Meeting

Project X: The Failed Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He nearly slammed the door shut walking out of Number 04's room. He was wasting time with this "act human" nonesense. But whatever, this boy was still more cooperative than Number 10 who he was starting to consider had some kind of mental impairment due to his lack of response to questions and prefered instead, to stare dazedly at him. Still, after about 3 days of questioning, they finally got his name, Lay. After that, they were finally getting somewhere with answers. Still, he took a frustratingly long time to answer, staring off into space thinking about his answer before actually answering. 

But it took ten days. Ten whole days until the second one woke up. It was shocking to them, that Number 04 woke up before Number 07. After Number 10 came back, he had revived Number 07 first. But it seems that he was taking a longer time. It seemed like his body was still in the midst of repairing itself. 

Number 04, on the other hand, had caused a problem the second day his heart started to beat. One moment, he was laying there, the second, he was thrashing around, muscles spasming, knocking blood samples over, throwing papers around. His fit lasted nearly seven minutes. During that time, he never woke up, never regained consciousness. He had two more fits before they finally decided to strap him down. By that time, he had expelled black fluid from his body, twice. Both times during a fit. It came out his mouth and nose and the other side.

There had been 2 days of silence now. Two days where he lay there like a corpse, until today, when he had walked in to find eyes staring at him. 

He hoped that meant the others would wake soon as well. He needed them awake. He needed to see what effect death had on them. He needed to know if this was the result of his death cure. If it was, he was going to harvest it. He would recreate his serum. Because once he was successful, he would have the secret to life and death. 

________________________________________________

His eyes shot open and he jolted upright. He gasped for air. There was frantic beeping from beside him and a stinging feeling on his face. 

He looked around frantically, heart pounding in hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter