Love Blooms in Japan Pt. 1

High School Love Story

“Next stop, Shinsaibashi Station. Next stop, Shinsaibashi Station.” Jinyoung tilts his head, trying to catch the words from the announcement. He takes a glance at his smartphone screen, checking on the map to make sure it was the right stop. The boy cannot believe in his own hearing as the announcement is in Japanese.

“Nayeon-ah,” he whispers as he shakes the shoulder of the girl sitting next to him, sleeping. “We need to get off here.” A wide grin takes shape at the girl’s face as she got to see Jinyoung as soon as she opened her eyes. “Arasseo, oppa.” Jinyoung smiles as he ruffles Nayeon’s hair.

The boy then leans forward to Jaebum, who sits in front of him, as one of his hands reaching for Jaebum’s headphone. He lifts one side of the headphone from his friend’s ear as he leans even more forward, closing the distance between their faces. “Ya! Wake up!” he whispered loudly.

Startled, Jaebum almost jumped on his seat. Seeing his best friend’s face up close as soon as he wake up is not something pleasant for him, totally different from how his sister responded.

“What are you doing?! Jeez...” the boy whined. Jinyoung leans back to his seat as he bursts in laughter together with Nayeon. “We arrived.” Jinyoung said, ending his laughter.

The sun is already high in the sky when they arrived. The three decided to take train from their hotel, leaving the elders to take the car and have their own little date. Jaebum thought that this is the best thing to do for now after what happened this morning. Perhaps it is still to early for Naeyon and their stepmother to spend time together.

The trio then headed to a restaurant, a famous sushi house which Jinyoung found online after searching for reviews and recommendations. They are lucky that the place is not crowded yet, even though it’s almost lunch time. They decided to sit in the table right beside the conveyer belt, quite close to the door. The boys took the inner seats, facing each other, as Nayeon sit beside Jinyoung.

“You..,” Jaebum pointed his finger at his sister, “You keep on sticking to Jinyoung since this morning, even though your brother is here as well.” The boy pulled his lips down, trying to act like he is mad. Nayeon laughed in response, holding Jinyoung’s arm to brother.

“Don’t be jealous, oppa. I see you everyday, but not Jinyoung oppa.” she said as she sticks her tongue out at Jaebum.

“No way,” Jaebum said as he reaches out to ruffle his sister’s hair. “You are mine.” The boys laughs as Nayeon whines, fixing her hair as she send a deadly stare to her brother.

The youngsters then proceed to look at the menu, contemplating on what they should eat when steps coming into the restaurant and the sound of girls laughing are heard. It makes Nayeon lifts her head to see the new customers and her lips curve as a smirk appears on her face. The light in her eyes changes and the girl stands up, catching the attention of Jinyoung and Jaebum. The boys look up to her and their eyes follow her as she makes her way toward Sana and Momo, who just came in.

“Oh, hi...! What a coincidence to meet you here.” Nayeon said, a wide threatening smile is plastered on her face. Momo is quick to take action as she pulls Sana to stand slightly behind her, staring at her senior sharply.

“You know.. you might be all majestic at school, but this is my country, my territory.” Momo said and Nayeon scoffs as she folds her arms. That is when it finally hits both Jaebum and Jinyoung. They quickly stand up and make their way toward the three girls.

“So what if this is your country? I am not...”

Nayeon was cut off as she feels a tight grip on her wrist and is being pulled out of the restaurant. Her anger suddenly builds up but it doesn't last for long, though. The sight of her brother's back and the expression he is wearing leaves Nayeon stunned. She tries to wriggle her wrist out of the tight grasp and make a stop in between the crowd. It makes her brother look back at her with a deadly stare before he tightens his grip and yanks her off her stance. So, she just follows Jaebum until they are finally at a quiet alley not far from the restaurant, being cornered to a wall.

The boy lets out a heavy sigh as he rests his hands on his hips. He looks at Nayeon who is hanging her head low, even though her eyes are staring straight into her brother's and the older finds no trace of regret in it. Jaebum sighs again and he suddenly shouts his frustration out. Startled, Nayeon lifts her head up to take a better look at her brother who is rubbing his forehead, facing the dead-end of the alley. That is when guilt starts to creep up inside her chest, making her bite her lower lip.

“Oppa...” she called softly, trying to reach out to the other. This is the first time she sees her brother this mad.

“What the hell are you thinking, Nayeon?! This is not Korea! Are you planning to keep up your act like that throughout the whole world?! Start acting like an adult already!” Jaebum snapped at his sister, making her stop her hand mid-air before she pulls it back down, lowering her head a bit. She lifts her head again in a split second, though, as her brother suddenly grabs her wrist tightly.

“We're going back.” Jaebum said, then he pulls his sister toward the train station, not sparing any chance for Nayeon to protest.

 

Jinyoung checks on his phone as it rings, showing a message on the screen. It is from Jaebum, saying that he will take Nayeon back to the hotel and will catch up later. The boy ended up staying in the restaurant, deciding that it is best to not be involved in the family fight. He needed to check on his juniors, anyway, one of them seemed quite frightened before. And he is starving. Thankfully they are nice enough to let him to have lunch together with them.

Looking to the girls in front of him, the boy smiles, pushing his phone back inside his back pocket. Momo is calming Sana down, but it doesn't seem like the incident just now affects her too much. It almost looks like it is Sana who is trying to calm the other girl down from being too worried. Jinyoung chuckles, seeing the scene before him. It makes both girls stop debating and look at him.

“Is there anything funny?” Sana asked as she tilts her head in confusion. Jinyoung shakes his head but a wide smile is clear on his face. “Why are you laughing then?” Sana asked again.

“Nah... you girls are cute, that's why.” The statement makes Sana grins, her cheeks turning slightly pink. While Momo, she just snorts softly, not really fond of cheesiness. Jinyoung chuckles, realizing even more that the girl sitting across of him is, indeed, cute.

“Oh! Jaebum said he's taking Nayeon back to the hotel and will be back soon.” the boy said again, earning a nod from both Sana and Momo.

“Sana-chan! Momo-chan!” the sound of a voice calling out the girls makes the three of them shift their focus to it. Turning their head around, the girls smile brightly and wave their hand at the newcomer. It is Hana, Momo's older sister. The girls indeed told Jinyoung that they promised to meet her for lunch, so the boy is not surprised.

“Oneechan...” both girls call out as the figure of the older girl enter their sight, asking her to sit beside Jinyoung as the boy moves into the inner side.

“Oohh.. who is this handsome boy over here?” Hana asked in Japanese as she takes a sit beside the smiling boy, glancing at her little sister and then at Sana.

Sana then replies the older using her mother language. “He's our senior in highschool, Jinyoung senpai. Seems like he's here on vacation. We met coincidentally just now.” she said with a smile on her face, before she turns to look at Jinyoung, immediately changing the language she uses. “Sunbaenim, this is Hana unnie, Momo's older sister.” the girl introduces.

Jinyoung then bows politely as he greets the older. “Jinyoung desu.” Hana chuckles and nods lightly in response as she taps his back gently. It is always good to hear a foreigner trying to speak your language, even only for a bit.

They finally order food not long after and it doesn't take more than 15 minutes until it is served. Momo and Sana digs in almost immediately, seeing their favorite sushi rolls just inches away from them. It has been a while since the last time they ate here, they have missed it so bad. It is even more enjoyable that Hana is paying for them. The girls squirm in joy when they eat their first bite, making the spectators chuckle.

Hana then tells Jinyoung to not be shy and just eat a lot, of course, with the help of either Sana or Momo to translate for her. So, the boy complies. He is starving already, since his lunch time was kinda pushed back because of the incident just now.

The boy starts to eat with a light feeling, especially after Sana told him that Hana likes those who eat a lot, which is why the older really likes both Sana and Momo. She said that it is a form of appreciation toward the nature. Sana laughs at it softly, making the other two who understands Korean laughs with her. Nobody wants to tell Hana about it, though, and she just snorts, saying that they are mean for leaving her out of the conversation.

Time passes by so quickly and the clock quickly strikes 1 PM as they were talking and laughing. The whole lunch time has been fun and filled with Jinyoung trying to understand the conversation, since they speak only Japanese most of the time. He enjoys it, though, seeing the girls laugh; seeing that one girl laughs. He finds her amazingly enchanting the more he sees her smile, that he was caught staring at her a couple of times, before he would try to smile casually to hide his embarrassment.

“So, I have to leave for work again.” Hana said as she looks at her watch, then turn to the youngsters, wearing a sad face. Sana and Momo nods in response, while Jinyoung is still trying to make a guess on what they're talking about. Sana laughs at his confused face and helps to translate it for him. The boy then nods in understanding.

Hana chuckles as she looks at the boy. “It is nice to meet you, Jinyoung-kun.” she said, tapping his shoulder gently. Jinyoung responds with a light bow and a smile on his face. The older then turn to the girls in front of her as she slings her bag on her shoulder. “Oneechan has to go now. See you at home.” Hana said before she gets up, taking the bill with her, and heads to the cashier to pay. Both Sana and Momo hums and nods in sync, turning their heads back to follow Hana with their eyes, until she walks out of the restaurant, waving at her before she disappears into the crowd.

The three youngsters are finally left all by themselves inside the restaurant and Jinyoung decides to shift a bit to the outer side of the seat, when his phone buzzes inside his back-pocket. It's a message from Jaebum.

“I'm on my way back to Shinsaibashi. Are you guys still there?”

“Yea.. What about Nayeon?” Jinyoung quickly typed a reply before he hits the send button. Placing his iPhone 6 on the table, he looks at the girls, who are staring at him with curious eyes. “Is it from Jaebum oppa?” Sana asked. The word she used to address Jaebum makes Jinyoung scoff, though. But he hides it well with a chuckle.

His phone buzzes again not long after, cutting him from responding to Sana. “Gone with Mina. I'll be there in 10.” Jinyoung reads the message without taking his phone off the table and leaves it unreplied.

The boy lifts his head to look at the girls again. “Did you actually call Jaebum oppa? Since when have you been so friendly with him?” he asked, laughing softly. It makes Sana grin.

“Well, Jaebum oppa asked us to call him that.” The girl said as she giggles softly.

“You can drop the formalities with me, too, then. Just call me oppa.” Sana nods to the request, wearing a sweet smile on her face. “And Jaebum told me he'll be here in 10 minutes.” Jinyoung continued, delivering the message to the other two. Both girls nod.

“Then I guess we'll just wait for him here.” Momo said, finally opening after being quiet for a while now. It makes the oldest of the three nods.

“I guess. He must already arrived in the station and is on his way here.” Jinyoung said. An awkward silent suddenly creeps in as all three of them have run out of topic to talk about. They did not realize that they were still in an awkward relationship since Hana was with them before. All of them were focusing on talking with her. They were only interacting with each other because Sana or Momo needed to translate to either Jinyoung or Hana.

The boy rubs his nape lightly before he takes his phone from the table and puts it back in his pocket while thinking of any topic to talk about. “Let's go to Universal Studio after this? If you have time of course. I've been wanting to go there, and it would be nice if you girls be our guide.” He said not long after, mentally clapping his hands for finally being able to come out with a good idea.

Sana cheers, turning her head to her bestie who squints her eyes at her. “I promise we won't ride scary ones.” she immediately said, pressing her palms together in front of her lips, wearing a puppy-eyed look. It makes Momo sigh and nod in defeat, even before the battle begins. A wide grin curves on Sana's face hearing her friend's answer, immediately turning her head back to Jinyoung before she speaks with excitement. “Call! We're not busy at all.”

The boy chuckles and raises his hand for a high-five which, of course, is responded well by Sana. Seems like the ice starts to melt away again. Momo scoffs, but then just laugh it off. She will never win an argument about going to amusement parks with Sana, but it's not like they go there everyday, anyway. Sana never forces her to get on scary rides, too. She usually will just ride it by herself, while Momo waits at the exit. Besides, they have some tourists to please.

“Oh, Jaebum's here!” Jinyoung said as he points outside at the figure who is walking toward them. Both girls turn their head to see where the boy is pointing and smile in response to the smile Jaebum is giving. The sitting boy decides to stand up and raises his hand, ready for their own special toss, before he lets his friend to take the inner side of the seat. “You've had your lunch already right?”

Jaebum looks at the boy beside him, who gives him 'the look' that speaks Nayeon. He nods in response, asuring him that she is okay with a smile on his face. “Had it with Nayeon while we wait for Mina to pick her up. Sorry to keep you waiting for so long. And I am really sorry for what happened with my sister before.” He said, turning her head to look at the girls in front of him.

“It's okay, oppa. Stop saying sorry too much.” Sana said as her lips curve into a smile.

“Anyway, guys. If we're planning to go to USJ, I suggest for us to start moving now. I'm pretty sure it's already packed with people.” Momo said, scanning the other three one by one. Both Jinyoung and Sana nods, while Jaebum looks at his friend, wearing a meaningful smile on his face. Jinyoung grins as he taps the other's back, standing up from his seat.

“Let's go! We'll be right behind you, guide-nim.” Jinyoung said, showing a gesture for the girls to go before them. Both girls chuckle and make their way out. The boys follow after them as Jaebum headlock Jinyoung with his arm, laughing meaningfully.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------- end of chapter -----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Heeyy~ I decided to update in the middle of the week since I've been skipping my deadlines *oops~*

I hope you like this one.. I need to start on the romance soon, shouldn't I? hehehe

Please let me know your thought about this ff so far on the comment section below. ^^

And don't forget to subscribe! Toodles~