The Knight in Shining Armor

My Before Anyone-Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ahn Nara stared blankly into the view from the bus window on her left. Her eyes were watery, her hands were shaking and her body trembled from all the raging emotion she felt inside. She couldn’t believe what just happened to her. One minute she was all good and the next, she felt like she’s been thrown under the bus.

After all she did for that jerk, after all the positive vibe she tried to deliver for him during his hard time, she was toss out just like that. Nara closed her eyes and the humiliating scene that took place moments ago replayed in her head.

She was standing in front of the classroom where the final defense took place, she put on a good dress to make sure she looked nice, she hold a little bucket of flowers to give later on and even though she was unwilling, she put a big smile on her face.

When he’s done with his defense, once he declared he got the degree he wanted, she came to congratulate him and what he did to her was something she never expected.

“I don’t want to be congratulated; I don’t get the perfect score I aimed for.” He shoved her away and mumbled.

She nodded and tagged him along to go outside of the campus, he suggested them to go eat somewhere and drink to let go off his steam, so Nara just went along with him. After all it’s his day and Nara’s problem with him could wait until tomorrow.

He drank some soju and Nara just took a shot to respect the event, he was always a good drinker but also loud one once he’s drunk, so after his third bottle, the drama began.

“It’s all your fault, Ahn Nara!” He slammed the table and pointed his finger on her.

She lifted her face in shock, how was his imperfect score was her fault?

“You should’ve helped me more! When I asked you to make the prototype for my project you should’ve just helped me! When I told you to check my report, you shoul’ved done it!! When I asked you to me so I can relax a little you should just spread your legs in front of me!”

Her jaw dropped. She knew he’s a rude guy and she knew he’s a jerk, but they were in a public area and people started to watch them because of his loud voice.

“Oppa, you’re drunk! Let’s get you to your dorm.” She swallowed her anger and took out some money to pay for their expense.

“I DON’T WANT TO! I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!” He slammed the table one more time.

“Ara, but let’s talk along the way, oh? People are looking at us.” She placed the money on the table and forced-lift her boyfriend to get up.

The drunken man just followed her lead and took his wobbly steps along with her. His mouth still mumbled a lot of insults for her and her absence during his crucial time in the final project but Nara decided to pretend to be deaf instead of being offended.

“Let’s break up.” He stopped his steps and pulled her arm.

“Ne?”

“You and me, it’s over from a long time ago, aren’t we? Let’s break up.” He repeated himself.

Nara bit her lips, confuse with her own feeling. She should be happy with it but why she felt like something was wrong? Wasn’t she’s the one who supposed to say those words?

“I’m sick of you Nara-ssi.” He continued. “And I know you stick around with me only until I declared graduated. So I passed my bachelor degree now, let’s celebrate by breaking up.”

She blinked several times, trying to find some words to counter his attack. Yet in his eyes, it looked like she’s having a moment of shock.

“Don’t give me that face. You don’t love anymore anyway and I don’t love you.” He began to raise his voice again. “I hate you! You’re a useless being, you can’t do anything right for me.”

“Oppa, shut up!” She replied.

“As a woman, you are in the most bottom level, do you know that?” He pushed her back into the wall by the street.

“YA!”

“You can’t cook! Seriously, you called those thing you made for me food?” He scoffed cynically, “You can’t clean! You can’t be a good girlfriend that obeys me and you can’t give me my needs!”

“Your needs, huh? Then who’s paying for you expense? Who’s paying for your food all these time? You’re leeching off of me and the least you can do is zip your stupid mouth!” She felt vigorous anger took over.

He smirked and pinned her closer to the wall, “You know what the worst part is? You won’t let me touch you! You said you wanted to be with me, you wanted to see a future with me but you won’t even let me touch you!”

“Because you don’t deserve me!” She screamed on top of her lungs. Her anger slowly turned into fear, they’re in a public street but the street itself weren’t too crowded, so she really should prepare to protect herself.

“I deserve you! I’m the great senior that every hoobae wanted to be with!” He glared at her and leaned his face even closer.

“No! Keep dreaming! You’re a useless, broke, rude and—“

Her boyfriend pressed his lips onto hers with his arms framing her from both sides as he pinned her to the wall. Nara didn’t need to guess where this could lead into, from the way he pressed his body against hers, the way he grinned his hips into hers and the way he bit her lips roughly had said enough. But her tears broke once he brought his muscular hands towards her .

Ahn Nara did her best to break out of there, she didn’t want any of this to happen. Not with this guy, not with the person that treated her like , not with somebody who couldn’t even see any good in her, not with someone that constantly abuse her mentally.

Suddenly she remembered some moves Kyuhyun once told her for self-defense. Her boyfriend was a big muscular man but he’s drunk so she might as well took this as her advantage. Nara replied his kiss in order to get access into his bottom lips, and when she got the perfect coverage, she bit hard into his lips, causing him to pulled his face away from her.

“YOU !”

She used the entire strength she had to make some space in between their bodies and she stomped her foot into his, then with all the remaining power she had, Nara pushed him away from her. “Don’t even think about it! There’s a reason why I never give in to you, and that’s because I know deep inside that you’re a jerk!”

She freed herself away from him but he quickly grabbed into her arms. “You think you can escape me?”

Nara turned around to face him and with one fluid motion she lifted her hand to slap him—and she aimed for his ear to create a loud noise inside his own head. He’s a little taken aback from the dizziness he got from the impact and Nara used that crucial moment to kick him in the loin.

“I can.” She said with shaky voice, “And yes, let’s break up. I see no point in us being together anyway.”  Then she ran away from the place as fast as she could, before he regained his power to harm her one more time.

Nara sobbed quietly in the bus, she always felt used by that cruel guy but this time she felt something else, she felt dirty. She didn’t like the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter