Chapter 9 (Sanghyuk/ Hongbin)

Time and Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2108, Korea 

 

Sanghyuk woke up to the sound of screaming in his ears. The sound of glass hitting solid mass and shattering into a million pieces,the shards littering the floor like solid snow. The sound of furniture breaking,the sound of sobbing,the sound of the door slamming into his face.

Feeling the sweat roll down his back, staining his soaked shirt as he sat up, realising that it wasn't real. It was just a dream. Not a nightmare because it wasn't as horrific as the others he's had before. This one was a light startle compared the horrors his mind could weave whenever he shut his eyes. With a sweaty hand,he ran it through the damp strands of his hair,trying to calm his beating heart.

He dreaded closing his eyes because whenever he did his mind would begin creating the worst illusions that usually kept him up all night, the exhaustion a given as nightmares embraced him like the blanket that covered his shivering body. He hadn't had a good night's sleep in forever.

"God." He sighed, feeling a headache forming at the back of his skull,he ignored it like he always did and decided to get out of bed.

A glass of water probably would do wonders for him.

The young boy stripped himself out of his drenched shirt, placing it on the bed. Faint lines of abs and lean muscle carved into a thin and frail stature, he looked like he was on the brink of starvation. The view of his scarred torso and back in the reflection of the mirror. Tattooed across his pale skin like splattered ink on a plain canvas, permanent reminders of his broken past. Ignoring the memories each line brought, he walked out of the room towards the kitchen for that well needed glass of water,turning corners like it was his own house.

He was grateful to Hongbin for letting him and his older brother find refuge here in his house as being in their own reminded him too much of the pain he barely escaped from. His new home was supposed to be a safe haven from his old one, he thought he would finally live in a peaceful and happy household only for everything to go haywire and spiral into the same horrible state his real family was from. He could laugh at the irony, how everywhere he went he would just end up hurt and scared and unhappy.

Fleeing from hell only to fall back into a new one. The voice in the back of his head chimed, teasing his pathetic life.

He remembered how his stepbrother, Wonshik, would hug him at night when his nightmares were the worst. Saying his sorry, wiping away the tears that stained Sanghyuk's cheeks as they listened to the sounds of Wonshik's parents fighting. Sorry because he had to go through the same horrors he thought escaped from. Not knowing that he was brought into a family that was breaking apart at the ends as well.

Entering the kitchen he almost bumped into a small figure. A pair of big, bright eyes greeted him before they became grim as they roamed his scarred skin, a look of worry in them. They say the eyes are the keys to the soul, that your face can lie but the eyes can't and it was true especially with her pair of eyes as they lingered over his scars. He knew that she would never judge him for his past.

"Hyebin noona." He called, knowing the older female didn't mean to stare as she brought her eyes back up to meet his own. "Sanghyuk-ah." She replied, a smile grew on her petite lips, Sanghyuk couldn't believe how similar she resembled Hongbin, almost like a carbon copy.

"Oh god Sanghyukkie, you really should stop growing. Thirteen and you're already almost taller than me." she started.

Letting out a shy chuckle, he rubbed the back of his neck in reply. Puberty made him into a hormonal and weird kid, talking to the opposite just felt harder for some reason. "What are you doing back so early noona?" He asked as he walked to get himself a glass of water only to be stopped by Hyebin, she passed him her glass.

"Well being the only person who can cook in this house, I have to come home to put food in the bellies of you boys,"she punched his bare stomach lightly, causing him to blush slightly at the touch but he hid it by grabbing his stomach to feign being hurt,"Or not I'll come home to starving monsters."

He chuckled again, suddenly all too aware of the ness of his upper body but Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter