Chapter 7 (Hakyeon/Hyebin)

Time and Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2108, Seoul, Korea

 

After a long day at work, he drove his Rolls Royce towards his apartment, craving the comfort of his soft bed and a nice warm shower. As he drove on, casually getting stuck in the evening rush hour traffic as always, his mind wandered back to the encounter with the girl from the hospital, a smile immediately crept onto his lips.

Lee Hyebin.

She has a pretty name.

He had been wondering all this time if he would ever meet the girl again, wanting to know more about her. She really did grow up nicely, her big, brown eyes still bright. The high cheekbones and petite lips. Her beauty could only be found in storybooks.

Arriving home fifteen minutes later, he stuffed himself in the bathroom for a hot shower, resting his tensed muscles. The girl never leaving his thoughts as he tried to make himself dinner in his fancy kitchen only to burn his hand not only once but twice trying to figure out how to work the microwave, busting almost all his toes on furniture and leaving the freezer door open for the past half an hour, he decided to stop everything and locked himself in his bedroom. Preventing him from further hurting himself or the house.

God what’s wrong with me today?

Rubbing his face in annoyance, he wondered, how one girl whom he’d never met until today could affect him so much.

Fate? Destiny? Love at first sight?

He did not believe in those things but after today, after meeting her, he felt that maybe there was such a thing.

 

*****

 

He was there again. The guy from yesterday. Today, he was dressed in a crisp navy suit which accentuated his tanned skin and a thin grey overcoat. He was handsome, very handsome. Her heart was practically banging against her own ribcage as she stole glances of him while he sat silently beside her. They both sat in silence as she munched on her lunch, the autumn breeze sending calming whispers to blow away the awkward silence.

“Are you hungry?” she asked, finally mustering enough courage to begin a conversation. The male peeled his gaze away from the slowly falling leaves of the old tree and gave her a soft smile. “No, I’m fine Hyebin-shi.” He replied, his sweet, honey-like voice made her feel butterflies in her stomach and she almost chocked on her food, surprised to hear him say her name.

She knew it was stupid to still be talking to a random stranger who knew her name and should actually be calling the police but she just knew, that he didn’t mean any harm but that speck of lingering fear still made her a little wary of him.

“How do you know my name?” she asked again, genuinely curious.

“Why wouldn’t I know? It’s written on your name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter