The Best Friend

My Before Anyone-Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The term ‘inseparable’ probably applied to both of them from that day onward. Although Ahn Nara positioned herself awkwardly in between Inyoung and Kyuhyun at first, she made sure that there’s nothing special between her and Kyuhyun—especially since she had a boyfriend that she adores so much in Seoul.

She quickly learned that Kyuhyun was the kind of person that didn’t bother to make up some lies just to make her feel better. Kyuhyun was always honest, always witty and never afraid to speak whatever crossed his mind—even if sometimes his honest opinion could hurt her.

Kyuhyun gets comfortable around her mostly because Nara never looked at him with adoring shine in her eyes like any other girl would. For once he could have a girl as his best friend without having to worry about weird feeling that could come up later on.

She’s felt comfortable having a safety net next to her whenever some creep tries to approaches her and he enjoyed having her around because she’s the only girl that never had a secret crush on him. The more he knew about her, the more he understood how dedicated she was towards her boyfriend and that she’s not the kind of girl that was able to betray someone’s trust.

Another reason he likes talking to her is because her honest opinion about anything. Nara never sugar-coat her words just to make herself seems polite or to make somebody feels better during their worst—at least not to the closest people, he could always rely on her for straight forward answers. Same thing goes for her, Kyuhyun had a sharp tongue and he would always state his opinion even when she didn’t ask for one.

They relied on each other most of the time, some girls envy their closeness because Kyuhyun was famous for being the cool guy that keeps his distance towards girls and he didin’t mind being seen with Nara anytime. Nara saw him as a classic gentleman that always tries to protect her by doing small things to man up, he would cover her head with his jacket when it rains, he would grab her wrist whenever they cross big street, he would always walk on the outer side of the road whenever he’s with her, and he would come along with her to the dark and gloomy bathroom in the middle of the forest when their school had an outdoor camping activity, just because he worried she’d slipped from the mossy stepping stones—and he never do that to any other girl.

Their high school times probably the times where he had the most blast and she has the worst time of her life. He spent his time playing around during the first two years of high school times and only tried to get more serious in the last year. It went the opposite direction for Nara, she kept on studying hard from the beginning but her performance in class slowly decrease and it frustrated her, because she had a dream to go to the best university in South Korea—the place where she could be together again with her boyfriend after their exhausting long-distance relationship.

Another thing they learned about each other are the significant differences on their way of dating. When they began being friends during the freshmen year, Kyuhyun seemed like a cool guy that didn’t want to be involved in any relationship with girls while Nara seemed like the girl that also always keeps her distance from any boys that approached her. But the two of them are the only ones that really knew the reason behind that.

Kyuhyun was a huge playboy outside their school, he preferred to date girls that didn’t come from the same school—therefore he didn’t have to smear his good reputation in their school. He joined Busan softball team only months after the freshmen year began and ever since that, he only had to point his finger to any girl that he wants—and he’d get them within weeks. His charm on the field always make girls screaming out his name and Nara could only laugh whenever he bowed in his own charming way. His popularity inside and outside the school had made him a bit smug about his own appearance and abilities, Nara was the only one that able to scold him every now and then to remind him to stay ground.

Nara was always the person he talks to every time Kyuhyun encountered any romance situation with several girls throughout high school. Whenever he set his eyes on the new target, he’d always takes her opinion into his consideration. With his carefree mindset that combines with his Casanova persona, Cho Kyuhyun definitely had the best year of his life time during their senior year.

Nara in the other hand, kept her distance from many boys that tried to approached her simply because she’s being faithful to her boyfriend that’s busy studying in the best school in Seoul. Having Kyuhyun beside her was an advantage to scare those boys away and she liked the fact that her own boyfriend didn’t feel jealous or anything towards her own boy-best-friend.

With all those big dreams she had for her and her boyfriend, Ahn Nara was in a real shock when she knew her boyfriend that she trusted so much turned out to be cheating on her the entire time they were apart. She should’ve known, he always avoided to see her and their phone calls had decreased for some time. Kyuhyun has been telling her about this long before she figured out herself, he’s been telling her that something was strange from her boyfriend’s behavior. He stated that if a guy liked her so much, he would leave anything behind and made her his priorities, he also said that her boyfriend’s reason to keep their distance was classic and lousy—which was to make some time to study more because he got into the prestigious school.

“I told you, didn’t I? Those reasons he gave you, he wanted to study seriously, that’s bull! He was busy with a new girl in there Ra-ya. Why you never trusted me these whole time?” Kyuhyun took out his handkerchief he always kept in his pants and give it to Nara.

“But we’ve been together for more than three years!”

“And he gets tired of you, just accept that fact and move on.” He said nonchalantly.

“Could you please be nice to me for once, you can cheer me up instead of stabbing my aching heart for some more.” She threw him a sharp look from her teary eyes.

“I am cheering you up, we’re skipping class so we can talk about your heartbreak.” He ran his hand through the strands of her hair and mess it around, “So what he told you exactly?”

She snorted into the handkerchief before she talked, “He didn’t say it to my face. He told my old friend that goes to the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter