02

That Merman Who Once Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1910

Hey, have you seen Princess Mira?

Princess, where are you?

Princess Mira, the Queen is looking for you!

Please come out wherever you are, your Highness!

 

The said lady scoffed. What 'princess'? I am no princess. She thought to herself as she stay on the deck of the ship. It's funny how she has the title of a Princess yet she, along with her mother and her brothers, is currently leaving their homeland because of a treaty his father signed with the Japanese emperor.

To be assimilated or to live as a subordinate of the Japanese emperor.

Those were the only choices his father have to choose from. With no doubt, his father signed the treaty as he chose to be a subordinate of the Japanese emperor. Thus, the royal family of South Korea has been stripped off of their title and they no longer hold any control over their own country. "We're even running away." The young lady sigh and heard another wave of calls from her servants.

"Mira." The said Princess hums in acknowledgement, knowing fully well who found her. It was one of her brothers. You see, the former King of South Korea has all in all twelve sons and one daughter (Mira being the only girl). However, because of the Japanese colonization and some family disputes because some concubines was jealous of the others, only four of them survived. Three sons and a daughter.

"Let's go back. Everyone's looking for you." His brother said, facing the slumped back of his sister. Although he wanted to scold his sister for slumping like that, he wants her to feel that her brother is not as upright as the Queen; that she can be comfortable with her brothers. Patiently, he waited for her to answer.

Silence.

And then she gasped.

His brother panicked when she almost fell into the sea and jumped to get her from the edge. "What the hell are you doing Shin Mira?" That was the first time her gentle brother raised his voice at her, she almost shivered from it. Almost. If it wasn't for the fact that she or she may have not seen a human in the deep sea.

But how?

"Mira!" She snapped her attention to the call of her brother and found him worriedly looking at her. "I'm fine," she looked back to the sea and found nothing. "I'm fine." She says with finality in her voice, but it seems like she was assuring something with herself than assuring her brother about her safety. She heard her brother sigh as she felt the wood with her feet. "Please, don't do that again. It's too dangerous."

"I'm sorry, Prince Junmyeon for worrying you." T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter