Chapter 4

Fated to Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘This must be a dream’ Taeyeon thought, sensing her body trembling and her vision obscuring due to the tears. Slowly and steadily she tried to gain her balance as she got up from her seat. Her body began moving on its own as her eyes never left the man’s back, hoping that he would glance back at her. Unfortunately, he didn’t, and skipped out the front door. Taeyeon’s heart sank as she quickened her pace, dragging her heavy body across the café hoping she wouldn’t lose sight of him. She went out the front door and anxiously glanced around to see which direction he had gone. A smile slowly forms from the edge of her lips when she sees him talking with another man, one hundred and eighty three centimeters tall with fair pale skin and blonde locks of hair, probably his friend.

“Sehun-ah…” she whispers to herself holding a hand to her chest as she gazed at the young man before her with her soft doe eyes.

Yoona walks out of the kitchen with a dinner tray full of food, grinning proudly. As she reached back to their seat she was dumbfounded to see that it was empty.

“Where did she go?” she mumbled, darting her head around the café.

In the meantime, Taeyeon was walking behind the two boys discreetly, while using the walls of the building to support herself. As she was walking, their figure seems to be getting blurrier by the minute and she was finding it hard to keep up. The boisterous streets were bustling and hustling with people rushing from every direction. Not looking where she was going, she bumps into someone and falls to the ground, hard, with the sound of shattered glass accompanying her accident.

“Watch where you’re going, lady,” the man spat, not even bothering to help her up as he walks away from presence.

Taeyeon furrowed her brows as the image of the pedestrian was cloudy. Rather than replying to his insult, she let out a sigh and looks down at her knees, where she noticed a slight cut on her left knee cap.

“Hey, are you okay?” the sound of a young man made Taeyeon immediately snap her head at the owner of the voice. Her eyes widened greatly after a couple of seconds, when she saw the tan man and his friend beside him. A millisecond later, her expression instantly lit up just when she realized that her son was just a few inches away from her.

Inside, her heart was beating rapidly, almost as if were about to jump out of her chest. She froze at the close proximity, feeling flustered and unsure of how she should approach him without freaking him out. ‘Sehun’ Multiple flashbacks of that night, the night of his birth, began projecting endlessly through her mind. It was almost as if it were yesterday she saw him wrapped in the white blanket wailing through his gummy mouth and tearing through his tiny eyes. Her eyes felt as if they were going to burst into tears any minute, but she tries to remain stoic and composed as she holds it back.

“Here let me help you up,” Kai calmly insists as he grabs her arms and slowly puts her on her feet. Taeyeon gazed at the big hand holding her and the image of his once tiny hand wrapping around her index finger reappeared in her head as her expression softened.

“Thank You,” Taeyeon says weakly, her eyes landing on the tan male face as she examines his features close up.

“…It looks like you scratched yourself a little there,” Kai mentions, noticing the awkward look she’s been giving him, and points to her bloody knee.  His comment caught Taeyeon off guard as she shakes her head and directs her attention to her wound, which appears a lot worse than before. There was a speck of the glass shard still embedded within her knee that almost looked quite painful that even she was surprised at how she could forget about her injury.

“You should go get that sanitized right away,” he suggests.

Taeyeon nods and looks around like a wondering puppy. Nothing in this neighborhood seemed familiar or distinct. Everything just seemed out of place or different.  If she doesn’t even know her where abouts, where in the world is she going to find the hospital in this bustling city. Her eyebrows twitched as it hit her. “ I…I don’t know where the hospital is…” she responded quietly, her gaze shifting towards her feet as she grew silent in defeat.

 “Would you like us to take you to the hospital?” Kai said with a reassuring grin. Taeyeon shoots her head up at him. slowly forms into a wide grin as she nods vigorously at his kind gesture. This was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter