Son of Gimael

The Dark Season

Rainoric had never felt this feeling for millenias. He had never felt this amount of euphoria in the thrill of killing ever. Eversince the snow dropped and he let his most primal of instincts take over he felt like he could slay the entire world and doing it again.

He had just slew the Emperor Galerian of the Aurigan Empire and avenged his mother and grandfather's death. Yet he still felt as if their is still a hole in his body that needed to be filled.

He was kneeling down in a snowy plain away from his Warband's camp meditating. He had been receiving voices of guidance from a mysterious voice that tempted him with dreams of power and glory. He had heard the voices in his head he keeps being prompted like a puppet on his strings to do what he said even if what Sakura said was considered 'morally apprehensible' yet the feeling of doing them felt so good yet felt so finite in savouriness.

"There is a march of your most hated enemy fleeing before you. Stop them and avenge your family for their arrogance and greed. But also, my vessel that I requested for my end of the bargain. She will be there. Do not let her escape again." the voice said.

"But she is----"

"I have given you power the likes of which even the greatest of bishops can only dream of obtaining yet you know that power has a price and she, Sakura is that price. What is all of the universe to be commanded at the palm of your hands hence compared to a inferior Yamanin?" the voice said.

"Y-y-y-es, I will do as you say."Rainoric hesitated.

The mere thought of slaying his friend Sakura so he may return the debt of granting him unlimited power and glory seemed so much of a temptation to him. If he doesn't pay his debt however, he recalled that the voice will 'Narrow his choices to how loudly he will scream for eternity.'.

He stood back up from his meditation and walked back to the camp to rally his men.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

The planned ambush was perfect, the Dark Season's winds favored him greatly as great gusts blocked much visibility and you could barely see the lit fires that were the only rays of life aand warmth in this storm. His men were silent and held their battle cries untill he gave the signal.

The entire warband stood hidden on top of a hill that where the refugee caravan will pass by. Under the disguise of the snow, the Gimaelics will ambush their hated Ghogthic neighbors and slay and caputre all or most of them before the nearby Vanoran garisson could react.

"Beware....I senses 'the Excutioner's Blade' among the living-soon to be dead."Wulfgar said.

"Is that so? Haven't I impaled it through Galerian while my men feasted on their food, razed the palace, looted their treasure, despoiled their women and enslaved the rest?"Rainoric asked back.

"We probably must have overlooked the fact that their were some....crafty survivors. I had chased one and she only escaped my axe."Wulfgar said.

"It is fortunate that 'the Voice' forgave us for not completely sweeping the city and I was careless when I left the blade their since I wanted Galerian to slowly die."Rainoric said.

"Then let us not fail him again, the caravan comes!"Osgar said as he pointed east.

"Obstacles! Overwhelm! Slay to avenge your family Son of Gimael." the voice spoke within Rainoric.

The Warlord unsheathed his trusty blade 'Ulfberth' and led his men downhill.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Sakura was eating lunch with her friends as the carriage they were in slowly trudged through the thickening snow. Progress through has been slow due to the fog and the ice. Cebrail had been also teaching them how to resist the nightmares that would haunt them in their dreams so that they could retain their sanity. It had so far been good since Takamina has been sleeping more soundly and both Sakura and Churi said they haven't gotten any dreams for awhile.

"The Vanoran border shouldn't be far. A garisson will be able to shelter us untill we get to the city."Lucilius said.

"Good and what about Miyuki and her baby?"Takamina asked.

"She will be taken to the Belisarius' Villa. Several relatives have already gathered as we speak and are eager to see her."Isiaja added.

"So far Miyuki has been resting for the entire journey but it was probably just her post-delivery woman pain thing that I do not understand."Lucilius added.

"Gizzur, you promise us to to give some of your necklaces when arrive their right?"Takamina asked.

"Yes, theres a place in the Gimaelic Embassy that we can stay that is immune to the snow. I wll be safe there, and Sakura, if you find anything in this 'Weapon' that Rena...I mean Jurina....I mean....Cebrail talked about, please let me know."Gizzur said.

"Hai---- Ahh!!!"Sakura screamed. A Javelin narrowly missed her and her friends by a mere inch and landed on the carriage.

"TE HETA HADA WODAN!" A loud warcry echoed.

"Ambush! Defend the civilians!"Takamina shouted.

Sakura grabbed her Nonorite sword and Churi her gun and climbed out. They were greeted by shocked soldiers and running innocent civlians being either gunned down, butchered, defiled and takened. Shouts of confusion echoed Sakura as she ducked for cover. The Gimaelics were using guns and were mowing down as many people as they can before they charged in. Takamina ordered her men to fire while Sakura created a shield that can protect them from the hail of bullets, arrows and javelins.

"This is no ambush army, this is an entire horde!"Cebrail shouted.

"What do we do?"Churi asked.

"Isiaja, Churi, grab a horse and rush to the Vanoran garisson and call for reinforcements now!"Takamina ordered.

Churi and Isiaja both ran away leaving the rest of their friends to fight. The assault on the refugees was brutally fast as people died left and right. Sakura could see her friend under stress of the heat of battle and is already feeling the heat.

"We're taking fire!"

"It's no use!"

"What are we going to do?"

"Let me think!"Takamina shouted. She tried to control everyone but most of the soldiers fled in terror or were dying around them untill all was left is just Lucilius, Sakura, Takamina and Gizzur and his men.

"It's no use we must make a run for it."Sakura said.

"Okay, I hope Yuki and the other girls are---"Takamina said but was interrupted by a loud scream.

"Let go of me!"It was Yuki's voice.

The group quickly scrambled to the source of the screaming and came across a clearing of deadbodies. The group saw Yuki, Airin and Kikuchan tied up with other prisoners. Sakura could felt as if something sinister was waiting for her as she stared at her friends.

"Face me! I know you are here! Let me end you now!"Rainoric yelled. He walked over to the girls and stood behind them. Sakura could see the cold shiver on their spines as they could feel as if he would kill them in a heartbeat. She could see Wulfgar and Osgar guarding him from behind with their arms crossed and eyes vigilant.

"Are you a coward? Face me! If you dare! Or...."Rainoric said. He cupped his hands on Kikuchan's head and....

 

"NNOO!!!"Sakura shouted. But she couldn't do anything as Rainoric snapped her neck like a twig. Her body fell down to the ground and blood flowed out of her broken throat from . Yuki and Airin squirmed and closed their eyes crying.

"Ah! There you are!" Rainoric said. He ran towards Sakura's hiding place with his sword in his hand. Yuki and Airin were quickly taken away by Wulfgar and Osgar.

"You---Monster!"Sakura shouted. She grabbed her Norite sword and prepared to fight. Rainoric raised his sword high let it crash down to the ground where Sakura's blade met. He repeatedly struck his blade like a hammer to a nail at Sakura.

"Yes....give in....to your anger....fight him....avenge your friend....kill him....."the voice said.

 

(Flashback)

"Do not listen to my fallen brother. He only seeks destruction and woe." Cebrail warned.

"But...he turned everyone....Rain into..."Sakura tried to question.

"They are like that because it was the only thing they can hear. A lie said a thousand times eventually becomes a believed myth. They are not themselves, my brother controls them and uses them to continue his reign."Cebrail said.

(End Flashback)

Sakura remembered the words of her wise mentor who took over Rena's body. She regained her focus and slowly stood up and pushed Rain upwards.

"YOU WILL NOT MAKE A MONSTER OUT OF ME ENOGANT!" Sakura yelled defiantly. She kicked Rainoric and slashed the blade swideward to his body.

The cut met its mark as she could see an incision on his body. But to her shock, she saw that Rainoric suddenly regenerated himself.

"Impossible! How did you---"Sakura asked.

"As long as your heat beats for me I am invincible. And if you slay me.... you will die too!"Rainoric laughed.

"Not if I can help it!"Cebrail shouted and pushed Rainoric away.

"Graah! You are who my master say as my greater adversary! I will end you.... now...."Rainoric said.

"Would you are grandfather who made the kingdom you inherit would say of you now?"Cebrail said.

 

(Flashback)

High King Merovech seperated himself from his followers and fellow rebels and went up to the mountain to meditate. He had just done something the likes of which he would either be forever stigmatized by much of his own kind and praised by those who sided with him. He had just declared the Northern Principalities of Auriga to be independent from Ghogthic rule. He had thought of that decision really hard and even after he made the decision, he still felt as if he lacked something. The strength to keep moving.

He felt guilty when he stole from the Imperial treasury to fund his rebellion in secret before he was found out. He slew the Minister of Finance and had the Vanorans launder the blood money for him. He had numerous times disrespected nearly everyone he came across and every place he walked destrutcion followed.

He had seen alot of what he see as a life of many twists and turns. His son Gewis had been planning to marry a human! And his men are asking to give the Yamanin more opportunities in politics and other important decisions that would directly affect their lives.

He needed time to think, time to understand and the best way was to be alone in the mountains.

He climbed a nearby mountain and sat their. He wanted to commune with Godan, he shouted at the peak of the mountain and yelled:

"Godan send me a sign that you are here to listen to my cries."

 

A great blizzard blasted the mountain yet Godan was not in the wind.....

A thunder struck multiple times at the rocks yet Godan was in the thunder....

An avalanche happened next that crushed all that stood in its path yet Godan was not within the ice....

 

Then gentle footsteps were heard and Merovech hid behind a rock.

 

A figure in shining golden armor who glew like a star stood before him.

"Who are you?"Merovech asked.

Yet the golden stranger ignored his question and turned around and walked.

"Wait!"Merovech yelled he grabbed the stranger by the shoulders but the stranger shrugged him of. He tried grabbing him again yet the Stranger pushed him down. They wreslted with each other with each time Merovech grabbed the stranger he was pushed back yet he stood up and tried again.

For an entire week they continued to do the same thing over and over and over again until by the seventh day. The stranger had enough and began to ascend heavenward.

Merovech grabbed a foothold of the man and stubbornly burdened the Stranger's ascension. The man crashed down back to the Earth and landed on Merovech. The extended period of exertion nearly depleted his Dust Life Force so much he coul start to feel what Yamanin's call 'pain'. The Stranger landed on Merovech and crushed his body making him limp yet his hands still grabbed firmly attached to the stranger. Even when they both got up he still held him.

"Let me go for the day already breaks." the Stranger said.

"I will not untill you give me your blessing." Merovech said.

"What is your name?"

"Merovech"

The Stranger held his hand to Merovech's helmet/head. Mero could feel as if he was standing the holiest of cathderals in all of Auriga. He knelt down to receive the Stranger's Blessing.

"From this day, you will be in my eyes called Gimael, for you have struggled with yourself, others and what is considered sacred and has prevailed."

"Who are you? What is your name?"

"I am the one you revered so much. The man who created all of you see that you see as 'Creation' I am Godan. May your people be fruitful and multiply. May your bloodline reach the darkest corners of the universe."

Then Merovech let go of the Stranger and he saw him ascend back to heaven.

 

(End Flashback)

"You no nothing!"Rainoric yelled and he charged towards Cebrail.

Cebrail unleashed his Katana and blocked the barrage of blows from his sword. Sakura tried to sneak in behind him with her blade but with a dexterity of a ninja. Rainoric both blocked Cebrail's Katana and quickdrew his Plasma pistol and aimed it right at Sakura....

 

A loud shot a hissing noise was heard.


Sakura fell down to the ground she had taken a shot from Rain's Plasma Pistol to her right thigh. Sakura gnashed and grinded her teeth as she held on to her wound for dear life.

"Sakura! Get out of there!"Takamina yelled. Before she and her friends were chased off by more Gimaelics who now have just overwhelmed them.

Rainoric, who wore Sakura's heart in his plate felt even more empowered as his sword shined in an Exalted Blade like power where all of his energy was channeled within him. He swiped 'Ulfberth' at Cebrail who took received it full force and fell to the ground. Before Rain can finish him off, Cebrail disappeared before his eyes.

Quiet now filled the ruined caravan as Rainoric turned around to the wounded Sakura.

"Stayback!"Sakura said. She pointed her Nonorite sword at Rainoric but he easily pushed it aside and then stepped on her injured thight causing her to scream.

"Now....I will become king."Rainoric said before he punched Sakura knocking her out.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

(Somewhere in Gimael in an undefinite amount of time later)

Sakura woke up chained and wearing only a ragged tunic that barely covere her body. She was stripped of all of her weapons and she was alone in the dark. She noticed that on her arms were attached wire like items that was pumping a sinister looking liquid into her body. Her wound was healed yet she felt as if she shouldn't be here. Then a holographic image appeared before her.

"It has appeared that the White Bishop has been captured in such a easy matter. I honestly didn't believe you would be mine already." the hologram said.

"You! You are Enogant."Sakura said.

"It appears you are indeed smarter than you look. Despite my observations of your kind as easily manipulated and down right idiotic."Enogant arrogantly declared which angered Sakura.

She tried to release herself from the grip of her bounds yet it was no use.

"I suggest you should accept your fate. I have seen the variety of the neurotoxin I am injecting to you reduce Gimaelics to tears before I saw them toss themselves off a ledge. I will break you and when I finally get rid off every ounce of resistance and identity you have I will take over you body and I will become a God in flesh."Enogant said.

"Never you will never break me!"Sakura shouted.

"Then maybe I should show you what I have done to your dear friends. I turned them into their greatest fears and they revel in it. And I will gladly see yours be brought out."Enogant said.

Rainoric then appeared behind Enogant.

"My dear puppet, make sure you keep a good eye on her untill she breaks. If she tries to escape you must capture her alive!"Enogant said.

"Yes master."Rainoric spoke without thinking before Enogant disappeared leaving them alone.

Sakura could feel the neurotoxin invade her body causing her to become drowsy