JYP High

High School Love Story

The sound of the bell resonates throughout the corridors and classes, waking up the students who have been sleeping during class. Sana stretches her body as the teacher is making his way out of the class. She can finally relax after a boring two-hour math lesson. Standing from her seat excitedly, she look to her left where another Japanese girl is sitting.

“Momo-chan! Let's eat. I'm starving.” The said girl grins. “Me too. Let's go go!” She said, pointing her hand toward the direction of the door.

Linking their arms together, they walk to the canteen lightly. Their stomachs have been screaming to be filled with food since an hour ago. Looking at their bodies, people might've mistaken that they only eat salads everyday. But truth to be told, the two eat so much, boys might feel defeated.

“It's JJ! OMG- they're so handsome.”

Small squeals are heard from here and there as the girls arrive at the canteen. Sana scans the room and her eyes catch two boys, walking into the canteen from the other end. It's the JJ boys, Jaebum and Jinyoung or mostly known as JB and Junior, senior in their 12th grade, kingkas of the school. Almost all girls swoon over them. Not exluding...

“Oppa~~” A petite girl then comes out of nowhere and clings unto one of the boys, making all the squealing stops and turns into murmurs. Speaking of the devil. It's Im Nayeon, Jaebum's little sister, in her 11th grade and the leader of the Mean Girls as people call them. Nobody really knows why she is so mean when Jaebum is a really nice person. Also, nobody really knows why Jaebum never seems to try to tell her off. She is pretty and smart, though. Always in the top 5.

Along with her gang, Nayeon is always around JJ. Even though she is siblings with Jaebum, the whole school knows she is so into Jinyoung, which is why she clings to him a lot. There comes Mina, Jungyeon, and Tzuyu following her like an obedient puppy.

Sana and Momo both roll their eyes and scoff at the same time, making them look at each other and laugh. This happens almost everyday. Sometimes they will arrive faster than the so-called JJ and suddenly, all eyes will be on them. They don't look intimidating or anything, but Nayeon is scary. She can even make people give up their seat for her just with her presence. It just happened now. A group of girls just stood up and emptied the table when Nayeon came closer to them.

Momo's stomach suddenly growls and it makes her grin at Sana. Being her bestie, Sana giggles and grabs her hand, pulling her to queue for their lunch. The menu is grilled beef today, it makes their mouth waters. With a wide smile, they take their portion, half begging to the server to give them more meat, which she happily gives since half of the students will only take half, or even one-fourth, of their portion anyway. Slightly bowing, they say their thanks to her.

With a tray on their hands they turn around and bang! The whole room suddenly went quiet as Sana is left frozen. By the look of her shoes, she just bumped into Nayeon and her food... her food! Sana gasps and looks up, only to be met with a sight of Nayeon being pretty surprised as she looks at her uniform.

“OH- MY- GOD!! What do you think you are doing?!” Nayeon half-yelled before she lifts her head, looking at Sana with her deadly stare. It makes the other shiver and she immediately bows deeply.

“I.. I'm sorry, sunbaenim. It wasn't intentional.” The girl stuttered, looking down on her feet in fear. Small whispers start to be heard in the room, mostly pitying her. Nayeon scoffs and pushes the other's left shoulder, making her stumble back but doesn't fall.

“Ya... sorry will not clean my uniform. Can't you see my clothes are all dirty because of you?! What will you do about it, huh?!” Nayeon said as she pushes Sana's head. Momo huffs and Jaebum stands from his seat but doesn't get to do anything as he sees Momo pulling Sana behind her. The girl stares straight into Nayeon's eyes, gritting her teeth.

“Ya...”

“What? Yaa? Who do you think you are--”

“I was gonna stay quiet and watch, but you're going too far. She said sorry and it wasn't intentional. Can't you understand her words? Besides, you were cutting the line. “ Momo said calmly but sharply, showing the queue behind them to Nayeon with her head, before she gives her tray to the other forcefully. “So, it wasn't entirely her fault, sun-bae-nim.” The junior continued with a little emphasize on her word. Bowing to her senior, she keeps her sharp stare at Nayeon as she grabs Sana's hand and pulls her out of the canteen.

Murmurs are heard throughout the room as the two walk out, some saying Momo is crazy while the others praise her boldness. She doesn't care though. Sana is shaking behind her and she needs to take her out of this place.

“Nayeon-ah.” Jungyeon comes from behind the fuming girl, touching her shoulder lightly. “Are you okay?” Nayeon turns her head toward Jungyeon, staring with her anger-filled eyes. She groans and pushes the tray to the taller girl, gritting her teeth.

“She is crazy to think that she could do that to me. I'll make her pay.” Nayeon then heaves a long sigh before turning on her heels and walks back to the seat, where the JJ boys are, with a sweet smile on her face.

 

“Sana, hurry. We're almost late.” Momo grumbles, peeking into the classroom. They have dance practice today and Sana is taking too long to tidy up. They haven't even changed their uniform.

“I'm coming, Momo.” Sana grins as she puts her ransel over her shoulders, making her way out of the class. Linking their arms together, she pulls grumpy Momo toward the dance club studio, being all smiles to cheer her friend up, and it always works.

It's been a week since the incident in the canteen. They never saw the Mean Girls after that day and they are thankful for it, especially Sana. She never wants to meet Nayeon ever again. The girl is quite sure that she and Momo are already on her blacklist. Meeting her would mean hell.

Finally arriving at the studio, the girls speed-walk to the changing room at the back. They still have 5 minutes to change and some members are still changing as well.

“Momo-chan, do you have extra hairband? Seems like I forgot to bring one.” Sana frowns as she rummage through her ransel.

Momo glances at her for a while and takes a green hairband from her locker, handing it to the other. “That's why I told you to keep one in the locker.”

Sana grins as she takes the hairband before tying up her hair. “I already did. But I forgot to bring one last week too, and forgot to put it back in the locker after practice.” Sana giggles, followed by a scoff by Momo. “Forgetful girl. What would you do without me, huh?”

“Psh- such confidence.” Sana laughs, making Momo laugh with her.

The sound of claps comes from the inside of the studio, making the girls turn their head toward the room. “Gather around now, everyone!” It's Jaebum's voice, one of the JJ boys. He is mostly known as JB, though. JB and Junior are actually their stage names when they perform and JJ is the name of their duo. Now, the whole school knows them as what they are on the stage.

The boys are the founders of this dance club. It was only the two of them in the first year, but because of their big achievement in competitions, even the principal quickly approved the club and they gathered a lot of members in their second year. They passed down their title as club presidents though, since they're already in their third year. Now, they are just coaching once a month.

Closing their lockers, Momo and Sana quickly head to the dance studio, joining the others who are already inside.

“Alright! Everyone's here, right?” Jinyoung is taking charge now. “We're gonna start with warm-up as always. Take your spot now.” The boy claps and everyone rushes to find the best spot.

Turning the music on, the dance practice finally starts.

 

Jaebum is packing his bag in the studio when Sana and Momo pass by him. They greet him while bowing as they're heading home, which earned them a light nod from the senior. The practice has ended and Jaebum is waiting for his so-caled-other-half taking his time in the shower. As for himself, he is already done showering ages ago.

“Sana! Momo!” He calls for them right before they exit the studio, making them turn around. “Right?” comes a questioning look on his face as he is afraid he calls them wrong. The girls giggles softly.

“Yes, sunbaenim?” They answered at the same time and make their way toward the boy. “Yes?” Momo asked again as they are now on reachable spot from where Jaebum is sitting.

“You're being too formal. Just call me sunbae. Or oppa is nice too.” Jaebum laughs at his own remarks, taking the girls off-guard. They have never seen this senior of them laughing so close. It makes them more relaxed around him.

“Ah- well, if you said it like that. Then, oppa?” Sana giggles. As a foreigner, she just likes calling her seniors oppa or unnie rather than sunbae. It sounds more casual and friendly, but of course she cannot do that to those she is not close with.

Jaebum nods as a smile creeps up his face. “Anyway, are you girls heading home already?”

“Yes. Is there anything you need, o...ppa?” Momo cringes. Unlike Sana, she is a bit awkward. She can only act all lovely and cutesy with her close friends.

Jaebum laughs at Momo's expression, catching the attention of the other club members who are still there. Small whispers then start to fill the room. “If you have nothing to do after this, mind to accompany us for dinner? Me and Jinyoung. It's as an apology, too, on behalf of my sister on the other day.” Jaebum offered, making Momo turn to look at Sana for her approval, since it is mostly related to her.

Sana shakes her head and smiles. “We're sorry, oppa. But I don't think we can make it today. We have to prepare for the exam week. Besides, there is no need to do this anyway. It's not your fault and I already forget about it.”

“Well, if you say so. But you definitely have to come with us next time. Alright?” He said, glancing at Momo, which earned him a smile from the other.

“Then, we'll get going.” Momo smiles and bows a bit before she pulls Sana out with her.

Jaebum stares at the girls as they disappear outside the studio before he looks up as he feels a hand on his shoulder, spotting Jinyoung with a towel on his shoulders. His eyes show a big question mark, seeing his friend talking with the girls before.

“I invited them for dinner with us as apology for what happened with Nayeon, but got turned down.” Jaebum said, then he chuckles. Jinyoung nods in understanding. Resting his arm across Jaebum's shoulders, he takes a seat beside him.

“Do you like one of them?” He asked, staring straight into Jaebum's eyes. It takes Jaebum off guard, feeling that he has been caught.

“Well...”

“You never did this with the other girls Nayeon had ever picked fight with.”

“She's lovely. Don't you think? She has been catching my attention since the start of the year.”

Jinyoung laughs and taps Jaebum's shoulder before standing up, slinging his bag on his shoulder. “You've been caught red-handed, man. Someone has finally moved your heart, huh? Which one of the two?” He offers his hand for the sitting boy, helping him up from his seat, which Jaebum happily takes.

“The one who did the y dance before.” Jaebum chuckles, while Jinyoung forms an O with his lips. “Well... I prefer the other one.” Jinyoung said before he laughs a bit.

“I told them that they have to come with us next time. Let's have a double.” The slightly older between the two wriggles his eyebrows with a wide smile on his face, before he takes his bag from the floor. Tapping Jinyoung's back, he tilts his head toward the door. “Let's go!”

Jinyoung nods as he smiles, following his friend out, heading home.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------- end of chapter -----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Hello there~

Finally the first chapter is up! I hope you enjoy the story.

Please tell me what you think on the comment section below.

Also, don't forget to subscribe :)

Toodles~