t you just give me a chance?”


Days passed, and finally the day that Yixing was left was tomorrow. Hyuna had tried so many times calling him but he didn’t pick up. Frustrated, she just laid on her bed with Jongin and Baekhyun sitting both on her side. Her eyes were puffy and nose was red. It hurt the other two boys to see their best friend acting like this when all this time, she was the toughest and care-free person out of all of them. “I can’t believe Yixing do this to me,” she covered eyes with her arms. Baekhyun, the closest to Hyuna besides Yixing, held her hand, trying to calm her down. 

“i entered that damn school because of him and he knew how bad my condition was. My waist is ed up now and he broke his promise. Can life get any better?!” 

The two boys exchanged look. Both of them weren’t so good at persuading people so they just stay quiet. Hyuna moved her arms from her eyes. “Jongin ah, Yixing is close with you right?” 

He nodded. 

She reached out her hand towards him. “Give me your phone.” Jongin gave it to her without even thinking twice. If that could calm her down, then he wouldn’t mind. Hyuna immediately called Yixing’s number and he picked up at the 5th ring. “Hello? Jongin?” Hyuna smiled when she heard his voice. She handed the phone to Jongin and told him to speak on her behalf. Jongin tried his best to make his voice sounds calm as he listened to Hyuna’s orders.

“Oh, hey. Are you leaving yet? Care for some coffee?” 

“Ah, no no. I am leaving tomorrow morning. Sure. Where?”

“The usual.”

“”Okay then. I’ll be driving there tho. Since my bike is broken. So, I might be a tad late. See you later, Jongin ah,”


Jongin put down his phone. “What now?” he asked her. There was something suspicious in her smile that made them felt uneasy. “Hyuna, what are you thinking?” Baekhyun asked, panicked. The girl got off from the bed and put on her sweater. She headed to the door and grabbed the door knob, turning around to look at her friends. “I can’t let him go,” she got out and shut the door. 

In a rush, Baekhyun and Jongin chased her but the door was locked from the outside. “. What the hell is she trying to do?!” Baekhyun shouted, kicking the door. Jongin looked around for an escape. “I think, I know what she’s going to do and it’s not going to be nice. We better move, Baek.” Jongin raced to the window and opened it. Baekhyun’s eyes widened in pure terror. “I am not going to ing jump, Kim Jongin.” 

“Well then, you can go find some other alternative escape or else, you’re going to lose both of your best friends.” Jongin boldly jumped off from the window. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sighed. “Lord, save me,” and by that he jumped as well. 


Hyuna was already on her way to Yixing house. Even a second matters because if her timing isn’t accurate, her plan will be a disaster. She drove faster, ignoring the limits that she was hitting. She was very lucky that her dad had taught her driving at a very young age and now she had no problems with driving. Hyuna finally slowed down when she entered the tunnel. Her eyes were wild searching for Yixing’s car on the opposite lane. Her breathing was rapid and heartbeat was racing in the mixed of anger and sadness. 

After about 2 minutes, she saw a familiar car moving forward. She hit the pedal hard and without any hesitation, she drove in the opposite lane. All the cars were honking at her crazily but she wouldn’t care less. She pressed the pedal harder and charged straight to his car. From her view, she could see Yixing’s eyes grew wider in horror. He wasn’t a great driver. So, he wouldn’t be that good at dodging using a car. 

In split seconds, their cars crashed with each other and Yixing’s car flew on the other lane whilst hers went straight to the wall and hit hard before screeching few meters away some more. Most of the cars had stopped due to the accident. 

Hyuna head was bleeding and she could feel her whole body was aching so badly. Despite all of that, she got off from the car and staggered towards Yixing’s. she felt bad but that was the only way for him to stay. However, once she arrived at his car, Yixing was still inside, unconscious. People started gathering around to help Yixing. 

“Are you okay?” a girl in her 20s asked Hyuna who was bleeding too much. Hyuna shook her head and continued on moving to Yixing. There three men help to get Yixing out from the car. The girl dropped beside Yixing, staring at him as she cried. 

“Move away! Get out! Give me so--..” Baekhyun and Jongin stopped when they saw the scene. Without wasting any more time, they kneel beside their two best friends and held on to Yixing.

 


To be continued. 

 

 

 

A/N: hello earthlings. finally SPM had ended and here's the short update. i will be updating more frequently now. hope you guys can wait. 

comment and please spread the word! oh, i am also going to work on a big special project hhuhuhu