Minatozaki Sana

High School Love Story

The semester has finally ended and it's time for a long summer vacation. Sana and Momo are going back to Japan on Monday and they are definitely going to spend this weekend for a shopping spree. They have to buy souvenirs for their family and friends, especially for those K-Pop addicts.

Sana is walking toward the school main entrance when a group of girls suddenly make a stop in front of her, blocking her way. She freezes and bites her lower lip as a sudden fear takes over her whole body. It's the Mean Girls, and Nayeon is standing right in front of her.

“Oh, hey there. How are you? It's been a while. Did you do good in your exam? You see, I have been busy studying I have no time to talk to you.” Nayeon said with a fake friendliness.

“A.. Anyeong haseyo sunbaenim.” Sana bows deeply, then stares down on her feet, being too afraid to look at the other girl.

Nayeon steps closer and takes a strand of hair from the other, twirling it around in her fingers. Her expression changed. “You know, I am the type to hold grudge. I don't forgive and forget people who messed with me easily. You should be thankful it was right before the exam week, everyone would have been busy studying and, of course, not excluding me.” She said softly, but her stare is sharp, piercing through Sana's throat, making her unable to speak a word.

“Nayeon-ah.” Sana's ears perked, while Nayeon looks through her as she heard her name being called. It is the voice she recognizes by heart.

“Jinyoung oppa~ wait a moment!” She answered. Her tone changed and she turns to a sweet and lovely girl. That is before she looks at Sana again. “You're lucky Jinyoung oppa is here. I'll deal with you later. Have a great summer vacation!” Nayeon said, then she pushes the shaking girl out of her way before she hurried her steps toward Jinyoung.

Sana heaves a long sigh as she falls on the floor. She finally feels alive again as the air is no longer suffocating her. A drop of tear falls on her cheek before she quickly wipes it and takes a very deep breath. Standing on her feet again, she hurriedly walks to the school entrance, where Momo is waiting for her.

 

“Momo-chan~ wake up now.” Sana whines using her mother language as she shakes the sleeping girl hard, making Momo groans in her half-awake state. It's been a good 30 minutes since Sana has been trying to wake her up. She even has finished showering and already dressed up, but the other is still on her bed.

Momo is not really an early riser, so it is really hard to get her up in the morning. But she promised to accompany Sana to Dongdaemun and the girl wants to be there as early as possible so she can have much time to look around.

Sana then grabs Momo's hand and pulls her up and off the bed, which she hardly complies. Momo grumbles as she sits on the edge of the bed, unable to lay back down as Sana is blocking her way. “It's still freaking early, Sana.” She said, scratching her not itchy head.

“What do you mean early? It's already 9 am, Momo. By the time we arrive it will probably be around noon.” Sana clicks her tongue and pushes Momo to get her up. “Now, go shower. Hurry!”

Momo grumbles again, but stand on her feet anyway. Taking the towel, she head to the bathroom and washes off her sleepiness under the shower.

The two Japanese girls are staying in the same room the school dorm. There are a lot of students who come from outside of Seoul, so the dorm is always almost full every year. Whenever the alumnis leave, then the new students will enter. One room is restricted only for two students, so Momo and Sana can be considered lucky to get a room.

Two of the Mean Girls are actually staying in the dorm too. Mina, a Japanese, and Tzuyu, a Taiwanese. Speaking of Mina, Sana is pretty annoyed at her. How can she not stand for her fellow Japanese friends and let them get bullied by her own gang member. But well, she was never that nice when they first met anyway.

Sana scoffs and gets up from the bed, fixing her summer dress in front of the mirror, when Momo comes out of the bathroom with her towel on. Tilting her head toward the wardrobe, Sana takes her bag, slinging it on her shoulder. “Hurry get dressed. I'll be waiting in the lobby okay?” The girl said as Momo nods lightly and hums in response. Taking it as a permission, Sana leaves the bedroom.

The corridor was empty when Sana comes out. Most of the students have gone home early in the morning. There is only a few left, including Sana and Momo, and it is going to be even fewer by monday.

Taking the lift down, it doesn't take long for Sana to get to the lobby. She would usually take the stairs with Momo during school days, since the lift will be really packed with students. Thankfully their room is only on the 3 floor.

“Oh..? Sana, right?” The voice calling her name brings Sana out of her little me-time.

“Ah.. Annyeong haseyo, sunbaenim.” Sana bows and heads toward the boy who called her. Standing not far from her is Jinyoung, wearing a casual t-shirt and jeans. He looks so good in it, now she knows why girls swoon over him. It makes Sana stare at him in awe, but she quickly shakes her head and comes back to her senses. “What brings you here, sunbaenim? Oh, are you staying here?” The girl asked when she gets close enough with the other.

“Nah. I'm waiting for a friend. I promised to take him to the airport today as he's going back to Hongkong. Jaebum is also here, but already upstairs. I was parking the car before.”

Sana nods at Jinyoung's explanation, forming an O with her lips. A short silence occurs before Jinyoung speaks again. “Are you staying here?”

The girl nods again and smiles. “I am staying here with a friend. We're both from Japan but we'll only go back on Monday. Oh, that friend is Momo, the one who joined the dance club, too. We're pretty much always together.”

It's Jinyoung who forms an O with his lips this time, and another silence appears. It's pretty awkward for the both of them, making Jinyoung rubs on his nape while Sana plays with her bag straps.

“Are you okay?” Jinyoung suddenly said, it makes Sana frowns and being quite taken aback, confused with his sudden random question.

“Okay... about?”

“Ah.. I saw you yesterday. With Nayeon.”

It finally hits her and her expression changes, showing a little fear in her eyes as chills creep through her nape. She really does not want to be reminded about that incident, especially the feeling of threat that filled her whole being before. She does not like it even one bit. Being creeped out even only by the thought of others. It is because she is so weak and a scaredly-cat, people easily bully her. If it was not for Momo who has been protecting her for as long as she remembers, she does not know how she would cope with life, especially life at school with a bunch of bullies.

“Sana..? Sana!”

Sana blinks for a bit before she catches the figure of the boy in front of her. His hand is being waved on her face. Seems like her mind wanders off before.

“Ah... sorry, sunbaenim. I was spacing out.” Sana said and grins, making Jinyoung put his hand down and he chuckles softly. His smile is so mesmerizing, Sana is, once again, left in awe.

“I'm sorry about Nayeon. It's just hard to stop her from doing what she pleases.” Jinyoung said.

“It's okay, really. I don't think about it much.” Sana smiles sweetly, while Jinyoung nods a bit.

“Alright. If you ever need any lesson about how to deal with Nayeon, just tell me. I am the master of it.” The boy said then laughs, bringing Sana to laugh as well.

“Will do, sunbaenim.” She said, still giggling, and Jinyoung is left with a small chuckle. Another silence, but it feels more comfortable this time, it makes Sana heaves a soft sigh after the laugh and grins, earning her another captivating smile from the other.

“Well then.. I need to catch up with my friends. It was nice talking to you. Have a great summer vacation, alright? Oh, and I heard from Jaebum that you girls owe him one meal together, so I will expect another meet up. See you!” Jinyoung said before he immediately walks pass Sana, tapping her shoulder for a bit, not letting the other to speak out her mind, leaving her only staring at his back as he waves his hand to her.

“Ah... well.. okay then.” She said softly, as if talking only to herself, before she giggles, thinking about the happening just now. Right then, she sees Momo walking toward her from the other side of the lobby, where the lift to the female dorm is, and waves her hand excitedly. “Momo-chan, here!”

“I know, Sana-chan. I can see you clearly.” Momo laughs softly. Seems like her grumpiness is really gone, washed off by the shower and her parfume. And to add to that, Sana's excitement kinda lits up the fire in her, too, she is suddenly excited to go to the market as well. Offering her arm for Sana, they then walk off to the bus stop, arm in arm.

 

Momo is scanning through the racks of clothes when her ears catch a faint sound from the other side of the store. It's Sana's voice. The girl turns her attention to the source of voice and there she spots a group of girls cornering her friend on the store sofa. Seems like her just landed on it, seeing as the girls are still stepping closer to her. It's Nayeon and her gang.

Hurriedly, she walks toward Sana and stands in front of her, confronting the girls, her gaze sharp, as if she is trying to pierce into their souls.

“What do you want?” Momo asked, ignoring the formality she once used for the senior.

Nayeon scoffs as she rolls her eyes, folding her arms. Annoyance is clear on her face. “Oh, lookie! The princess' little guard is here.” She laughs at her own remarks and the other girls behind her follows. Only the short-haired girl, who stays calm and seems unaffected.

Momo helps Sana up from the sofa, ignoring the other's arrogant blabbering, and then walks through the wall of the Mean Girls, pushing Nayeon off her way, which makes the girl even more irritated. She scoffs once again.

“YAH!!!” Nayeon screams and turns around, making the people in the store startled, not excluding Sana. Momo stops on her spot, blowing her bangs our her sight before she turns around, wearing an annoyed expression, keeping Sana behind her. One thing she hates the most is people yelling at her.

“What?” The junior asked, her stare is as deadly as a grim reaper it even makes chills run through Nayeon's spine, but she tries to stay calm, her pride is on the line. The store manager comes too soon, though, talking with gentle but firm tone, asking them to solve their problems outside as not to make the other shoppers uncomfortable. Seeing the happening before her, Momo rolls her eyes and makes a 180 degree turn, walking through the exit door with Sana and leaving the irritated girl even more irritated than she already is.

Arriving at the park away from the store, Momo pushes the shaking Sana down on the bench as she takes her seat beside her. Closing her eyes, Sana takes a deep breath before she let all her fear out in one exhale. She then lifts her head up, looking at her bestfriend.

“Arigatou, Momo-chan. You always protect me like this, I'm so thankful to have a friend like you.” Sana said, smiling softly. Momo just nods as she rubs the other's back, trying to calm her down.

Momo has known the other for as long as they can remember. They live in the same neighborhood since they were born and always go to the same school. It's not only once or twice this happens, it starts to leave some kind of trauma on Sana. The worst one was when they were in middle high, about a year ago. She was taken to the school warehouse by three of their classmates and was locked there until Momo found her at night. She was shaking and her uniform were all dirty. From then on, Momo always sticks to the other so the same incident will not happen again. She really has no idea why the girls in school hates Sana. Indeed, she is a little clumsy, but she never meant any harm. She is very nice and will always accept you as a friend even when you've hurt her before.

A hand tapping her arm pulls Momo back from her pool of thought and stops her hand from moving. She looks at her friend, catching a smiling girl in her sight. She smiles back to her.

“Are you okay now?” she asked, earning a nod from the other.

“Let's go. I still need to find something for Hana oneechan.” Sana said as she grins, standing on her feet. Momo chuckles as she follows suit.

“Hana oneechan is my sister but you're more eager to find her something.”

“Well, she is like my own sister. She considers me as a sister too, so you better be careful she might love me more.” Sana said and the both of them laugh. Grabbing Momo's hand, she pulls her to the other stores they haven't visited.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------- end of chapter -----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Hello again~ I hope you enjoy the story.

Please comment and also, don't forget to subscribe :)

Toodles~