The Bleacher

My Before Anyone-Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She takes a gulp of the golden liquid into , gulping it fast and let the burning sensation in tickles for a while before she hits her taste bud with a lime wedge. She has to give herself a pat in the back for doing so great today, she managed to keep her cool and follow the process as planned, did her part well and walked herself into the hotel room he prepared for her alone. Ahn Nara spreads open the curtain in her room and takes a sit on the carpeted floor right in front of the big window overlooking Seoul night lights. Her mind wanders, where did she go wrong here? How did it end up like this and how is she the one spending the night here with a bottle of alcohol while he’s in the other room probably making love to his woman.

She takes the bottle and gulps down its content right from its mouth, ignoring the little shot glass he also prepared for her. She doesn’t need fancy drinking tonight, she wants to get wasted and she wants to forget this night altogether. The pressure in her chest seems too hard to handle and she feels the need to call her best friend. Usually when she’s in this puddle of mess, she just need to pick her phone and ring him once, then he’ll show up in front of her door in no time. Same thing goes the other way around, when it comes his turn to get messy, she’ll come to rescue him at once. But tonight, she has to swallow it all down, because the very person she can call is the one that cause her pain.

She lays flat on the floor while running her gaze to the over-decorated ceiling in her room, letting her tears fall freely from both of her eyes. It’s too late, she’s always too late to recognize everything and this time she’s really cheated by her own overthinking pride.

Nara closes her eyes, picturing her life when he was still nothing for her and she begins her own monolog as the scenes of their past playing in her head.

 

*

She always hates to be a messenger, giving one person’s letter to give to another is a huge burden for her especially if she’s the one that stands in between them. Park Inyoung plead her to delivers the letter to the boy she’s been obsessing for about three months, she said she’s always thinking about him and she even begin picturing their life together. The only strange thing is Inyoung doesn’t have the guts to approach the man that she likes so she sends Nara instead.

With a frown on her face, Ahn Nara finally agrees to be the third person with a promised of answer key for three of their chemistry homework, the only lesson she’s very lacking and Inyoung surprisingly excels in. She knows from Inyoung where this boy usually hangs out and she just follow her direction to come towards the bleachers in the west side of their school. Inyoung was right, Cho Kyuhyun is a rebel that often skip classes and he’s spending his time sleeping on the bleachers when he doesn’t feel like coming to class.

“Are you Cho Kyuhyun?” Nara asks while lifting his baseball hat away from his face.

The boy opens his bloodshot eyes and groans immediately from the sudden sunlight that hits them.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you’re sleeping for real.” She said coldly. “Look, I have a class after this, but my friend made me deliver this to you.” She offers the letter to him.

Kyuhyun sits up and spread his arms widely to the side while yawning, “Is that a love letter? I’m not interested.”

“Just take it. I have to go to class in five minutes.” She places the letter next to him and turns around.

She only took three steps when Inyoung’s letter falls perfectly in front of her. Cho Kyuhyun just throw the letter back to her. “I’m not interested.”

Nara takes the letter from the ground and walks back towards him. “Just read it for God’s sake, she took her time really well writing this.” She insists.

“I can guess what’s in the inside. Judging from that writing, I bet the letter comes from Park Inyoung.” He takes his hat and wears it properly.

“Whoa, you recognize her handwriting? Daebak.” Her jaw drops in real awe.

“That’s not the first letter she gave me.” He shrugs his shoulder. “Why don’t we make a deal,” He runs his eyes to her name tag on the upper left part of her uniform, “Ahn Nara-ssi.”

“What deal?”

“You skip class and sit here with me, while I read that letter. It’s a win-win, she gets her letter read by me and I get myself a company while skipping class.” He raises his eyebrow playfully.

“And what makes you think I’d agree with you?” She places both of her hand on her waist.

“Because I bet you want to know how it feels to skip class also, you gotta do it once in your life, let me be your guide in your first experience.” He chuckles and takes the letter from her hand, “In return, I’ll read this and destroy it all at once, so she doesn’t have any embarrassing evidence later on. What do you think?”

“What makes you think I never skipped class before?”

“Because you’re that pupil, the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter