Chapter 3

Fated to Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Achooo!

Sehun lets out a small sneeze in the middle of class. It seems the classroom was getting chillier by the minute. The bell finally rung signaling all the students to rush out of their classrooms to the cafeteria.

Sehun, who alone in the room, turned his head towards the window watching as the wind blew the clouds swiftly in the sky revealing the bright rays of sun. He was deep in thought as he gazed at the serene scenery before him. Just as things were peaceful, he heard a voice calling his name.

“Sehun…Sehun-ah!”

Sehun snapped his head towards the sound of the voice, his best friend, who was waving a hand in front of his face nonstop. He looked up to see Kai with a sheepish grin on his face causing his spine to tingle and his brows to furrow in confusion.

“Bwoh?” Sehun inquired with a flustered expression.

“Look what I got!” Kai exclaims enthusiastically, as he pulls out a piece of paper from behind his back and holds it before the young lad.

“…Spring Dance?” Sehun reads as he scans the paper that Kai was holding.

“Yup! I found this in my dad’s office. Isn’t it great! We haven’t had one of these babies since decades.” Kai said smiling with glee holding the paper to his chest tightly.

Sehun lets out a small breath “So who are you planning to take? It seems you have a long waiting list ahead of you...”

Kai placed his hand to his chin, “ Hmmm…. Good question.”

“ehhh…I’ll probably ask that cute chick in class 2-A. Or maybe… that chick who has been giving me love letters since the beginning of the school year…” Kai mutters to himself while smiling and nodding his head telling himself that that was the right girl for him.

 Sehun looks at Kai, who was listing all the potential candidates to take for the dance, and lets out a small sigh. He quietly gets up from his seat and grabs his bag that hung behind his chair.

“Hey, where are you going?” Kai asks looking up and noticing his best friend wasn’t in his seat anymore.

“I’m going to get some food,” Sehun answers, disappearing as he turns the corner. Kai follows the young lad to the cafeteria as well after feeling his stomach grumble from all that excitement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“One cappuccino and Americano coming right up,” a young lady with long flowy hair and doe like eyes states, typing in the order into the cashier and accepting the customer’s money humbly. She then twirled around to the other station and started to make the drinks while wiping the sweat away from her forehead from exhaustion.  Just then, the sound of the shop door creeks opens and the young lady snaps her head at the being who entered.

“Wel…come….” Her smile soon fades when she realizes who it was. “Yah what took you so long, Oppa” she inquires as she glares at the elderly man before her.

“Yoona, I need your help,” the elderly man states sternly as he enters the café.

Yoona looks at her brother while squinting her eyes in annoyance. “ How dare you have the audacity to ask for help when I have been endlessly working your…” her eyes widen once she noticed a figure on her brother’s back. It was a young lady, about her age, lying unconsciously behind him.

“W-What’s going on?” She asks stepping out from behind the counter to her older brother.

“Can’t you tell she is unconscious. Get me a first aid kit and a wet towel while I take her upstairs,” the man demands while holding onto the load on his back tightly as he heads behind the counter to the staircase.

“O-Okay,” Yoona stammers, quickly fetching the stuff that her brother ordered.

After carrying the young woman up the stairs, the man drops her carefully on a futon in one of the rooms and heavily gasps for air from all that exercise.

“Here you go,” Yoona says, entering the room where her brother was.

“Thank you,” He responds, grabbing the towel and placing it on the young woman’s forehead gently, which was extremely hot and soaked from her sweat. He then took a few materials out from the kit and began sanitizing her cut that was on her left leg before placing a band aid over it.

Yoona, whom stood there watching as her brother took care of a complete stranger, raises her eyebrows at the sudden sight. Once the man had finished patching her up, he tucks her in before turning around to see his mischievous sister staring at him with her large does eyes.

“What…?” He asks, feeling flustered.

“You…Have a lot of explaining to do,” Yoona states, crossing her arms across her chest.

He lets out a heavy sigh and runs his fingers through his hair, “I know what you’re thinking and that’s beyond reality.”

He leans back on the wall and watches as the young woman sleeps peacefully in the futon, “I found her walking unstably in the middle of the streets. Then she just collapsed in my presence and thank goodness… I was just in time to catch her or who knows what else she might have injured.”

“She seems to be extremely sick. Any idea who she might be so we can contact her guardians?” Yoona says.

The man shrugs “Not a clue. At the state she’s in she’ll probably do good with just some rest and when she wakes up we can ask questions later.”

Yoona nods her head slightly. Then her eyes widen when she just realizes she had just left the shop to a few of her coworkers. When she was about to get up and leave, her brother stops her.

“Wait, Yoona,” The man interrupts. Yoona turns around.

“I’ll go supervise the shop. Look after her while I’m gone, will you?” the man says as he gets up and does a little bit of stretching.

“But- “Before she could say anything, her brother quietly pats her on the shoulders and walks out the room.

Yoona sighs and peers at the feeble body in the futon and walks closer to it. She sits down beside the young woman and examines her quietly. While she was examining, she notices something glowing behind the young woman’s neck, almost like a mark. She leans in closer to take a better look, but the mark suddenly vanished.

“What was that…?” Yoona mutters to herself rubbing her eyes from the surreal scene.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the whistle went off and everyone came to a halt in their daily jog. Everyone was breathing heavily and trying to catc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter