Chapter 6

Fated to Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing in front of a room filled with curious eyes, Taeyeon raised a subtle brow at the students who seemed so pure and so naïve.  

“You may have a seat in front of Kai, over there,” Mr. Han said.

Taeyeon mentally let out a huge sigh of relief as she tried her best to maintain a stoic and pleasant façade while marching over to her desk with eyes drawn on her the entire way. Her eyes widened with surprise when she saw Sehun there by the window right beside her desk. She quickly waved at him, extremely glad that she had been placed in her son’s class without even expecting it. As usual, Sehun ignored her greeting.

The lesson began, and all the student were busy taking notes, daydreaming, sleeping or asking questions. Throughout the lesson, Taeyeon could feel her eyelids weighing down on her. Shaking her head to snap herself out of her slumber, Taeyeon could no longer lift her eyelids as she fell straight down onto the desk only to be awoken by the sudden loud thud as she met the surface of the table. All eyes directed to her along with Mr. Lim, the physics teacher,who didn’t seem too pleased.

“Is everything alright, Ms. Kim?” he asked in a stern tone, causing chills to run through Taeyeon’s spine.

“N-no, sir,” she replied, feeling the tense atmosphere around her with concern.

“Well, then I suppose there shouldn’t be a problem with you answering the next question, is there?” he asked.

“No, sir,” Taeyeon reluctantly dragged her heavy feet to the board and examined the problem. She smirked inconspicuously, ‘Child’s play…’

In minutes, she scribbled some equations on the board until there was barely any space left for anymore work.

“There…” she sighed with relief as she dusted the chalk off her hands.

All the students gaped with amusement and shock. There were twenty different types of equations on the board, some which they haven’t even learned.

“Well…excellent work, Ms. Kim,” Mr. Lim commented in a stunned tone.

Proud, Taeyeon shuffled back to her seat with a content smile, making sure her eyes stayed opened for the next few hours to avoid being call out again. Soon, the day was getting older by the second when she found herself awoken by the sound of the school’s lunch bell. Groaning as she rubbed her tired eyes, Taeyeon glanced over to the seat beside hers and sighed. Sehun was nowhere to be seen.  Feeling her stomach growl, she decided that she should tend to her hunger first. After a few trial and errors, she managed to reach the cafeteria where her hunger will soon be relinquished.  She grabbed a simple sandwich with the allowance she received from Yoona this morning and scanned the area for a seat, but found no luck. Instead, she ended up going to the one place where she felt the most at peace back when she went to school, the rooftop.

Munching quietly to herself, she looked up at the sky and felt the breeze lifting her worries off her body. It’s been a while since she’s felt like this. The serene atmosphere was cut short when she heard the rooftop door slam open and two voices, both male, causing ruckus right behind the wall where she was sitting.

“That brat thinks he can just bust into the system and mouth off his opinions, disregarding his superiors,” one of the men exclaimed.

“I’ve had about enough of his condescending disrespectful attitude to us,” the other male commented, pulling out two cigarettes from his suit pocket and handing one over to his peer.

“If I remember right, he came here because the principal’s step brother had a connection to him in the past.”

The man scoffed condescendingly, “ up to authority huh…”

“He is nothing , but a low manipulative trash that needs to know his place or else he will have to face the consequences like any other low employee.”

“I’m going to show that punk some respect, “the other responded as he puffed his cigarette and let out a cloud of smoke.

“He will never see it coming,” both men cracked up in a sinister laugh, oblivious that their conversation was being listened to from afar.

Taeyeon was amused, yet indifferent by their rant. She was about to return from the rooftop when she was suddenly caught by surprise by the sound of her ringtone. She cursed at herself for having forgotten to shut off the volume.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter